Climate change fires in Greece, Italy, Canada, Spain etc

Started by seafoid, August 21, 2023, 07:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 07, 2023, 09:42:21 AM
There is but I don't think a few good days here is part of that data!

It's the extreme's that are the concern.

We'd a very warm June to be followed by one of the wettest July's on record, August was meh, and now we've days in September well into the high 20's...

The spud crop was fecked down our way with the July rain, blight and poor growth...

J70

The three months just past have been the three hottest ever recorded across the planet.

One data point on its own might not mean much, but the accumulation of them do.

J70

Quote from: AustinPowers on September 07, 2023, 10:53:47 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2023, 08:03:01 AM
24 to 28 degrees today- in September. In Ireland. The Munster hurling final was never 28  degrees. 
It 's only going to get worse.

Al Gore and Bill Gates  may  get the sandbags   ready for the  imminent  rising sea levels swallowing up  their beach front mansions.

I have sandbags permanently set up in front of my basement doors due to extreme rain events in NYC the past two years. Never had a problem before that in the ten years I've been in my house.

imtommygunn

Quote from: J70 on September 07, 2023, 02:46:45 PM
The three months just past have been the three hottest ever recorded across the planet.

One data point on its own might not mean much, but the accumulation of them do.

I fully agree. Less than one week of exceptions is not the thing that spells climate change. It's the consistency of it.

thewobbler

All fair and well folks.

But when someone promotes a short Indian Summer in Ireland as a climate change concern, they come across as a zealot, and in my opinion, are detrimental to the cause.

I don't know why. It just strikes me as the type of guilt ridden propaganda that I'd associate with the church. Focus on the things that shouldn't happen in our weather system folks.

imtommygunn

seafoid

Quote from: thewobbler on September 07, 2023, 03:54:34 PM
All fair and well folks.

But when someone promotes a short Indian Summer in Ireland as a climate change concern, they come across as a zealot, and in my opinion, are detrimental to the cause.

I don't know why. It just strikes me as the type of guilt ridden propaganda that I'd associate with the church. Focus on the things that shouldn't happen in our weather system folks.
After a summer of unprecedented temperatures on the continent and forest fires all over the world and record low sea ice in the Arctic and the record ever temperature in Ireland  at 29 degrees and 30 predicted tomorrow I don't.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clarshack

It gave a big fat sun all day and we couldn't even get to 3 o'clock without it lashing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 07, 2023, 04:02:05 PM
It's raining now. Climate change over  ;D

Its hot rain though!! Like acid! Whatever happened to acid rain? is that still going?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth but it will if you leave it overnight on the worktop when the daytime temperature is 28. In September.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2023, 08:31:37 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 07, 2023, 08:24:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 07, 2023, 08:03:01 AM
24 to 28 degrees today- in September. In Ireland. The Munster hurling final was never 28  degrees. 
It 's only going to get worse.

When people like yourself describe every slightly unusual weather pattern as a result of climate change, it really frustrates people like me i.e. people who can remember that (Irish) weather patterns have been unpredictable since forever. You actually sound like a religious fundamentalist when complaining that a short Indian summer is end of nigh stuff.
It's not  just the incidence. It's the severity. There is too much data to ignore.

It stopped raining in Galway for a few days, if that's not a bizarre weather pattern I don't know what is.