Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Has it happened anywhere else same club with two Senior Teams in the same championship.

the sash

Back in 1956 portarlington were forced to enter two teams in the senior championship after winning the intermediate title the year before.  Seemingly it created alot of unrest, especially in the selection process

Heshs Umpire

Portlaoise had two senior teams as recently as the late 70's or early 80's. I remember seeing them playing each other. It was actually a fairly tough hard hitting game.
St Brigids in Dublin also had two senior teams around 10 or 12 years ago.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

The Monument Road

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on September 25, 2017, 10:58:21 PM
Portlaoise had two senior teams as recently as the late 70's or early 80's. I remember seeing them playing each other. It was actually a fairly tough hard hitting game.
St Brigids in Dublin also had two senior teams around 10 or 12 years ago.
I think the year was 1983 Hesh. And i may be corrected on this but i think Pat Rowe played with their second team. He didnt get on too well with members of the great Portlaoise team of that era. He transferred to the Heath shortly after i think. Someone from Portlaoise may update us on that

Butch Cassidy

Have Portlaoise been holding back any of their seniors so they can play intermediate? Rogers surely. Interesting to see their team for Sunday. Was Zach regraded? :)

town1980

My club to beat graigcullen and ballylinan to beat port

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: town1980 on September 27, 2017, 10:44:33 PM

How would you feel about Clancy if he somehow manages to pull off a victory for Graiguecullen and beat YOUR club. ????
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

cant see it happening been honest like everyone on here most lads will predict a town win,,,if they pull it off i will be shocked

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on September 28, 2017, 01:27:01 AM
Quote from: town1980 on September 27, 2017, 10:44:33 PM

How would you feel about Clancy if he somehow manages to pull off a victory for Graiguecullen and beat YOUR club. ????
He'll probably launch another despicable attack on Malachy.

Laoisguy

Looking forward to the semi finals
Portlaoise Ballylinan to reach final after competitive games I hope

Thought Trevor Collins did well against St Joes maybe Forbes could cause some problems

Unlaoised

I'm going for Graigue to get a draw but loose the replay....Ballylinan to beat Port by 4
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Congrats to Ballylynan on getting to the county final for the first time in 30 years. They play the same opposition as they did then in what was a tough day for the village. This time round they should give a much better account of themselves. They've been playing well this year and deserve their place. Best of luck to them in the final!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

Well done Ballylinan, entertaining game today.

High Fielder

I thought it was awful. It frightens me to think that this was a Laois SFC semi final. The tactics were like something out of an U12 game and the defending was beyond bad. Portlaoise played beautifully in the first half and the rest of it was a write off.

Heshs Umpire

I think Ballylinan will have to tighten up big time at the back or Portlaoise could destroy them.
Ballylinan's young forwards looked good and should give it a good go.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore