Laois SFC 2017

Started by The Monument Road, February 22, 2017, 08:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

I suppose the interesting thing I see is how many clubs in the semi-finals with so little county players.  For those that say we lack talent maybe we are looking in the wrong places or not motivating the right men.

Am I right in saying 1 starter from
Ballylinan
Graigue
Port

that's with Gary not being definite and Timmons being out all year.

SCFC

Quote from: Toomanygaels on September 17, 2017, 02:28:04 AM
Quote from: redsetanta on September 16, 2017, 08:05:08 PM
Mountmellick relegated though.

GOt t ohand it to Kilcruise though they kept at it and got the break. Tough one for MM but they have something to aim for next year. Some decent players there!

To be honest I am happy to see Arles beat Mountmellick. Mountmellick first option to improve is to become a gaels team and to bring players in from others club. Arles try there best to improve there own players. Mountmellick are Laois football in a nut shell. Instead of working to improve what you have they take the easy option of joining up with someone else.
100% agree.
Mountmellick must be the third biggest town in Laois and shouldn't need lads from Castletown to play senior.
Will they be allowed use them next year in intermediate either? I don't think so anyway.
Portlaoise could do them a favour and beat Emo in the intermediate final I suppose.

Heshs Umpire

Delighted for Port and Noel Coss in particular who took on a managerial job that not many wanted.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Faugheen

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 17, 2017, 08:37:30 AM
I suppose the interesting thing I see is how many clubs in the semi-finals with so little county players.  For those that say we lack talent maybe we are looking in the wrong places or not motivating the right men.

Ballylinan
Graigue
Port

Graiguecullen had 3 players on the county panel this year. The 3 of them played against Wicklow in the qualifiers. Trevor Collins, Mark Timmons and Ambrose Doran.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on September 17, 2017, 08:52:55 AM
Delighted for Port and Noel Coss in particular who took on a managerial job that not many wanted.
I thought Des Cooney was Port's 's manager.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: The Monument Road on September 17, 2017, 05:45:22 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on September 17, 2017, 08:52:55 AM
I thought Des Cooney was Port's 's manager.
OK. Thought Noel was still there.
Still glad to see Port winning. Good young team.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

steven seagal

QuoteTo be honest I am happy to see Arles beat Mountmellick. Mountmellick first option to improve is to become a gaels team and to bring players in from others club. Arles try there best to improve there own players. Mountmellick are Laois football in a nut shell. Instead of working to improve what you have they take the easy option of joining up with someone else.

To be fair to Mountmellick, the link with Castletown started with Ger and Brendan Reddin, because their father is from Mountmellick, and the two of them have been kicking football with Mountmellick for years. Ger has since emigrated but Brendan is still kicking with them. James Mullaney played a bit with them this year too, but not to any great degree, I wouldn't say he even started a game for them.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Faugheen on September 17, 2017, 02:01:40 PM

Ballylinan
Graigue
Port

Graiguecullen had 3 players on the county panel this year. The 3 of them played against Wicklow in the qualifiers. Trevor Collins, Mark Timmons and Ambrose Doran.

Oh right and against Clare ?

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 18, 2017, 02:17:46 AM
Quote from: Faugheen on September 17, 2017, 02:01:40 PM

Ballylinan
Graigue
Port

Oh right and against Clare ?
Clutching at straws there ever so slightly. He gave you 3 Graigue players starting the same Cship match for Laois in 2017.

BallyroanAbu

Just asking Don?  We are going to have to unearth new players the old boys  can't play forever.

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 18, 2017, 08:33:31 AM
Just asking Don?  We are going to have to unearth new players the old boys  can't play forever.
No argument with your point, just observing he answered it and then some. Looking forward to our new manager doing a clearout in the coming weeks.

portlaoisekid

Very interesting line ups for the semi finals. Definitely the best 4 teams are left in it.

I was impressed with Portarlington on Saturday, they will take a lot of beating. I think it'll be Portlaoise v Portarlington final.

town1980

i felt killeen had the game until kingston got sent off,,port then took off with there subsitutes really powerful running running killeen ragged,i think ballylinan could nick this one they are very good up front and play with a double sweeper something port cant handle kileen got massive joy pushing up on therre kickouts also,portlaoise i think will beat graigue but it mighnt be all one way traffic i have a feeling it could be a good game but portlaoise are definately on the money this year so far

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on September 18, 2017, 12:00:59 PM
i felt killeen had the game until kingston got sent off,,port then took off with there subsitutes really powerful running running killeen ragged,i think ballylinan could nick this one they are very good up front and play with a double sweeper something port cant handle kileen got massive joy pushing up on therre kickouts also,portlaoise i think will beat graigue but it mighnt be all one way traffic i have a feeling it could be a good game but portlaoise are definately on the money this year so far
Changed your tune on Malachy I see. You disgust me, you despicable creature.

Unlaoised

I think Ballylinan will beat Port...

Graigue will give the town a good game but it won't be enough
LAOIS ABÚ