Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barking mad

There was no wind of great consequence and I thought it pissed before it fairly dry during.I'm on about the hammering syf when they only get 6 or 7 points, not last year's score fest that Harney got planted in.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2016, 11:45:40 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2016, 11:04:56 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 14, 2016, 11:00:06 AM
A lot of hopeless optimists on internet forums(a??) ;D
I think most realistic people are saying if we learn some lessons, a better team selection and game plan we can win it.
Kevin Walsh is oversold. He is the best manager we have had in a good while

No better than Mullholand.

You have been dissing him since he was appointed, Syf, while blowing up Ros . You would do very well in equity sales or wonderbra design. 
I note it wasn't the Rossies who broke the Mayo monopoly.
Mulholland brought the team as far as he could from the nadir. But Walsh is a better tactician.
and I'm sure he is working on something to blow the flowers out of the water.   

cornetto

If galway lose

Mayo win it's galway v cork/ longford

Kildare win it's galway v cork/longford or kildare

if roscommon lose

Sligo win it's Ross v cavan/derry.

Clare win it's Ross v cavan/derry or clare

Rossfan

I'd imagine to GAA want Ros,Cavan and Sligo to join Tipp in Round 4A to get a decent crowd at a Croker double header.
If it's Galway, Derry and Clare they could have a double header in Kiltoom ( with Syfín as Ref  ;D).
Hope the Ref on Sunday hasn't been nobbled  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Galway have better forwards

"Then came Varley's dashing, thumped point on the run. It was a score that was vintage Galway in its flamboyance and authority. Had Galway closed the match out, their 45th title would have been written down as an assured performance by a young team growing in stature and street smarts. "

A week late is grand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACMDW42eOI

Cunny Funt

Quote from: cornetto on July 14, 2016, 08:03:24 PM
If galway lose

if roscommon lose

Wrong. Connacht final loser takes on one of A winners. Mayo,Cork,Kildare and Longford are on B side of the draw.

6 day turn around for the Connacht final loser and as Monaghan found out a likely early exit from this years championship.

barking mad

Roscommon have better forwards probably 10 good forwards on ros panel
7 to 8 would walk on Galway panel and 4 probably start
I'll let ye have Walsh and comer
And if between the 2 teams if they could muster a midfield ild have Flynn no 10 so 3 from each county

larryin89

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 14, 2016, 08:24:45 PM
If galway lose

if roscommon lose

Wrong. Connacht final loser takes on one of A winners. Mayo,Cork,Kildare and Longford are on B side of the draw.

6 day turn around for the Connacht final loser and as Monaghan found out a likely early exit from this years championship.

Pretty sure thats wrong too. Uls and leinster losers are into b
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Maroon Manc

The time to judge some of these Roscommon forwards is after the championship, I really don't know how anyone can say Roscommon have one of the best forward lines in the country as hitting some big scores early on in the league doesn't count.

I've seen no evidence this year or in the last few years to suggest Roscommon have a better forward line than Galway; Now a few months down the line I'll certainly give Roscommon more credit should they take off in the next few games.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on July 14, 2016, 09:43:44 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 14, 2016, 08:24:45 PM
If galway lose

if roscommon lose

Pretty sure thats wrong too. Uls and leinster losers are into b

What's also wrong?

Leinster Ulster final losers take on the B winners in round 4. Connacht Munster losers take on the two A winners.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 14, 2016, 10:02:10 PM
The time to judge some of these Roscommon forwards is after the championship, I really don't know how anyone can say Roscommon have one of the best forward lines in the country as hitting some big scores early on in the league doesn't count.

I've seen no evidence this year or in the last few years to suggest Roscommon have a better forward line than Galway; Now a few months down the line I'll certainly give Roscommon more credit should they take off in the next few games.
they were on fire against NY

Syferus

When the Galway forward line regularly consists of a single player it's fair enough to say we've the better forward line..

Roscommon forwards generally let play their positions with obvious concessions to the modern game.  Galway's simply are not. It's a pity as these players have played against each other in some of the most memorable matches I've ever witnessed. Roscommon at least trying to be positive but Galway have zero intentions of being expansive and will ride the blanket boat until it's evitable sinking. How times how changed when it's Galway of all counties that's afraid to play football.

We'll see if Galway are in a hole at some point on Sunday and have to pour forward if that fear is well founded or not.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2016, 10:51:08 PM

When the Galway forward line regularly consists of a single player it's fair enough to say we've the better forward line..

Yeah but it doesn't though so it's a moot point.

I agree with someone above though that lauding a forward line for putting up good scores against half interested sides in the early rounds of the league is not a valid basis to crown them as world beaters. I don't think our own lads are world beaters either by the way but they can score given the opportunity.

I do think Roscommon have more options off the bench though. This is where the 4 or 5 lads that would be on the Galway panel that are currently in the US are going to be missed from a Galway perspective. Whether it be this weekend or the next.

Rossfan

Stop blathering Syfín or are you so excited your hero uimhir a dó is named FF Sunday.
He did a lot last Sunday when he came on!!!
Anyway it's unlikely the announced team will start but for what it's worth -
Darren, little Davy Mullooly McI, Seànie McManus Percy, Daly Compton, Fintan Dev  Keenan, Cregger SK. Ciaràin.
More interesting is Higgins named in the 26.
Hope Donie Smith isn't left too long on the bench.
All to play for......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 14, 2016, 11:26:54 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2016, 10:51:08 PM

Yeah but it doesn't though so it's a moot point.

I agree with someone above though that lauding a forward line for putting up good scores against half interested sides in the early rounds of the league is not a valid basis to crown them as world beaters. I don't think our own lads are world beaters either by the way but they can score given the opportunity.

I do think Roscommon have more options off the bench though. This is where the 4 or 5 lads that would be on the Galway panel that are currently in the US are going to be missed from a Galway perspective. Whether it be this weekend or the next.

Walsh is not putting them in a position to score and never will he ever unless he's chasing a game and is desperate.