Down v Armagh. June 4th

Started by tonto1888, May 13, 2017, 09:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Lads we may give up. Not content with being the only true celtic fan in the board, Tony is also the only true Armagh fan. Are you even going to the game Tony?

LCohen

If we don't overcommit men forward and stop Down running through the middle then we will win this

SHEEDY

hopefully see more of this type of action of sunday

https://youtu.be/SMrp6E7v98o
nil satis nisi optimum

BennyCake

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 29, 2017, 07:00:33 PM
Lads we may give up. Not content with being the only true celtic fan in the board, Tony is also the only true Armagh fan. Are you even going to the game Tony?

How do you work that out?

snoopdog

Are there any stand tickets available for this game. I want to bring my 6 yr old but he won't stand for the whole of minor and senior games. Unfortunately I'm not a club member anymore as I'm living in the south. Anyone know if supervalue  still sell these tickets?

thewobbler

Quote from: snoopdog on May 29, 2017, 09:23:38 PM
Are there any stand tickets available for this game. I want to bring my 6 yr old but he won't stand for the whole of minor and senior games. Unfortunately I'm not a club member anymore as I'm living in the south. Anyone know if supervalue  still sell these tickets?

Unless it's a wet day there'll be no problem sitting down in the terrace for the minor game.

We all used to do it that way!

Orior

Quote from: snoopdog on May 29, 2017, 09:23:38 PM

Try GAA.ie
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Seriously I'd struggle to name 5 current Down players.I'll be there,there will be a big crowd,but it's a shame that neither team has much to look forward to this summer.

seafoid

On Paddy Power Armagh are slight favourites for the match while they are 150/1 versus 200/1 for Down for the championship.
I don't know why they would be favourites because they couldn't get out of Division 3 despite being in pole position on the last day. And the manager ...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2017, 11:38:33 PM
Seriously I'd struggle to name 5 current Down players.I'll be there,there will be a big crowd,but it's a shame that neither team has much to look forward to this summer.

Sure youd be hard pressed to name 5 players from your own club, let alone a county team.
The Uber supporter.

Armagh with a 1-3pt win at least. Its like buying money.

Smurfy123

Brick why is it like buying money?On the basis of what?
Armagh just about beat Longford Antrim who both got hammered in the championship drew with sligo and lost to Tipp Laois in division 3
They beat Louth who just about beat Wicklow who finished bottom of division 4
They also beat Offaly without 6 of there best players who are now back
Down to win this by 3-4 buying money
McGeeney won't last the qualifiers

Brick Tamlin

Armagh have better players than Down and they also have a manager with whom the players identify and weigh in behind.
You might not believe their management team is competent or any use but you can bet your bottom dollar that the Armagh players think higher of him than the Down players do of their management team.
Down are basically relying on Darren O'Hagan, Johnston x 2 & Mooney? When you look at the potential matchups I struggle to see where Down will make hay.
League form will count for nothing in this game.

yellowcard

Both managers under huge pressure to get s result in this match. The loser will probably be gone at the end of the season barring a miracle run through the qualifiers.

This game is too hard to call. Down have plied their trade in division 2 all winter and seem to have arrested their decline a little bit this season. Armagh were strongly tipped to get promoted from division 3 but failed to get promoted after a last day defeat to Tipperary. Neither team have got very many top class players at the moment and the closeness of the contest together with the fact that it is a local derby should make it absorbing if nothing else. Wouldn't like to call the result but wouldn't be surprised if it took a replay to sort this out.