Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_geezer

Hi guy, I run the IPTV though my Samsung tv, is there a vpn that I can install onto the tv from the Samsung app store or nething?

Jim Bob

Quote from: The_geezer on August 12, 2019, 01:03:57 PM
Hi guy, I run the IPTV though my Samsung tv, is there a vpn that I can install onto the tv from the Samsung app store or nething?

Was the football blocked yesterday on your tv?

The_geezer

It was on and off quite a bit, would go blank for 5-10 mins at a time

screenexile

Quote from: general on August 12, 2019, 11:11:59 AM
Everyone enjoy the footie yesterday chaps? Sat back and watched in Ultra HD  ;D Not sure if the internet providers had any blocks in force yesterday - i ensured the VPN was switched on so no disturbance through the day

What provider gives Ultra HD??

I'm using Helix and while their consistency is very good they struggle for HD on a lot of channels which is a bit annoying.

Boycey

Quote from: The_geezer on August 12, 2019, 01:03:57 PM

What you need is a dns proxy rather than a VPN, works a treat on smart TV.

Try smartdnsproxy.com

DrinkingHarp

I use the Firestick here in the states and was able to watch the Semi-finals both Sat/Sun no problem.
If you need to learn how to use the Firestick to watch live TV or movies I would recommend this guy on youtube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTAvAuvDlyA 

Never bought his VPN or any for that matter and no problems, not paid by him or anyone. It is an alternative to IPTV but there is IPTV in his "store".

The best app/add-ons would be RedTV, Modbro, CatMouse, TeaTV, TVZion - just look around and no monthly fee.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The_geezer

cheers Boycey, will try that at the weekend. I take it that if I use that site then my Netflix will automatically witch to whatever country I decide to switch the server to?

gallsman

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 12, 2019, 08:22:26 PM
I use the Firestick here in the states and was able to watch the Semi-finals both Sat/Sun no problem.
If you need to learn how to use the Firestick to watch live TV or movies I would recommend this guy on youtube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTAvAuvDlyA 

Never bought his VPN or any for that matter and no problems, not paid by him or anyone. It is an alternative to IPTV but there is IPTV in his "store".

The best app/add-ons would be RedTV, Modbro, CatMouse, TeaTV, TVZion - just look around and no monthly fee.

The VPN is important in the UK because there is a legal order in place compelling the ISPs to block access to servers showing pirated content

Boycey

The legal order now extends to Ireland as of a month or so ago, I use two different providers neither of who had any issues over the weekend though. 

general

Its not an issue until they put a block on - can be any minute of any game you are sitting down to watch. pain in the hole lol!

has happened me before i got a VPN organised

Main Street

I don't need one at present but is the VPN the sure way to circumnavigate ISPs' blocking tactics?

general

Quote from: Main Street on August 13, 2019, 03:32:36 PM
I don't need one at present but is the VPN the sure way to circumnavigate ISPs' blocking tactics?

The whole point of a VPN is to hide your IP Address - The Premier League , TV and Internet providers have this high court injunction that means they are able (in laymans terms) switch off the provision of internet within a given address should it be used for IPTV or streaming of the games. It has now been taken into enforcement in ROI as well as UK. Toward the end of last season they did this quite a bit and there was interruption to IPTV.

With the VPN they cant track your internet hence cant interrupt your footie you are watching via iptv

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on August 13, 2019, 03:32:36 PM

I don't think it alone will sort it if your provider has not taken precautions on their side

Dougal Maguire

I'm using a Firestick with WiFi. It's generally pretty good but there was a slight bit of buffering at the end of the Utd match. If I want to use Ethernet with an amazon adapter I'll be taking the Ethernet from the router via my electric cable. Would that still be better than WiFi. I'm using Nord vpn by the way
Careful now

gallsman

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 31, 2019, 02:32:55 PM
I'm using a Firestick with WiFi. It's generally pretty good but there was a slight bit of buffering at the end of the Utd match. If I want to use Ethernet with an amazon adapter I'll be taking the Ethernet from the router via my electric cable. Would that still be better than WiFi. I'm using Nord vpn by the way

Run a speedtest on the firestick. WiFi probably not the cause of buffering.

If you don't know how or can't find an app, check what streaming is like using Netflix, prime video etc.