Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2019, 09:56:35 AM
Quote from: Scoring Zone on January 29, 2019, 08:54:29 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on January 28, 2019, 03:19:43 PM
Yeah we were at the game and were amazed he brought on DC rather than LB but someone beside me said maybe it was cos LB had been playing Sigerson recently. I would say it's just Mickey hoping Canavan can learn quickly.

Kerry were  very well organised and snuffed out all our attempts and going forward. We looked very lethargic and almost not interested in trying to work hard to break them down. They maybe underestimated how much Kerry would be up for it and they worked harder and more defensively than usual.

It seemed abit of a shit show in general, but our record in Killarney is woeful and with the sigerson and lack of continuity in the squad general, this should be ironed out after the sigerson and I would bet tyrone taking this Kerry team in Croker later on in the summer. But it is the simple execution of skills and concentration absent - the line balls going back, the kickout not being taken from the right spot - which has happened v Donegal, v Monaghan and Dublin now so Morgan needs to concentrate on being a Keeper first and stay behind the 21 as he is a liability at present with more reasonability.

It would seem slightly presumptuous to blame / name a goalkeeper for a loss in a game which your basically saying you didn't see, in a game that same goalkeeper did not concede any goals.

Tyrone were beat because they scored 7 pts. You won't ever win a game of Gaelic Football with a score of 0-7 pts. There is also the fact that Kerry are quite good at Gaelic Football under their new manager, at home, against a team they have had a modern dislike for. Maybe they just wanted it more than Tyrone?

well that's just a factually incorrect statement isn't it?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Christmas Lights

Morgan is by far the best long dead ball kicker on the team, of course he should be hitting the 45's and frees from afar.  He has the distance always right, just lacks accuracy now and again.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 29, 2019, 02:46:07 PM
Yeah we were at the game and were amazed he brought on DC rather than LB but someone beside me said maybe it was cos LB had been playing Sigerson recently. I would say it's just Mickey hoping Canavan can learn quickly.

Kerry were  very well organised and snuffed out all our attempts and going forward. We looked very lethargic and almost not interested in trying to work hard to break them down. They maybe underestimated how much Kerry would be up for it and they worked harder and more defensively than usual.

It seemed abit of a shit show in general, but our record in Killarney is woeful and with the sigerson and lack of continuity in the squad general, this should be ironed out after the sigerson and I would bet tyrone taking this Kerry team in Croker later on in the summer. But it is the simple execution of skills and concentration absent - the line balls going back, the kickout not being taken from the right spot - which has happened v Donegal, v Monaghan and Dublin now so Morgan needs to concentrate on being a Keeper first and stay behind the 21 as he is a liability at present with more reasonability.

It would seem slightly presumptuous to blame / name a goalkeeper for a loss in a game which your basically saying you didn't see, in a game that same goalkeeper did not concede any goals.

Tyrone were beat because they scored 7 pts. You won't ever win a game of Gaelic Football with a score of 0-7 pts. There is also the fact that Kerry are quite good at Gaelic Football under their new manager, at home, against a team they have had a modern dislike for. Maybe they just wanted it more than Tyrone?

We'll see how many teams win games over the next few weeks in all divisions in the NFL with a max score of 0-07 and come back to this. I'd say you'll get maybe 1.....2 at a push out of about 100 games.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2019, 02:54:35 PM

We'll see how many teams win games over the next few weeks in all divisions in the NFL with a max score of 0-07 and come back to this. I'd say you'll get maybe 1.....2 at a push out of about 100 games.

There may well be none that win a game with 0-07.  I'm just challenging the statement that you wont ever win a game with 0.07 - that is not correct is it?  You wont win many games with 0.07 would be accurate.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

In hiding

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 29, 2019, 03:04:34 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 29, 2019, 02:54:35 PM

There may well be none that win a game with 0-07.  I'm just challenging the statement that you wont ever win a game with 0.07 - that is not correct is it?  You wont win many games with 0.07 would be accurate.

Busy day today lads ?  ::)

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Christmas Lights on January 29, 2019, 02:48:07 PM
Morgan is by far the best long dead ball kicker on the team, of course he should be hitting the 45's and frees from afar.  He has the distance always right, just lacks accuracy now and again.

No Gallen is

Eastie

Dd and Canavan dropped from squad.

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

2  Michael McKernan Oileán a'Ghuail

3 Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin

4 Hugh Pat McGeary Cabhán a'Chaortainn

5 Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair

6 Rory Brennan Trí Leac

7 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin

8 Brian Kennedy Doire Lochain

9 Declan McClure Cluain Eo

10 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac

11 Niall Sludden An Droim Mhór

12 Kieran McGeary Cabhán a'Chaortainn

13 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc

14 Cathal McShane E. R. Uí Néill

15 Lee Brennan Trí Leac

16 Benny Gallen  Achadh Uí Aráin

17 Frank Burns Cabhán a'Chaortainn

18  Kyle Coney Ard Bó

19 Conan Grugan An Ómaigh

20 Conal McCann Coill an Chlochair

21 Aidan McCrory  Aireagal Chiaráin

22  Ben McDonnell  Aireagal Chiaráin

23 Ciaran McLaughlin An Ómaigh

24  Conor Meyler An Ómaigh

25  Ronan O'Neill An Ómaigh

26 Liam Rafferty  An Gallbhaile

NotedObserver

Strong team. Would like to see Coney and Grugan but hopefully see them early. Can only really see , hampsey, colly and maybe Meyler/mcaliskey coming into that side come championship.

giveherlong

What about Omagh pitch, still snow lying on it?
Any other venues being considered such as Coalisland/Edendork?

omagh_gael

Wouldn't be much snow left at this stage. There's potentially more snow due around Sunday so that'll be something to keep an eye on.

deadman

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 31, 2019, 10:40:06 PM
Strong team. Would like to see Coney and Grugan but hopefully see them early. Can only really see , hampsey, colly and maybe Meyler/mcaliskey coming into that side come championship.

Burns would be vying for centre-back with R. Brennan as the year goes on. I'd put Mattie to midfield for McClure and get Coney into number 10.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Eastie on January 31, 2019, 10:31:35 PM
Dd and Canavan dropped from squad.

1 Niall Morgan Éadan na dTorc

2  Michael McKernan Oileán a'Ghuail

3 Ronan McNamee Achadh Uí Aráin

4 Hugh Pat McGeary Cabhán a'Chaortainn

5 Tiernan McCann Coill an Chlochair

6 Rory Brennan Trí Leac

7 Peter Harte Aireagal Chiaráin

8 Brian Kennedy Doire Lochain

9 Declan McClure Cluain Eo

10 Matthew Donnelly Trí Leac

11 Niall Sludden An Droim Mhór

12 Kieran McGeary Cabhán a'Chaortainn

13 Darren McCurry Éadan na dTorc

14 Cathal McShane E. R. Uí Néill

15 Lee Brennan Trí Leac

16 Benny Gallen  Achadh Uí Aráin

17 Frank Burns Cabhán a'Chaortainn

18  Kyle Coney Ard Bó

19 Conan Grugan An Ómaigh

20 Conal McCann Coill an Chlochair

21 Aidan McCrory  Aireagal Chiaráin

22  Ben McDonnell  Aireagal Chiaráin

23 Ciaran McLaughlin An Ómaigh

24  Conor Meyler An Ómaigh

25  Ronan O'Neill An Ómaigh

26 Liam Rafferty  An Gallbhaile

Canavan is away travelling at the minute and wont be back for few more weeks

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: giveherlong on January 31, 2019, 11:11:50 PM
What about Omagh pitch, still snow lying on it?
Any other venues being considered such as Coalisland/Edendork?

They might go Coalisland if stuck, definitely not Edendork, no stand.

Redhand Santa

I'd be surprised if they used either for a division one league game especially with Mayo being well supported. I'd imagine if by any chance Omagh wasn't playable it would go to Armagh (who are playing in Newry on Sunday).

southtyronegael

that was pure muck. same slow, ponderous build up play. peter harte most selfish player I seen in a long time. mattie Donnelly same holding the ball and takin a few solos every time. we haven't worked on our attacking play one jot.