Down v Armagh. June 4th

Started by tonto1888, May 13, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I do care and will be there.But my outlay has to be recouped

OgraAnDun

Targetman

Let's hope Eamon Burns decides to commit to a more attacking game plan on Sunday, Armagh's defence has conceded quite a few goals but we won't trouble them by playing one man in the full forward line, we need O'hagan and Jerome Johnston up there and support coming from half forwards and/or midfielders, 15 points should win this game!!

ardtole

I am usually optimistic going in to any game, but not so much this week. I saw Down v Meath in a challenge game about 3 weeks ago and it was dreadful.
I keep telling myself not to read too much into such a fixture but it was a shocking performance, not only that, morale looked low.
Because we have no ballwinner in midfield, we were taking short kick outs and it was leading to all sorts of problems, losing posession in our own half with the defence being overrun.
Our forwards were isolated in comparison, being swallowed up by defenders, slow, deliberate handpasses between the two 45s with no forward momentum. It was hard to watch.
Hopefully the championship gets the blood up we get the rub of the green. Unfortunately i dont think we have enough paper to cover up the cracks.

T Fearon

Worry not,it does not matter.No joy even in either team beating their equally poor opponents,you cannot brag on the basis that we are shit but not as shit as you.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2017, 12:19:29 AM
Worry not,it does not matter.No joy even in either team beating their equally poor opponents,you cannot brag on the basis that we are shit but not as shit as you.

Is this not the entire basis of Louth GAA?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2017, 12:19:29 AM

ridiculous. It does matter and there is joy. I really hope you arent going

T Fearon

Orior

Predition:

Down 2-8 Armagh 0-17

Down: 2 black, 2 yellows, 0 red
Armagh: 0 black, 2 yellow, 1 red (Forker)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

I'm expecting an Armagh win, and potentially a hefty margin if they start well.

The reason for this is they haven't been swallowed up in the over-tactical, rigid, robotic football style that Derry, Fermanagh and (I'm expecting) Down have chosen to furrow.

The thing is, I have nothing but respect for what Jimmy did at Donegal. But his game plan was vested in giving a backbone to a squad of players who had the talent to challenge for silverware against the best teams, but lacked the middle.

This isn't the case for those 3 counties. All that rigid tactics for them do is stall the almost inevitable collapse brought on by  tiredness and a lack of confidence to go on a scoring blitz.

Armagh will get unstuck by better teams later in the summer; but that's not a tactical issue - it's simply down to personnel.

But at least their players and fans should come away from the Championship with some happy memories.

Down won't.

Ethan Tremblay

Two teams who have been inconsistent in recent years who would fancy beating one another, I think it won't be an overly tactical affair, hoping for a shootout as Armagh would have more of an attacking threat. 

Although both teams would be doing well to get past Monaghan/Cavan, should be one of the more interesting matches of the Ulster Championship as it is genuinely hard to call. 

It on the TV?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

DownFanatic

Genuinely think that the senior game will be a close call. Down really aren't as bad as some quarters make out.
Both teams have suspect defences and decent inter county standard forward lines.
Midfield is much of a muchness between the two.
The slight edge Down might have is that they have a division two campaign behind them. That just might swing it for them.
I think too we might get a minor win under a our belts which would be a good start to the day.

stew

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 31, 2017, 02:56:01 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 31, 2017, 02:11:57 PM
Just won 2 tickets courtesy of EirGAA! 8)

No doubt you'll be giving them to children in your club as you couldn't care less yourself.

Thats an arrogant statement considering you dont know the man, if you did you would know Tony is a diehard Armagh fan, but hey, keep on letting his detractors influence your opinion newbie, theres a good sheep!

Up Armagh! )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: stew on June 01, 2017, 11:34:09 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 31, 2017, 02:56:01 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 31, 2017, 02:11:57 PM
Just won 2 tickets courtesy of EirGAA! 8)

No doubt you'll be giving them to children in your club as you couldn't care less yourself.

Thats an arrogant statement considering you dont know the man, if you did you would know Tony is a diehard Armagh fan, but hey, keep on letting his detractors influence your opinion newbie, theres a good sheep!

Up Armagh! )

::)

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2017, 08:54:48 AM
I am going.

I really wonder why given your comments thus far

On a different note, theres rumours, posted on the county forum, that there may be an outfielder in goals for Armagh. I really hope that's not true