Has the gap to Kilkenny narrowed?

Started by lilpaulie85, September 08, 2009, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have tipp proved the gap is closing?

Yes but only tipp have the team
Ha,ha your joking kilkenny have another gear
yes there are a couple of teams not far off
kilkenny still just out of reach, (but not by much)

derryhero

deiseach..are u wise chep

antrim have been knocking at the door for years now, great underage structure and there is great optimisim in the county antrim, and its about time they finally delieverd on their promise.

dinny cahil has apparently brought up pillar caffery for the motivational side of things, things are lookin good

lets jus say, antrim at 750/1 for the liam mc carty are a very good bet

Farrandeelin

Quote from: INDIANA on March 29, 2010, 12:09:38 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 29, 2010, 11:47:54 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 29, 2010, 11:28:17 AM
Quote from: Reillers on March 29, 2010, 12:16:27 AM
Quote from: orangeman on March 28, 2010, 11:44:37 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 28, 2010, 11:31:45 PM
..It's the League. Lets all take a breath. I do think they'll be beaten this year. Deserved to be last year, just hung on, and the teams around them are improving and figuring out what needs to be done to beat KK.
Teams are now going out to first and foremost beat KK at their own game, the physical game. Which is something they don't like getting thrown back in their face, if you base it on the reaction of their supporters.

Teams are throwing the kitchen sink at them physically and I'd say, it'll result in a lot of players being sent off if things keep going the way their going.

Do you mean KK's opponents will get a lot of players sent off for being over physical ???

What did you make of the challenge on the Galway goalkeeper today by the way which resulted in him being taken off by ambulance ???

The commentators reckoned there wasn't much wrong with it ?? Would the helmet have had anything to do with it ??

KK have a long history of bullying, borderline legal anyway, players off the line. Now teams, instead of being bullied off the ball and trying to get at them another way, are now meeting physicaly. And physical meet physical will end up with more sending offs/cards..etc. Imo anyway.

What happened today looked odd. Thought he was playing for a free where we were watching it, then they show the Galway players putting him in the recovery position and well clearly it was a lot more serious then first thought. Don't think there was much in it, only say it once/twice though. Just one of those things I guess.
Hard to tell whether the helmet helped or made it worse.

Yep no different to Cork hatchetmen like Dermot Mc Curtain Reillers. Fergal Ryan was good at lowering the blades too. O Sullivan the same. You really do shovel in the shit you promote don't you?

Never seen much divilment in McCurtain myself, but the bould Timmy Crowley knew his strengths for sure as JBM's main supplier in chief.
Seems to me the only people who whinge about kilkenny's physicality is Cork people like Reillers.

Really, if you came to my area, there'd be plenty of giving out about Kk's bullying tactics. The only difference is that we're in a football heartland.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ash Smoker

Quote from: derryhero on March 29, 2010, 02:22:19 PM
deiseach..are u wise chep

antrim have been knocking at the door for years now, great underage structure and there is great optimisim in the county antrim, and its about time they finally delieverd on their promise.

dinny cahil has apparently brought up pillar caffery for the motivational side of things, things are lookin good

lets jus say, antrim at 750/1 for the liam mc carty are a very good bet
Fools and their money...

Ash Smoker

It is interesting to note that Cody hasn't given the league much priority this year.
Did he feel that his players may be tired after several years on the go, so he eased off on them?

He can afford to take that risk being in Leinster though.

Reillers

Quote from: Ash Smoker on April 08, 2010, 09:22:50 PM
It is interesting to note that Cody hasn't given the league much priority this year.
Did he feel that his players may be tired after several years on the go, so he eased off on them?

A bit hypocritical of someone who goes on and on and on about how important the League is and how important it is to start winning early in the season..
But I suppose it's been a long few years for them, and could well be feeling it. Who knows. No doubt though there'll be a different KK team come Championship, and I agree they can afford not to make the Leauge a priority because they're in Leinster.

deiseach

Anyone got any quotes from Cody to the effect that they haven't given the League 'much priority' this year? Doesn't ring true

gallsman

Quote from: Reillers on April 09, 2010, 12:34:06 AM

A bit hypocritical of someone who goes on and on and on about how important the League is and how important it is to start winning early in the season..
But I suppose it's been a long few years for them, and could well be feeling it. Who knows. No doubt though there'll be a different KK team come Championship, and I agree they can afford not to make the Leauge a priority because they're in Leinster.

Wow, for all your digs at Kilkenny and their supporters, now you have a dig at Cody.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Reillers on April 09, 2010, 12:34:06 AM

Reillers. Limerick are shite, Clare not much better. Kerry don't play. So Munster is basically a 3 horse race. Leinster is probably a 2 horse race. Is there really much difference?

Munster hurling people need to realise two things.

1) Kilkenny are/were the best team in the country for the past 4-5 years and would have been if they played in Mars.
2) The Munster championship (as a competition) has been dying since the introduction of the expanded qualifiers. It's not the be all and end all any more. I've seen several insipid Munster finals over the past few years, whereas they were always rip roaring affairs at least (even if the quality fluctuated) up until then.

For years Galway used the excuse that playing in a weak connacht final against Roscommon before playing against Leinster or Munster in the All Ireland Semi final was a huge handicap. Now you're saying Kilkenny can pace themselves through Leinster and it's a benefit.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 12, 2010, 09:25:03 AM
Reillers. Limerick are shite, Clare not much better. Kerry don't play. So Munster is basically a 3 horse race. Leinster is probably a 2 horse race. Is there really much difference?

No. There's a lot of blarney about the Munster championship. I still like it though

awfulynice

Its hard to read too much into the league although it is suprising for Kilkenny to be 5th in the table. I think they are unbeaten in the championship for the last 4 years and when you spend that long at the top it tends to take its toll. Im not sure that the great "second" kilkenny team that people speak about is as good as people would have thought. I still think they are favourites for the all ireland this year, but they will be ran closer in leinster and in the quarter and semi finals

AZOffaly

I'm saying that Kilkenny will not win the All Ireland this year.

I think Tipperary, Galway and even Cork and Waterford can take them this year.

Ash Smoker

Quote from: deiseach on April 10, 2010, 11:03:54 PM
Anyone got any quotes from Cody to the effect that they haven't given the League 'much priority' this year? Doesn't ring true
He doesn't need to say anything.
He allowed 3 teams to beat Kilkenny!  ;D