Quinn Insurance in Administration

Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Sorry DF. I'll stick to my opinion that you either don't know what your talking about or your a liar.

dublinfella

Quote from: haranguerer on May 28, 2010, 01:27:36 PM
Absolute bollocks. Grow up and admit you didnt know what you were talking about, or alternatively (though you'll find this impossible) get some evidence, as you've already been asked to do. You cant just keep insisting you're right when its clear you're wrong, unless you can bring something new to the argument. The attempt to concede that 'mebbe its different in the 6' doesnt count as anything new, just sounds like the start of a concession....

I say there reputation is x, you say it is y. Its called a difference of opinion, yet somehow I am a liar etc.

Grow up lads.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: dublinfella on May 28, 2010, 12:53:22 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on May 28, 2010, 12:00:17 PM
Bit like your comment on them delaying claims DF.

I stand by it. Unless its different in the 6, thats their business model and reputation.

Interestly I hear anecdotes quite to the contrary.  Admittedly only anecdotes but as worthy of comment as a link to a google search.

What I heard was that they were very, very quick to pay-out.  The practice being to land on the doorstep with a seemingly very generous offer of settlement (to the layman) but resulting in a much smaller settlement (and associated costs) than one which would accrue when the legal profession finished their work.............

I think more pertinent here is the fact that the yellow card had been shown before, followed by no apparent remedial action.

/Jim

brokencrossbar1

Quinn Direct made a very wise business decision a numbr of years ago to speed up the claims process and avoid litigation costs by appointing claims managers in the various areas who had authority to make fairly substantial offers for compensation to injured parties.  I dealt with them personally and professionally over the years and had a case I was injured in paid out for car damage and personal injuries in less than 6 weeks.  Delay is not something I have experienced

supersarsfields

This is the point I've been making to DF for a while now. There are things that can be thrown at QD but what he was claiming was complete BS and indeed anyone with any knowledge of the insurance industry in Ireland would know this. Even people with no knowledge of the insurance industry would know this (the speed of settling became a problem in Belfast were it was being used in insurance fraud by people knowing how quickly QD would settle). Therefore I can only assume that he was just throwing mud at QD with no actual knowledge of what he was claiming or else was purposely lying.

Neither options reflects well on him.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 28, 2010, 03:40:19 PM
(the speed of settling became a problem in Belfast were it was being used in insurance fraud by people knowing how quickly QD would settle).

Now why doesn't that surprise me ::)  I actually remember when they started it, it was around 2001/2002 and  I was working dealing with litiagtion claims.  I had a few people came in with settlement figures 2-3 days after the accident and they couldn't believe it.  The thing that struck me was how close to the "real value" of a claim that they were.  With the average whipper taking 9-12 months for settlement the punters were happy.  Needless to say I got a Form of Authority signed very quickly and negotiated a few extra quid on their part :P

Therefore I can only assume that he was just throwing mud at QD with no actual knowledge of what he was claiming or else was purposely lying.

This is hardly a first.

supersarsfields

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 28, 2010, 03:55:56 PM
(the speed of settling became a problem in Belfast were it was being used in insurance fraud by people knowing how quickly QD would settle).

Now why doesn't that surprise me ::)  I actually remember when they started it, it was around 2001/2002 and  I was working dealing with litiagtion claims.  I had a few people came in with settlement figures 2-3 days after the accident and they couldn't believe it.  The thing that struck me was how close to the "real value" of a claim that they were.  With the average whipper taking 9-12 months for settlement the punters were happy.  Needless to say I got a Form of Authority signed very quickly and negotiated a few extra quid on their part :P

Therefore I can only assume that he was just throwing mud at QD with no actual knowledge of what he was claiming or else was purposely lying.

This is hardly a first.

:D

I'd say there's a fair few solicitors in Belfast that did a jig the day Quinns were put in Admin. It was cutting chunks outa their work.

haranguerer

Quote from: dublinfella on May 28, 2010, 02:21:02 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 28, 2010, 01:27:36 PM
Absolute bollocks. Grow up and admit you didnt know what you were talking about, or alternatively (though you'll find this impossible) get some evidence, as you've already been asked to do. You cant just keep insisting you're right when its clear you're wrong, unless you can bring something new to the argument. The attempt to concede that 'mebbe its different in the 6' doesnt count as anything new, just sounds like the start of a concession....

I say there reputation is x, you say it is y. Its called a difference of opinion, yet somehow I am a liar etc.

Grow up lads.

You claimed their entire business model was 'x', even though all the evidence points to the contrary. Its not a difference of opinion, its you being wrong.

Its like me saying 'France doesnt exist', you providing evidence very much to the contrary, and me attributing it to a difference of opinion!

screenexile

Quinn insurance do not mess around with the speed at which they settle their claims, they will find ways to get out of them and will often get them settled (without recourse) at much less than a client would if they were with another Insurance Company but speed is definitely not an issue!

Denn Forever

On Primetime tonight.  Will it tell us anything new/
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersarsfields

Well these administors were money well spent! Looks like half the job cuts they deemed were necessery weren't! And now it's Quinns that are going to have to pick up the cost for their feck up!!

Well done brian, well done!! 

FarneyMan

supersarsfields

Quinns were told to make job cuts, Are paying out big redundancies and now it turns out half the jobs cuts weren't needed at all. Quinns are going to end up having to hire new people to replace the ones that have been promised reduntancies!!

FarneyMan

I heard that the majority of the job cuts in the Enniskillen office have been cancelled and that people that were accepted for redundancy have now been told that its been declined.........even though some were due to leave in a matter of weeks, some had new jobs lined up, some had VISA's arranged to USA/Australia etc etc

Talk about a c**k-up, messing around with peoples live here............

NAG1

Think they should count themselves lucky there are people in alot worse off positions than someone being told they could have their redundancy only to be told, hold on a minute heres your job back!