Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 26, 2017, 07:22:05 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2017, 01:21:07 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 26, 2017, 01:18:19 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2017, 12:53:49 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 26, 2017, 12:46:43 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2017, 12:29:41 AM
It's about controlling the media and blackening players that are a threat to your team.

Did you have any criticism at the time for James Horan's comments in relation to Donegal and Michael Murphy and Joe McQuillan. They certainly intended to blacken the names of those people.

I'd also be interested to see what you felt about Kevin McStay going on a crusade to get Philly McMahon banned against Mayo.

Totally agree! Yeah! The Big guns do this all the time! Don't remember the Philly gig but you can be sure it happened! Luckily you come from a county who never partake in any of that sort of mind games. You are so lucky. Blessed I'd say!

I just find the indignation about this incident a bit funny considering your own county partake in similar methods.

So do you agree with your county partaking in mind games yourself or would you rather them to be squeeky clean?

All teams will blur the lines to get the results. I just find it a bit rich at others trying to play the whiter than white role when they're equally or more guilty of those underhand methods.

We are not white, we left that behind in 2010. We are stink and whether we are popular with anyone outside Mayo means little or nothing. Actually the more people like you hate us the more we are doing things right.

From the Bunker

As well as AIG

O'Neills – official kit partner

Lifestyle Sports – official clothing partner

Ballygowan – official hydration partner

Energise Sport – part of the official hydration partnership

Aer Lingus – official airline partner

Linwoods – official health food provider

Skins – official performance baselayer product

The Gibson Hotel – official sleeping partner

ROS Nutrition – official supplement supplier

Benetti – menswear provider

Gourmet Food Parlour – restaurant provider

Subaru – official car partner

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2017, 11:45:48 PM
It's about controlling the media and blackening players that are a threat to your team.

Did you have any criticism at the time for James Horan's comments in relation to Donegal and Michael Murphy and Joe McQuillan. They certainly intended to blacken the names of those people.

I'd also be interested to see what you felt about Kevin McStay going on a crusade to get Philly McMahon banned against Mayo.

Totally agree! Yeah! The Big guns do this all the time! Don't remember the Philly gig but you can be sure it happened! Luckily you come from a county who never partake in any of that sort of mind games. You are so lucky. Blessed I'd say!

I just find the indignation about this incident a bit funny considering your own county partake in similar methods.

So do you agree with your county partaking in mind games yourself or would you rather them to be squeeky clean?

All teams will blur the lines to get the results. I just find it a bit rich at others trying to play the whiter than white role when they're equally or more guilty of those underhand methods.

We are not white, we left that behind in 2010. We are stink and whether we are popular with anyone outside Mayo means little or nothing. Actually the more people like you hate us the more we are doing things right.

I don't hate you, I would just appreciate that some of your own would not try to portray themselves as whiter than white when they're as dirty/cynical/underhand as everyone else.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 27, 2017, 12:04:47 AM

I don't hate you, I would just appreciate that some of your own would not try to portray themselves as whiter than white when they're as dirty/cynical/underhand as everyone else.

You hate us! You are obsessively trying to show we win by cheating. But that's ok! I'm good with that. We have got under your skin and that is good!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2017, 12:58:42 AM

You hate us! You are obsessively trying to show we win by cheating. But that's ok! I'm good with that. We have got under your skin and that is good!

I'm pointing out the despite the attempts by Mayo lads on here who consistently moan and whine about how they are on the receiving end of dirty tactics, bad refereeing decisions and media targeting that they actually do a fair bit of this themselves.

It's called pointing out a few home truths, if you want to pin my obsession then it is in dealing with double standards and hypocrisy. If there were Kerry fans or Donegal fans on here pining the same stuff on here they'd be in my crosshairs too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 27, 2017, 01:02:44 AM

I'm pointing out the despite the attempts by Mayo lads on here who consistently moan and whine about how they are on the receiving end of dirty tactics, bad refereeing decisions and media targeting that they actually do a fair bit of this themselves.

It's called pointing out a few home truths, if you want to pin my obsession then it is in dealing with double standards and hypocrisy. If there were Kerry fans or Donegal fans on here pining the same stuff on here they'd be in my crosshairs too.

Tyrone got seriously done in the 2003 Ulster final by bad referee decisions. I'm sure there was a litany of complaints from Tyrone fans at the time and rightly so. And Tyrone were no angels. But they had reason to be huffed?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2017, 01:14:03 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 27, 2017, 01:02:44 AM

Tyrone got seriously done in the 2003 Ulster final by bad referee decisions. I'm sure there was a litany of complaints from Tyrone fans at the time and rightly so. And Tyrone were no angels. But they had reason to be huffed?

We got done badly by Maurice Deegan in 2013 and 2015 but just got up and on with it, at the end of the day and particularly in 2015 we had the chances to win the game but didn't take them so introspection takes precedent.

Tyrone are no angels but no worse than any other side despite what the media and pundits may put forward.

Taylor

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2017, 12:03:11 AM
As well as AIG

Hound - how does this compare to the other top counties?

AZOffaly

I like the Aer Lingus one :) I suppose it's handy for when they fly to Farranfore to play Kerry.

seafoid

"Official sleeping partner".is poor English
Benetti seem to clothe everyone who is anyone in the GAA.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

I thought that used to be Louis Copeland.

Taylor

the pundits love dropping their 'official clothing partner' name on Twitter

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 26, 2017, 05:02:25 PM
Dublin have the world class gym in the national GAA centre in Abbotstown for all their teams
Westmeath have a converted shed in the old barracks in Mullingar, with a very basic range of equipment

Dublin have access to UCD, DCU, Trinity pitches as well as other centres around the capital
Westmeath have to beg for pitches - no training pitch, no centre of mediocrity

Dublin have a highest value of sponsorship (sorry partners) for their teams. among them: AIG, O'Neills, Skins, Lifestyle Sports, Ballygowan, Subaru, Jack Jones, Energise Sport, Aer Lingus, Linwoods, Gibson Hotel, ROS Nutrition, Gourmet Food Parlour. Their players get free cars to drive around in from other garages!
Westmeath have Renault, and a few lads in the county board get to drive around in cars

Dublin also get the highest amount of funding for coaching and games development in the country
Westmeath cannot even get money to fund an urban area coach for Mullingar or Athlone!

And that's not even a national sponsorship deal from Renault, it is in fact a deal brokered by the Renault garages in Mullingar and Athlone. The lads aren't given the cars either, they have to pay a reduced rate for the use of them for the year.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2017, 08:27:32 AM
I like the Aer Lingus one :) I suppose it's handy for when they fly to Farranfore to play Kerry.

And the sleep partner, how many times are the Dubs beyond the pale in a given year, two, three times tops.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2017, 12:03:11 AM
As well as AIG

Well done Tomás Quinn. Keep up the good work. Isn't it great to see so much commercial support going into the promotion of Gaelic games? Is that not what we all want?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8