Smart watch/Fitness tracker

Started by Dougal Maguire, October 21, 2017, 11:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on March 01, 2018, 09:28:26 AM
Another try for this lads..

A GPS watch with a separate stop watch function? Anyone know of any?

Have a look at the amazfit pace.  I'm not 100% sure it has the stopwatch function but i think it does (i dont own it).

Karl Kennedy

Quote from: lurganblue on March 01, 2018, 09:55:55 AM
Quote from: Karl Kennedy on March 01, 2018, 09:28:26 AM
Another try for this lads..

A GPS watch with a separate stop watch function? Anyone know of any?

Have a look at the amazfit pace.  I'm not 100% sure it has the stopwatch function but i think it does (i dont own it).

Thanks, will have a look!

Rufus T Firefly

Bumping this thread after a few years.

Thinking of getting myself a new smartwatch, for doing a bit of walking. Given my price range, the two I have narrowed it down to are the Garmin Vivoactive 4 (£199) and the Samsung Galaxy 5 watch (£239).

The Samsung appears to have the much better spec but I've read reviews where people are complaining about the accuracy of the info it gives, e.g. steps, heart monitor etc.

Anyone with first hand experience?

lurganblue

Not completely helpful here but i have the Samsung Galaxy Active 2.  So certainly not the 5, but i find the steps are completely different than fitbit for example.  Now, i dont know which is accurate, but there is a large disparity with Samsung on the lower side.  I dont mind though, as you know yourself if youve had a good day or not with your own average step count.

Never had a problem with GPS accuracy.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: lurganblue on May 22, 2023, 04:44:38 PM
No completely helpful here but i have the Samsung Galaxy Active 2.  So certainly not the 5, but i find the steps are completely different that fitbit for example.  Now, i dont know which is accurate, but there is a large disparity with Samsung on the lower side.  I dont mind though, as you know yourself if youve had a good day or not with your own average step count.

Never had a problem with GPS accuracy.

Thanks for that.   :)

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on May 22, 2023, 03:58:05 PM
Bumping this thread after a few years.

Thinking of getting myself a new smartwatch, for doing a bit of walking. Given my price range, the two I have narrowed it down to are the Garmin Vivoactive 4 (£199) and the Samsung Galaxy 5 watch (£239).

The Samsung appears to have the much better spec but I've read reviews where people are complaining about the accuracy of the info it gives, e.g. steps, heart monitor etc.

Anyone with first hand experience?

Had the vivioactive 4. Good watch. Heart and steps all spot on as you'd expect for a garmin. Doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles for running like you get in a forerunner. But covers all the main things. Also got contactless etc as well which is handy. Charge is grand if you're not using gps for running. I found it needed charging every couple of days if doing runs. But decent watch.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 22, 2023, 08:25:00 PM
Had the vivioactive 4. Good watch. Heart and steps all spot on as you'd expect for a garmin. Doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles for running like you get in a forerunner. But covers all the main things. Also got contactless etc as well which is handy. Charge is grand if you're not using gps for running. I found it needed charging every couple of days if doing runs. But decent watch.

Thanks very much. Very useful.