West Ham handed record £5.5m fine

Started by An Fear Rua, April 27, 2007, 01:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

West Ham have been fined £5.5m after being found guilty over charges relating to the transfers of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano.
But the Hammers have avoided a points deduction which could have ended their hopes of staying in the Premeirship.

they would have been better off taking the points deduction and savng the money, they are going down anyway

Its Grim up North

bingobus

Probably the biggest gamble we'll see all season. They must be taking the chance that'll stay up which is a possibility if they can manage 2 wins before going to Old Trafford for last game.

The 5.5m will be money well spent if they can stay up with the increased SKY money coming on board next season. If they do go down maybe they'll appeal for the points deduction  ;)

Mayo4Sam

Wouldnt be the first time they beat Manyoo on the last day of the season
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: An Fear Rua on April 27, 2007, 01:42:39 PM

...for signing the ugliest player in the premiership!  :P

All seriousness...it seems harsh, when nothing has been proven! - It's sadi that documents wen missing though!  :-\

QuoteWouldnt be the first time they beat Manyoo on the last day of the season

Remind us when that happened?

bingobus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 27, 2007, 02:07:03 PM
Wouldnt be the first time they beat Manyoo on the last day of the season

Was it not a draw? Andy cole levelled and then him, McClair and others missed a hatful. Liverpool beat Blackburn but United needed the win. I suppose it was a moral victory!

Mayo4Sam

Moral victory is right, nobody cheering redknaps goal, what a day!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 27, 2007, 02:19:57 PM

One of the most bizarre moments in soccer that!
Ask me holy bollix

bingobus

I think everyone did cheer it,  a draw to Blackburn was the same as a defeat. Didn't the United game finish moments later and the Blackburn supporters started cheering as well and then the Liverpool supporters really did cheer!!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 27, 2007, 02:21:38 PM

One of the most bizarre moments in soccer that!

Utd and West Ham have history at the business end of the season, Utd won the league there in the 60s by thumping them at Upton park, 92 in the run in, a struggling west ham beat utd 1-0 with a deflected goal to help leeds, Jimmy White hit a 147 the same night, and of course the above.

Id love to relegate them on the last day.

As for bizzare moments, try the whole of the stretford end cheering and applauding when Malcom Christie(I think) scored for Derby ina 1-0 win, the result relegated city, and utd had already won the league.
Its Grim up North

magpie seanie

Quotea struggling west ham beat utd 1-0 with a deflected goal to help leeds

They were already relegated. I'll never forget the goal. Ball flew towards Brown (I think) and basically hit him on the foot and it flew past Schmeichel into the corner.

So West Ham are fined 5.5M but 'pool sing one of the players from them and get the rules changed to allow him to play! Meanwhile Cork City cannot get two lads in the same situation allowed to play. And people reckon the GAA is the only organisation with dodgy rules!

Norf Tyrone

Glad to see the Spammers not deducted points. Might be in vain but it should mean they have plently to play for on the last day of the season...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mayo4Sam

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 27, 2007, 03:04:34 PM
Quotea struggling west ham beat utd 1-0 with a deflected goal to help leeds

They were already relegated. I'll never forget the goal. Ball flew towards Brown (I think) and basically hit him on the foot and it flew past Schmeichel into the corner.

So West Ham are fined 5.5M but 'pool sing one of the players from them and get the rules changed to allow him to play! Meanwhile Cork City cannot get two lads in the same situation allowed to play. And people reckon the GAA is the only organisation with dodgy rules!

Jaysus...you'll not let that slide!! By the way we "signed" one of their players but as of yet he hasn't got a song but once he has we will "sing" it.

Craigyhill Terror

The first thing West Ham should do now is launch a legal action against the former owners to recoup some of that money. It wasn't the current board and owners who broke the rules.

And Kenny Brown's goal wasn't a deflection, he shinned it in from 20 yards out.

And it might be hopeful, but getting a result to stay up, while at the same time denying those ballbags the title  on the last day would be perfect.