Aaron Kernan Retires From County Duty

Started by stpauls, October 07, 2014, 05:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Throw ball

As good a footballing half back you are likely to see. Big, big miss for Armagh. Good luck to him.

Agent Orange

Big loss indeed, has plenty left to give but if his head or heart isn't in it then maybe it's the right decision.

Conallach

A very fine footballer, who'll be missed by his county, though I'm sure he'll get another chance to grace the national stage at some point with his club.

rodney trotter

Bit surprising with the resurgence by Armagh in the championship this year. Vey good player.

Louth Exile

Great player and a great man. Sorry to see it, but as mentioned plenty still to give in the Cross jersey
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

LCohen

probably not the last of the retirements. That U21 team have put a lot into their playing careers and are now starting families. The McGeeney regime will put a lot of demands on playes and it won't be easy to marry that with family demands. What price Finn Moriarty or Brian Mallon slogging their guts out for another year for a few mins of gamee time here and there?

Anyway a player with Aaron's swagger might get a lot more joy playing in John McEnteer's Crossmaglen side rather than the straight jacket of county football

rrhf

5 Sams

Fine fine player...thought he would have given it another year. First thing I thought was is Geezer asking too much???
The Aristocrat Years

ONeill

Ran like a peacock but the most consistent performer over the last 10 years for the appleonians.

Always seemed to do the right thing when under pressure. A fine player.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

StGallsGAA

Undoubtedly his county career was a let-down given his club success!

J70

Surprised at this. I would have thought Armagh have eyes on a serious go at an Ulster title next year.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 07, 2014, 10:16:45 PM
Undoubtedly his county career was a let-down given his club success!

I really shouldn't but

Armagh
4 Ulster Senior Football Championships (2004, 2005, 2006, 2008)
1 National Football League Division 1 (2005)
1 National Football League Division 2 (2010)
1 Ulster Under-21 Football Championship (2004)
1 All-Ireland Under-21 Football Championship (2004)

Not a bad return on a let down of a county career. Coupled with 21 club medals across county, provincial and AI (and hopefully more to come ) it's not and tally. 

Big blow to Armagh great news for us!!!