Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Disillusioned seems to be a common word used, one I would agree to, and add a few expletives. Ole seems to be tactically inept and can't adjust to different tactics. How Lindgard still starts is beyond me. At least fight for the ball.
Every time he seems near to be given the door he gets a good result to keep him there. Is it time to go? Think after getting beat by Watford yes. Mid table anonymity beckons.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

screenexile

Quote from: An Watcher on December 23, 2019, 07:16:02 AM
No harm boss but I've never heard of OT being described as a cauldron hence Roy keanes prawn sandwich comments a few years back. Take your point on everything else though. I like the fact that they're giving a manager time but I don't think they're giving the right manager time!

Nearly 20 years ago!!

BennyCake

Quote from: stiffler on December 22, 2019, 03:13:40 PM
De gea shocking for the first goal. Surely Romero a better option at this stage ?

Romero always was the better option. But golden boy De Gea seems undroppable, regardless of his howlers and brutal performances  ::)

magpie seanie

There's still major sugery needed. Success won't come overnight no matter who is in charge. Several players are playing their way out of the club which is no harm. They've been given ample opportunity and are proving they're not good enough. The club's most expensive player has to realise some value when he's sold so he needs to be given "shop window" time. Unfortunately - both these things aren't necessarily conduisive to winning. Nor was getting rid of Lukaku - he'd have got goals in these games against the lower teams and maybe United would have picked up more points. United are too predicatable against these teams - Lukaku gave opposing centre halves more to think about. However, against the top teams in high tempo gameshe was a passenger.

There will continue to be highs and lows until at least 5/6 more dependable players are brought in.

I'm seriously concerned about where DeGea is mentally. He was a superb keeper but this calamitous errors aren't going away....

OgraAnDun

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 23, 2019, 12:17:42 PM
There's still major sugery needed. Success won't come overnight no matter who is in charge. Several players are playing their way out of the club which is no harm. They've been given ample opportunity and are proving they're not good enough. The club's most expensive player has to realise some value when he's sold so he needs to be given "shop window" time. Unfortunately - both these things aren't necessarily conduisive to winning. Nor was getting rid of Lukaku - he'd have got goals in these games against the lower teams and maybe United would have picked up more points. United are too predicatable against these teams - Lukaku gave opposing centre halves more to think about. However, against the top teams in high tempo gameshe was a passenger.

There will continue to be highs and lows until at least 5/6 more dependable players are brought in.

I'm seriously concerned about where DeGea is mentally. He was a superb keeper but this calamitous errors aren't going away....

I admittedly didn't see all of the match yesterday but I thought Pogba was the only Utd player to show a bit of quality when he came on.

magpie seanie

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 23, 2019, 01:10:09 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 23, 2019, 12:17:42 PM

I admittedly didn't see all of the match yesterday but I thought Pogba was the only Utd player to show a bit of quality when he came on.

Undoubtedly but I just don't think he's committed to the cause. Also think he's a poor influence on others so I'd be in favour of shiping him out once he's replaced with similar quality. Therein lies the conundrum.....

Boycey

I see Daley Blind had surgery on a heart condition today, best of luck to the lad...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on December 23, 2019, 11:05:26 PM
I see Daley Blind had surgery on a heart condition today, best of luck to the lad...

Best of luck to him indeed and to another former United player Depay, whom was in the best form of his career only to ruled out long term with a serious knee injury recently.

Milltown Row2

Foot off the gas after the fourth, which, considering the possession they had was poor, should at the very least be winning games like that by 6 or more once the opposition drop their heads.

Going for a 2/1 win on the other game (Burnley)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2019, 07:30:44 PM
Foot off the gas after the fourth, which, considering the possession they had was poor, should at the very least be winning games like that by 6 or more once the opposition drop their heads.

During the festive season if you have your game won, You are naturally thinking about your next day out which will be in a short period. Beating a team by multiple goals means nothing if players are tired, injured or suspended for their next game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 26, 2019, 08:16:16 PM

During the festive season if you have your game won, You are naturally thinking about your next day out which will be in a short period. Beating a team by multiple goals means nothing if players are tired, injured or suspended for their next game.

It's not like they've been going full pelt this year, Utd's main problem has been scoring goals, get into the habit of scoring! Over 20 behind City's GD
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2019, 08:23:23 PM

It's not like they've been going full pelt this year, Utd's main problem has been scoring goals, get into the habit of scoring! Over 20 behind City's GD

True, but goal difference is the least of Man Utd's worries at the moment. And means little or nothing in relation to Man City.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 26, 2019, 08:23:23 PM

City will finish the season in 2nd or 3rd while United will hope they can finish the season in 4th. Main challengers and likely favourites for 4th before United are Chelsea who have scored 33 goals with a GD of +6 and Tottenham scored 34 goals with a GD of +7 while United have scored 30 goals with a GD of + 7. 

United's main problem has been no consistency, can beat or lose to any team in this league.

quit yo jibbajabba