GAA 2034

Started by Rossfan, March 30, 2018, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrdeeds

They want to pay players and managers but also stay amateur. Best of luck with that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 30, 2018, 12:35:32 PM
They want to pay players and managers but also stay amateur. Best of luck with that.

Sure that's what's happening already and has been for a good few years. It has worked so far. Most people haven't the brains to work it out for themselves so just accept the lines they're spun.

orangeman

The past few years they've been "softening " us up, preparing us for semi professionalism. The next leader of the GPA will take this a bit further down the road. The amateur days are long gone in most place at this stage. It's only a matter of the patrons getting their heads round it.

Rossfan

The "patrons" won't care one way or the other once admission prices don't go too high.
Mind you €30 for NFL Finals is a bit severe.
I suppose there's nothing in it about splitting Dublin with its 1.3m population (probably 1.6 by 2034) as it would probably have been shelved if there was??

Syferus

Professionalism might still be better than what we currently have with one pro team and a bunch of counties putting themselves in debt chasing them, all be it not a better solution than reigning in the wild horse in the first place

30 Euro for two national finals is very cheap Rossfan, take a look at the prices of other major sports before you spout that nonsense line again. Though something tells me you are petrified of catching a contagion if you look at another sport for too long.

Rossfan

Other major sports are paying their players € millions so have high admission prices.
I don't watch other sports,apart from occasional bits of Aussie Rules and have no intention of either.
A good walk is far more beneficial than watching young millionaires playing some boring game I have no interest in.
Now toddle along and watch some rubby if you've all you're colouring done.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 30, 2018, 05:44:27 PM
Other major sports are paying their players € millions so have high admission prices.
I don't watch other sports,apart from occasional bits of Aussie Rules and have no intention of either.
A good walk is far more beneficial than watching young millionaires playing some boring game I have no interest in.
Now toddle along and watch some rubby if you've all you're colouring done.

I hope you tell the NCAA that colleges are paying basketball and American football players 'millions'..

Eamonnca1

The NCAA is a bit of an outlier. It's a total scam that leaves the players with nothing and the top managers with everything. Oh and it's a "non-profit" organization like the NFL. Don't get me started.

larryin89

Professionalism becomes a place of work , how could you legally stop a transfer market ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ONeill

Wonder how Mayo will be getting on then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

51 year old Andy Moran will still be their best forward.

larryin89

Quote from: ONeill on March 30, 2018, 06:26:35 PM

Damn , everyone just loves Mayo.

It will be a poor day the day we stop competing . True fact.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

longballin

2034 there will be discontentment in Tyrone with some calling for Mickey Harte to step down.

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on March 30, 2018, 06:46:14 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 30, 2018, 06:26:35 PM

Damn , everyone just loves Mayo.

It will be a poor day the day we stop competing . True fact.

Today is looking like a poor day so.