Down v Armagh (Park Esler 16:00) 19/05/2019

Started by illdecide, May 06, 2019, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: David McKeown on May 20, 2019, 07:16:00 PM
I'd ordinarily agree and maybe a lot was down to the referee but I think Morgan only conceded one free yesterday and seemed a lot more disciplined o hope it's a sign of things to come as I think he's an excellent defender.
The free he gave away for Down's penultimate point in normal time was criminal at a critical stage of the match and it's typical of the frees he gives away.  The Down player was heading straight for the sideline.....just stand him up!!!  That said, the referee missed a mark from Jarlath Og Burns in the run up to that.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

David McKeown

Quote from: banker on May 21, 2019, 08:27:00 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 20, 2019, 02:30:36 PM
Can't really add anything that hasn't been said. Entertaining but more because of two poor-ish enough teams

Jarly Og and O'Neill the two standouts for Armagh, Harrison and McKernan very good for Down. Debutants on both sides all put in good shifts.

On the incident with McGeeney, McKernan was acting the candyman all through the match slabbering away in players ears and demonstrating the lack of class one can only expect from someone from Burren so I have no qualms with Geezer giving him a gentle reminder to f**k up. Maybe not the best example for young fans watching but I'm sure the players didn't mind

I thought McKernan was awful for Down. He has been on a decline the last few years. Amazed at how little has been said about Down's captain Darren O'Hagan's performance on Sunday. Down's best player on the field. An old school defender that gets stuck in and drives his team forward. Rory Grugan couldn't get on the ball at all on Sunday as O'Hagan stuck to him all day. Probably the best defender in Ulster?

At the game I thought Grugan was very very poor. Having watched it back since my mind has changed somewhat. He got the assist for the first goal and at least four points in normal time. Not bad for a player who couldn't get on the ball.   That said he has had better games and does seem to be lacking in confidence
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gold

Quote from: mackers on May 21, 2019, 10:36:09 AM
I'd ordinarily agree and maybe a lot was down to the referee but I think Morgan only conceded one free yesterday and seemed a lot more disciplined o hope it's a sign of things to come as I think he's an excellent defender.
The free he gave away for Down's penultimate point in normal time was criminal at a critical stage of the match and it's typical of the frees he gives away.  The Down player was heading straight for the sideline.....just stand him up!!!  That said, the referee missed a mark from Jarlath Og Burns in the run up to that.

At least 2 marks he missed!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

dec

Are there any highlights available online?

Other than paying for GAAGO

APM

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Gold on May 21, 2019, 01:43:51 PM

A player needs to actually catch the ball, not drop it a split second after getting it.

Throw ball

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 21, 2019, 05:44:26 PM
Quote from: Gold on May 21, 2019, 01:43:51 PM

A player needs to actually catch the ball, not drop it a split second after getting it.

On the Burns one he caught it and held on to it.

illdecide

Sorry for repeating myself here but didn't get a reply...

Is Armagh game v Cavan a neutral venue (Clones) and has there been a time given for thrown in yet?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Gs Man

It's in Clones aye.

Think it's a 4pm throw-in on Sunday 2nd
Keep 'er lit

tonto1888

illdecide

That's great...thanks men. I'd rather have the 4pm throw in, it allows u to get an activity in that morning...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on May 23, 2019, 10:20:39 AM
That's great...thanks men. I'd rather have the 4pm throw in, it allows u to get an activity in that morning...

Surely it doesn't take that long with Mrs. Illdecide ;) ;D

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 23, 2019, 10:48:11 AM
Quote from: illdecide on May 23, 2019, 10:20:39 AM

Surely it doesn't take that long with Mrs. Illdecide ;) ;D

;D Easy you...i like to take my time.

I was referring to a cycle ride ;)