Down v Armagh. June 4th

Started by tonto1888, May 13, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 30, 2017, 12:56:46 PM
The problem Armagh will have will be securing primary possession round the middle of the field. There is no point having an array of forward without the ball. The team that can convert middle third possession to good ball into the forward lines will win. That may seem pretty obvious but that's the fulcrum of any game and that is where I think Armagh may struggle

You're lucky that it wouldn't be Down's biggest strength then.

illdecide

I agree BCB1 and i think down's midfield is as poor as ours TBH so heads or tails
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Maybe we should create a trophy for this one. Like the Calcutta cup in rugby. Both teams are equally shite and won't progress far in the c'ship.

snoopdog

Quote from: thewobbler on May 29, 2017, 09:28:38 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on May 29, 2017, 09:23:38 PM
Are there any stand tickets available for this game. I want to bring my 6 yr old but he won't stand for the whole of minor and senior games. Unfortunately I'm not a club member anymore as I'm living in the south. Anyone know if supervalue  still sell these tickets?
[/quote,

Unless it's a wet day there'll be no problem sitting down in the terrace for the minor game.

We all used to do it that way!
[/quote
1 more question on  tickets. Do supervalue still sell them.

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on May 30, 2017, 03:37:28 PM
Are there any stand tickets available for this game. I want to bring my 6 yr old but he won't stand for the whole of minor and senior games. Unfortunately I'm not a club member anymore as I'm living in the south. Anyone know if supervalue  still sell these tickets?
[/quote,

Unless it's a wet day there'll be no problem sitting down in the terrace for the minor game.

[/quote
yeah supervalu still do tickets, just terrace tickets for this game afaik. clubs only got a handful of stand tickets each, rest went to season ticket holders, players families, officials, sponsors etc etc.
nil satis nisi optimum

you take er!

Quote from: illdecide on May 30, 2017, 03:09:15 PM
I agree BCB1 and i think down's midfield is as poor as ours TBH so heads or tails
Lads I think some are being a little disrespectful to players here. Midfield, as the current game stands, is not the area it once was i.e. four 6' 2" guys competing for long kick outs. It's more about energy, positional sense and passing ability. Don't know about Down but Armagh whether it be Sheridan O'Neill or Ethan have the required tools for that job. So midfield doesn't worry me.

tonto1888

Quote from: you take er! on May 30, 2017, 06:04:20 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 30, 2017, 03:09:15 PM
Lads I think some are being a little disrespectful to players here. Midfield, as the current game stands, is not the area it once was i.e. four 6' 2" guys competing for long kick outs. It's more about energy, positional sense and passing ability. Don't know about Down but Armagh whether it be Sheridan O'Neill or Ethan have the required tools for that job. So midfield doesn't worry me.

Midfield worries me. A lot

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on May 30, 2017, 03:25:44 PM
Maybe we should create a trophy for this one. Like the Calcutta cup in rugby. Both teams are equally shite and won't progress far in the c'ship.

Armagh and Down have been fighting longer than the Calcutta Cup. It all started with O'Hanlons v Maginness's in 14-15 century. And then O'Neill and O'Hanlon had a go at Bagnal. Actually I'm a bit miffed that there is an O'Hanlon playing for Down.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Targetman

And I hope he has the last laugh on Sunday!!

Smurfy123

Any teamnews coming out of either camp?
By the sound of things both team will have full squads to choose from with the exception of mcardle and mcaleenan who have been out this month

snoopdog

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 30, 2017, 05:54:08 PM
[/quote,

[/quote
yeah supervalu still do tickets, just terrace tickets for this game afaik. clubs only got a handful of stand tickets each, rest went to season ticket holders, players families, officials, sponsors etc etc.
Thanks

5 Sams

Quote from: snoopdog on May 31, 2017, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 30, 2017, 05:54:08 PM
[/quote,

[/quote
Thanks

Just be warned lads that I dont think Supervalue do pensioner/Juvenile/Student tickets. You'll need to order those from a club or buy them directly from the County Board. They will be on sale in Castlewellan and Newry all week. Times below:

Wednesday 31st May 10.00am to 4.00pm County Office Castlewellan

7.30pm to 9.00pm County Office Pairc Esler

Thursday 1st June 9.30am to 11.30am County Office Pairc Esler

12.00pm to 4.00pm County Office Castlewellan

7.30pm to 9.00pm County Office Castlewellan

Friday 2nd June 9.30am to 11.30am County Office Pairc Esler

12.00pm to 4.00pm County Office Castlewellan

Saturday 3rd June 10.00am to 12.00pm County Office Pairc Esler

2.00pm to 4.00pm County Office Castlewellan
The Aristocrat Years

Mourne Rover

The latest forecast is for scattered and occasionally heavy showers on Sunday. Should we bother turning up at all ?

T Fearon

Just won 2 tickets courtesy of EirGAA! 8)

OgraAnDun

Quote from: T Fearon on May 31, 2017, 02:11:57 PM
Just won 2 tickets courtesy of EirGAA! 8)

No doubt you'll be giving them to children in your club as you couldn't care less yourself.