Mayo to end Dublin unbeaten run

Started by mayoaremagic, March 04, 2017, 12:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 04, 2017, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 04, 2017, 07:53:52 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 04, 2017, 03:58:40 PM
O Byrne cup is pre season lads. It's a competitive league and championship unbeaten run.

If Dublin play as selected I would expect Mayo only missing the O Sheas to win comfortably.

Oh, really?

Dublin's second 15 might well be the second best team in Ireland.

The only thing that should concern you tonight is that same Mayo side gave Roscommon a trimming last Saturday and the majority of their scores came from play.
It would have to give great cause for concern. Not one Mayo forward scored from play tonight whereas they cut get through our feeble defending like a dose of the salts. McStay and Nchale should be forced to watch both matches 24 hrs a day for the next two months in hopes they might learn something.

moysider

Quote from: weareros on March 04, 2017, 10:31:59 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 04, 2017, 10:07:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 04, 2017, 07:53:52 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 04, 2017, 03:58:40 PM
O Byrne cup is pre season lads. It's a competitive league and championship unbeaten run.

If Dublin play as selected I would expect Mayo only missing the O Sheas to win comfortably.

Oh, really?

Dublin's second 15 might well be the second best team in Ireland.

The only thing that should concern you tonight is that same Mayo side gave Roscommon a trimming last Saturday and the majority of their scores came from play.
It would have to give great cause for concern. Not one Mayo forward scored from play tonight whereas they cut get through our feeble defending like a dose of the salts. McStay and Nchale should be forced to watch both matches 24 hrs a day for the next two months in hopes they might learn something.

Last week Mayo bossed possession with a midfield that consisted of a fifth choice (taken off at ht tonight) and a half forward. Roscommon had as many defenders back as Dublin did but they don't have players like McMahon or Fitzsimmons. I've no doubt that my neighbours have their limitations but no point comparing to Dublin. I reckon Jim Gavin wouldn't look so smug if he had the job of Roscommon - or Mayo either, a lot of the time.

manfromdelmonte

Gavin would have the best players in Roscommon or Mayo on the squad and team

anyway, Dublin are very good.