Gary Speed RIP

Started by SLIGONIAN, November 27, 2011, 12:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Condolescenes to his family and all that knew him, a leeds united legend, had a great yr with wales, reports say he was found hanged today...

Im in total state of shock, only 42, Rest in peace.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

goldenyears

hanging!? fkn hell thats shocking - i assumed heart.
what a class footballer

David McKeown

Very sad news. A great player for many years
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 27, 2011, 12:37:42 PM
Condolescenes to his family and all that knew him, a leeds united legend, had a great yr with wales, reports say he was found hanged today...

that's been confirmed
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Agnes Dipesto

tyroneboi

Actually in shock about it. RIP

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 27, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 27, 2011, 12:37:42 PM

that's been confirmed
I did think about whether to post that or not, but its in the mainstream media so everyone was going to see it anyway. Really gutted, he was one of the good guys and i think everyone liked him and wanted him to do well.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Square Ball

yeah posted it on the Death Notices earlier on, but diddnt realise he was found hung.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

keeping an eye on things

Honestly can not believe this!  He was just on Football Focus yesterday and looked so relaxed and like himself!  Seemed one of the genuine nice guys in football.  His poor family, can't believe it - RIP

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyHarp

This is shocking news! On the face of it you would think he had it all, successful career, wife, kids, plenty of money. But you just don't know what's going on in a mans head! RIP Gary, a true legend for Wales and Leeds!
That was never a square ball!!

Square Ball

I have been listening to the tributes on Radio 5, god some grown men close top tears with the shock but not one of them has mentioned how he died yet. one of the great midfielders

RIP
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

theskull1

What a strange condition.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BennyCake

Jesus that's shocking. Seemed like a really nice fella. Can't believe that.

RIP

Carmen Stateside

Sad shocking news.  I dont often get to see Football focus, but was up early yesterday and there he was on it.  Few hours later and he has taken his life.  Thoughts are with his family. RIP