Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 01:24:16 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on November 10, 2019, 01:20:52 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 01:18:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 10, 2019, 01:02:49 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 12:55:05 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 10, 2019, 09:50:05 AM
Have Itchy and Supersarsfields any idea who the paymaster might be or do they believe that he is a fabrication?
I've a fair idea who I think is behind it. But I'll hold my council till I've something to back it up.

Whoever it is would need some significant financial clout and a motive behind it which should narrow the suspect list.
I'm sure we'll find out soon Angelo. I know if I'm wrong and SQ was involved I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong about it.

Any of his children hardly crazy enough to be involved?
Can't see it. The interest in the group was always more SQ than the children. Most of the children have moved on into other things and only one is living local to the Fermanagh/ Cavan area.

The son still retains a heavy interest in the businesses and has made a number of inflammatory comments about the current directors as outlined in the articles above.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 10, 2019, 01:28:55 PM
Have Itchy and Supersarsfields any idea who the paymaster might be or do they believe that he is a fabrication?
I've a fair idea who I think is behind it. But I'll hold my council till I've something to back it up.

Whoever it is would need some significant financial clout and a motive behind it which should narrow the suspect list.
I'm sure we'll find out soon Angelo. I know if I'm wrong and SQ was involved I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong about it.

Can't see it. The interest in the group was always more SQ than the children. Most of the children have moved on into other things and only one is living local to the Fermanagh/ Cavan area.

The son still retains a heavy interest in the businesses and has made a number of inflammatory comments about the current directors as outlined in the articles above.
He really doesn't. He's more focused on QuinnBet. Does he think much of the Directors? No. But I know his interests lie elsewhere at the minute.

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 01:46:10 PM

He really doesn't. He's more focused on QuinnBet. Does he think much of the Directors? No. But I know his interests lie elsewhere at the minute.

I doubt it, very much like his father I think he wants that business empire back that he feels he is entitled to.

Cavan19

Sunday world pointing finger at Quinns.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 10, 2019, 02:58:24 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 10, 2019, 01:46:10 PM

I doubt it, very much like his father I think he wants that business empire back that he feels he is entitled to.
We'll agree to disagree.

bannside

I wonder how Belbridge Consultancy Ltd are actually doing??

Main Street

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 10, 2019, 11:37:01 AM
The write up in today's Sunday World points it very likely it was Quinn. He never seemed convincing in his interviews.
In 2016 the Sunday World  had 'Dublin Jimmy' pegged as the main suspect in the orchestrated hate campaign against the US investor group. Was that well known at that time? Were they the only mainline media outlet to print the name?

armaghniac

The Sunday World is a rag in many ways, but isn't far off the mark in relation to crime.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rodney trotter

I wouldn't generally buy the Sunday World, but heard the Journalist who done the article speaking on the Stand podcast with Dunphy, last .. She said she has been covering Dublin Jimmy for a few years.  Nicola Tallant is her name. She'd have info on her twitter page..

seafoid

Quote from: Cavan19 on November 10, 2019, 03:12:07 PM
The Quinn story is like something out of the Plantation of Ulster .
The chieftain loses a bet and is kicked out of his house by an English soldier and the parties stop. There are loads of Irish poems about it. 

The other model is the play/film the Field where an American buys something he shouldn't have.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

smelmoth

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2019, 08:27:36 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on November 10, 2019, 03:12:07 PM
The Quinn story is like something out of the Plantation of Ulster .
The chieftain loses a bet and is kicked out of his house by an English soldier and the parties stop. There are loads of Irish poems about it. 

The other model is the play/film the Field where an American buys something he shouldn't have.

Who in the Quinn saga has bought something they shouldn't?

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2019, 06:48:54 PM
The Sunday World is a rag in many ways, but isn't far off the mark in relation to crime.

Yeh, sure they spent decades glorifying crime by giving their favourite gangsters nicknames. The same Paul Williams is still at large masquerading elsewhere as a serious journalist and crime expert.

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on November 10, 2019, 06:48:54 PM
I found that article and the journo Mick McCaffrey was actually named as author, that would take some guts to put your name to an article outing a guttersnipe like Dublin Jimmy in the midst of orchestrated terror campaign.

Angelo

Smokin Joe

So The Sunday World, who normally know their stuff when it comes to crime reporting are suggesting that the paymaster has a son who goaded McGuinness "What are we paying you for?"

I can only imagine that the choice of wording used in that article was not accidental............