galway v donegal

Started by cornetto, July 19, 2015, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornetto

Am I right in saying Tyrone cannot meet done gal so itl be galway v donegal?

StephenC

Capitalised this thread title please.

We took Galway in Castlebar and took them in Sligo. Expect we'll be back in one of those venues.

joemamas

Quote from: StephenC on July 19, 2015, 05:12:10 PM

We took Galway in Castlebar and took them in Sligo. Expect we'll be back in one of those venues.

Croke Park saturday August 1st doubleheader

Syferus

Quote from: joemamas on July 19, 2015, 05:14:58 PM

If they actually do that it's utter madness.

joemamas

Quote from: Syferus on July 19, 2015, 05:43:17 PM

If they actually do that it's utter madness.

And????
That is the end result of the provincial honchos doing away with the four Qfinals on the one weekend. It is preset, I am a season ticket holder, and tickets are printed.

Redhand Santa

Is the packages not for the quarter and semi finals? None involve round 4 of the qualifiers?

Sidney

Duine Eile

Game fixed for Croke Park, 1st August at 6pm, double header with Sligo and Tyrone.

An Fhairche Abu

Suits me down to the ground but I can't see a huge crowd heading to Croke Park for those fixtures.

Duine Eile

Was hoping for Sligo or Castlebar myself but Croker it is, can't see there being a massive crowd at it.

joemamas

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 20, 2015, 01:30:46 PM
Was hoping for Sligo or Castlebar myself but Croker it is, can't see there being a massive crowd at it.

Massive crowd :).

20k max, which means an 80k stadium will be 25% occupied. What planning.
Last week I was thinking that if Sligo were playing that weekend, the GAA should give 2k free tickets to all the national schools in Sligo, just to promote football withing the county for the next generation, as they generally only play there every 5-7 years. Now I don't even think that would work.

Not sure how many Tyrone people will travel, as they most likely will be doing the same the week after. ditto for galway and Donegal. Scheduling "committee " and I am being kind with that description, should be named and shamed for this allowing such a scenario to occur.

They have taken away the potential for an incredible weekend of Football with four Q/Finals in 24 hours, where they had the potential to market the living shite out of it, have the stadium filled to the gills with a bit of creativity, and look at what they did.

If you are an independent Thinking GAA executive (if there is such a thing) and you are in a potential ghost town Croke park a week from Saturday, wtf are you really thinking.

Just scratching the surface with this but you get my drift.   

GalwayBayBoy

I don't really get the logic of sending two western seaboard teams to play a qualifier in Croke Park. Especially when there are at least two perfectly suitable grounds right in between the two counties.

Maroon Manc

I'm happy the games in Croker, will suit Galway better.

From the Bunker

The GAA always sells itself as being of the people. For the local community. But you have to wonder at dragging Donegal an Galway people up to Croker when McHale Park is available. There would be an atmosphere and many would make a weekend of it. Both counties have big ties with Mayo. But it looks like the Corporate boxes need to be accommodated.

ck

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 20, 2015, 02:15:43 PM
I'm happy the games in Croker, will suit Galway better.

Really? How so? Donegal have played in Croke park regularly over the past few years!

From a Sligo point of view I'm delighted to get a Croke Park game. Yeah there are more neutral venues but the double header is attractive and will attract more neutral supporters. I'll be there with bells on, Tyrone hot hot favs. Way to have it.