Down v Armagh. June 4th

Started by tonto1888, May 13, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: Targetman on June 04, 2017, 10:00:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 04, 2017, 09:52:08 PM
Kildare recovered from McGeeney. Armagh will too
He hasn't gone away you know!! Nor will he if he's on the dough that's been mentioned!
Guys
Mc geeney is not on anything near the money that is being quoted here.tbh some club managers are on more than he is .
Saying that though it time for a fresh start.
Think we may have a crossmaglen duo next year

LCohen

Quote from: Throw ball on June 04, 2017, 09:22:40 PM
As for changing manager. Would any decent one want the job?

That can't be the basis he hangs on though? Surely?

If the manager has the heart as the player had it won't be

LCohen

Quote from: naka on June 04, 2017, 10:02:37 PM
Quote from: Targetman on June 04, 2017, 10:00:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 04, 2017, 09:52:08 PM
Kildare recovered from McGeeney. Armagh will too
He hasn't gone away you know!! Nor will he if he's on the dough that's been mentioned!
Guys
Mc geeney is not on anything near the money that is being quoted here.tbh some club managers are on more than he is .
Saying that though it time for a fresh start.
Think we may have a crossmaglen duo next year

How much is he on?

armaghniac

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 03, 2017, 10:35:46 PM
If Quinlivan's goal is anything to go by, the Lions could teach you some lessons in tackling a man through on goal in the last minute.

Down seem to have learned this lesson, anyhow.

Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2017, 09:48:13 PM
Christmas, birthday and the day Armagh are bate. In that order.

You better put in the wedding anniversary, or you'll be on the inflatable mattress in the garage.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Surely a man in charge of his own county wouldn't be taking a pile of dough? I mean if he is then that's your problem right there. A internal man should be getting fair coverage of expenses but no way should he be taking money out of the county. Maybe I'm being naive?

brokencrossbar1

It's all about percentages lads...the extra run at training will give you the extra 1,2,3,25% depending on who's doing the running.  ;)

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2017, 10:20:29 PM
Surely a man in charge of his own county wouldn't be taking a pile of dough? I mean if he is then that's your problem right there. A internal man should be getting fair coverage of expenses but no way should he be taking money out of the county. Maybe I'm being naive?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

T Fearon

Bit surreal today.Full house,but little passion from the stands.Far more in evidence in a couple of Saturday night league games between Armagh and Down in Newry six or seven years ago.Even the Down fans cheers at the end today were muted,and more akin to relief in having won a Championship game.

The 2002 squad's hands are all over the Minor and Senior team yet no progress is being made.

Looks like both sets of supporters have accepted the future is bleak.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2017, 11:37:26 PM
Darragh O'Hanlon on beating Div 3 Armagh:

"Today shows we can mix with the best of them."

Uh-huh

I thought the comment "we're not that bad a team like" was more telling.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on June 04, 2017, 11:37:26 PM
Darragh O'Hanlon on beating Div 3 Armagh:

"Today shows we can mix with the best of them."

Uh-huh
I was waiting for a "everybody was writing us off so they whur"

stew

Quote from: armaghniac on June 04, 2017, 10:18:38 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 03, 2017, 10:35:46 PM
If Quinlivan's goal is anything to go by, the Lions could teach you some lessons in tackling a man through on goal in the last minute.

Down seem to have learned this lesson, anyhow.

Quote from: ONeill on June 04, 2017, 09:48:13 PM
Christmas, birthday and the day Armagh are bate. In that order.

You better put in the wedding anniversary, or you'll be on the inflatable mattress in the garage.

Dont mention inflatables to him, he will get ideas.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

PAULD123

There was a lot a talk about Armagh being high scorers. I think today showed that there is a big difference between division three defence and a division two defence (even a bad one).

Some people have said Armagh should have been up by more at halftime because of the missed chances but Down missed chances too. So balance is needed for the 'if only' argument.

Also the statements that Armagh could have picked off points when they were going for late goals lacks validity. They only found that space because Down dropped back to defend the goal, knowing Armagh were going to decline point scoring chances from distance. If Armagh had been aiming for points Down would have stepped out to defend that area instead. You only get given space in areas where you don't want it. If you want to use space you quickly find the opposition decide to close it down pronto.

Having said that, there was very little between the teams and the match could have swung either way. If Armagh fans think their team is bad then that just proves that we aren't great either.

GalwayBayBoy

Any particular reason why the ex-Armagh lads like McConville were pumping up this Armagh side in the media so much during the week? All I read was how they were by far the best team in division 3 despite not actually getting promoted and how great their forwards are. Probably immaterial either way to the result but not exactly what you want to be reading on the build up to a big game either.

moysider

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 05, 2017, 01:57:24 AM
Any particular reason why the ex-Armagh lads like McConville were pumping up this Armagh side in the media so much during the week? All I read was how they were by far the best team in division 3 despite not actually getting promoted and how great their forwards are. Probably immaterial either way to the result but not exactly what you want to be reading on the build up to a big game either.

I couldn't get that either! Bit like Brolly referencing Derry and Enda Muldoom and club all the time, even if it has been 10+ years since they were a player in the bigger picture.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 04, 2017, 09:27:46 PM
A poor down team struggled to beat an even worse Armagh team. I am perplexed by the views on here that Down won by a distance. Armagh missed enough to have won the game. It's a blessing that we are not facing Monaghan. Mickey Harte had to leave the match early as he was pissing himself laughing at both teams attempts to play football.
Neither team had the confidence to try for scores from 30 metres out even though there were a number of occasions that the opportunity arose and they had time and space.
No doubt we will hear about all the gym sessions they have had including the training on Christmas morning shite talk. 30 minutes each session on shooting practice would be better
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you