Cork jersey history

Started by CompulsoryTillager, August 06, 2007, 10:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Good man Denis Hurley..I always thought the Cork goalie one was the nicest jersey of all.I have a signed Cork goalkeeper jersey from 1984
You'll Never Walk Alone.

we are blue... etc

Wow. That is very impressive work, fair play you buddy.

I think maybe you could make the 1988-91 model look a little tighter -- now that was a suck the belly in shirt if there ever was one. Years before Armagh made "tight fit" the vogue in GAA circles.

CompulsoryTillager

Cheers lads, I've also done the Cork City history: www.corkcityfc.ie/images/kits.gif

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: CompulsoryTillager on August 06, 2007, 11:18:17 PM
Cheers lads, I've also done the Cork City history: www.corkcityfc.ie/images/kits.gif

Jesus man if any of the Anti-Soccer posters see that on the Gaa side of the board you will be hung drawn and quartered...Run now for god sake RUN!!!!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

john mcgill

Great piece of work.  Congratulations you have set the bar for all the rest of us counties.

Smiler An Dun

well done on a great piece of work. On seeing some of the jersies though, it makes you wonder about some of the "change" jersies that counties have but are consequently not worn.  Suppose who don't always know whhen you may need a change jersey as you can't predict who you will meet in the latter stages of league and championship.

Last year, around about the AIF time, I visited the Elvery's store at Croke Park.  Within the Mayo section they had four different kersies (green/red; red/green; white; grey).

Down would normally wear the Ulster colours (amber/black) as their change selection whichis normally a decent looking top.  However since reverting back to O'Neills, no change top has been produced.  Early on in the year for the Hurling League game against Cork, the Senior Hurlers ended up having to wear the old Gaelic Gear set.

CompulsoryTillager

I remember that alright, it was terrible, imagine if Munster played some crowd in red this season and wore their old Canterbury aways because adidas hadn't made new ones. And whatever about teams having change jerseys that don't get worn due to no clashes, what's worse is neither side changing when there is one