Donegal v Tyrone, Sunday Aug 5, Ballybofey

Started by Ball Hopper, July 21, 2018, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 23, 2018, 07:55:15 PM
The bookies have both teams at even money.

If both teams were at full strength I'd fancy donegal by 5 or 6 given the home advantage.With mcbrearty and gallagher out donegal have lost 2 of their top players. With that in mind I'd say tyrone will sneak this by 1 or 2. It's some opportunity for both sides so there will be pressure and nerves.

NotedObserver

Does anyone know if the East Terrace tickets at Ballybofey are behind the goals or general terrace?

J70

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 23, 2018, 11:18:27 PM
Does anyone know if the East Terrace tickets at Ballybofey are behind the goals or general terrace?

Side of the pitch, Stranorlar side, opposite covered stand.

Advice I always give for Ballybofey - head towards the river end goals and you should get a good spot in either the stand or east terrace. They always fill up from midfield to the town end first.

WT4E

I would love to see the lineup below but unlikely to happen as Harte won't change tactics too much at this stage - I think we should some balls and drop the sweeper and let Burns do the covering from CHB:

1 Morgan
2 McKernan
3 Hampsey
4 HP McGeary
5 Meyler
6 Burns
7 Harte
8 Mattie D
9 McClure
10 K McGeary
11 Sludden
12 McShane
13 McAliskey
14 Ritchie D
15 Bradley

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on July 24, 2018, 01:16:42 PM
McCann?

I think we play better without McCann - Maybe a good sub to come on cause has good energy but he can't defend - the team played much better when he was unavailable in the league!

Redhand Santa

Colm Cavanagh has had a tough year with injuries but if he can get himself fit he walks into that team. One of the real battlers on the team who gets stuck in. In the gaa we are far too quick to write players off when they still have plenty to offer.

omagh_gael

Still can't believe some lads would drop McCann. Yeah, he may not be the best defender in the world but he is one of our main strike runners that break through defences and pick up scores or make opportunities for others. He's the sort of player tailor made for the Donegal game as they'll have a tight defensive screen around their own 45.

Dire Ear

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 24, 2018, 01:46:33 PM
Still can't believe some lads would drop McCann. Yeah, he may not be the best defender in the world but he is one of our main strike runners that break through defences and pick up scores or make opportunities for others. He's the sort of player tailor made for the Donegal game as they'll have a tight defensive screen around their own 45.
but if he's not the best defender,  should he be down as a defender ??

WT4E

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 24, 2018, 01:33:15 PM
Cavanagh?

I'm in favour of abandoning the midfield sweeper and I think that means that Cavanagh should go - think hes been programmed and can't be unprogrammed - also feel hes lost some of his appetite. Maybe misses Sean or is an awkward position after Sean's comments!

WT4E

I think he costs us more than he gives us due to poor defending - I understand he weighs in with a nice point like in the Dublin game but its no good scoring one we need to stop them too! Compare him to Ricey or Philly Jordan!

PS I hate that term.... Strike runner! lol

An Watcher

Not the time to be abandoning systems and dropping players.  Donegal on their home patch will be difficult enough.

tiempo

Strike runner is a nothing term, at national level he's an average wing back, and I mean distinctly average in both defence and attack. We played far better without him in the last few rounds of the league. But he's a Gaelic football athlete as Mickey would say and that matters more these days. Tyrone crossbar challenge the other year Aidan McCrory introduced himself as a running back. Run Forrest run.

omagh_gael

I used that term in a tongue in cheek kind of way, btw. However, he's an essential part of Harte's gameplan and I'd eat Brian Dooher wearing a hat if Harte drops him.