Down v Armagh. June 4th

Started by tonto1888, May 13, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Targetman

Only 2 Kilcoo men starting so that's not really an issue, Down will be set up very defensively and that's the worry, will we get enough scores to win it's doubtful but anyway heart rules the head Down by the minimum!

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 03, 2017, 04:34:59 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2017, 11:22:45 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2017, 11:10:06 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 03, 2017, 10:35:50 AM
So who will won this clash of the once kingpins, now toilet brushes of Ulster?  I reckon Down might just get this cider monkey off their backs!

Strange statement by someone from Antrim.
I've no idea what link he has to St Galls GAC in county Antrim but going by his posts, I'm pretty sure he is a Tyrone man.

Yes lucky enough to be born into the majestic Red Hand county.  St Galls clubman for 15 years.

So. you're really an Antrim man as you have spent longer in Antrim with club membership than you were in a club in Tyrone.

Smurfy123

Expect to see the other kilcoo player to start in place of boh
Also Turley to start in place of Murphy
Why can't we just name the correct team.

mcklatchee

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 03, 2017, 08:55:43 PM

It's clever psychology. Opponents always take team sheets as literal truth and build their tactical plans around it.

Until recently we were the same. In fact we publish our team 2 or 3 weeks in arrears. We just publish the team that started the previous game, make changes pre throw in and then the team that actually starts is the named for the subsequent game. Gives us a real edge.

Rant over.

Obviously want my own county to win. I'm not a Down hater but if they go super defensive I hope we stuff them. The games to date have been dire. We don't need another game strangled to death
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

Ed Hardy

Is B'OH an injury doubt?

Smurfy123

Dublin never name a bogus team unless late injuries
BOH fit

Targetman

I hope Ryan Johnston does start but not at Barry O'Hagan's expense, he's a scorer something we don't have an abundance of, no one knows for sure what 15 will start , or a bigger problem where to park tomorrow?

armaghniac

Quote from: Targetman on June 03, 2017, 10:19:42 PM
I hope Ryan Johnston does start but not at Barry O'Hagan's expense, he's a scorer something we don't have an abundance of, no one knows for sure what 15 will start , or a bigger problem where to park tomorrow?

The good thing about Newry is that you can park your car in Armagh and not pollute it too much by taking it into Down.
The weather shouldn't amount to more than a few showers for this challenge between the visiting Lions and the local Barbarians.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

OgraAnDun

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2017, 10:34:18 PM

The good thing about Newry is that you can park your car in Armagh and not pollute it too much by taking it into Down.
The weather shouldn't amount to more than a few showers for this challenge between the visiting Lions and the local Barbarians.

If Quinlivan's goal is anything to go by, the Lions could teach you some lessons in tackling a man through on goal in the last minute.

Imposerous

[/quote]

If Quinlivan's goal is anything to go by, the Lions could teach you some lessons in tackling a man through on goal in the last minute.
[/quote]

Lesson learned  ;)

illdecide

Quote from: CornerBackNo2 on June 03, 2017, 12:48:23 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 03, 2017, 12:40:41 AM
Don't forget the old pitch in Davitt Park was 154m long, which was 9m longer than the maximum and caught a lot of teams out over the years. Kicking the ball into the full forward line from midfield didn't always get there, of course the scary people of Lurgan was a big factor too and their wives giving out at the wire...is it any wonder teams couldn't get outta there quick enough.

What are the dimensions of the new pitch at Davitt Park?

145m x 82.5m
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2017, 10:34:18 PM

You should go the whole hog, cross the canal in a boat, jump the fence on the Armagh side of the pitch, so you don't have to enter county Down at all. Don't do it half-arsed, man.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on June 03, 2017, 11:38:37 PM
You should go the whole hog, cross the canal in a boat, jump the fence on the Armagh side of the pitch, so you don't have to enter county Down at all. Don't do it half-arsed, man.

Not a bad idea. I will exit on the Down side after the game though, in celebration.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Down should be stronger psychologically . It's not hard.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

From RTE:

Down are seeking their first championship win over Armagh since 1992. They have lost five times since then.
Down are seeking their first win in the Ulster championship since beating Derry in the quarter-final in 2013. Their last win in the championship was in 2014 when they beat Leitrim in the All-Ireland qualifiers.
Armagh's last win was in the Ulster championship  in 2014 when they beat Cavan in the quarter-final.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU