2015 All Stars

Started by ONeill, August 10, 2015, 11:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 01, 2015, 09:59:53 AM
Paddy Andrews will be unlucky to miss out considering the impact he had in the latter stages

Yeah, was fantastic at the business end of the season, unlucky to be up against McManus, O'Shea and Brogan. Most other years he'd be a cert.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

twohands!!!

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 01, 2015, 10:14:33 AM
Paddy Andrews will be unlucky to miss out considering the impact he had in the latter stages

Yeah, was fantastic at the business end of the season, unlucky to be up against McManus, O'Shea and Brogan. Most other years he'd be a cert.

I think the fact that he has been around for a while now without making a serious impact until the last few games will count against him in the end. I think people will look at his displays at the latter end of the championship as having a couple of those days in a row where he was in white-hot form. If he is to pip anyone to a place it will surely be O'Shea who I'd imagine a lot of players still don't view as a "proper" forward for a full-forward line.

BennyCake

Quote from: Schkite on October 01, 2015, 08:51:32 AM
First couple of things that stand out to me is that O'Connor is nailed on for YPOTY and Tyrone have a wing forward spot in the bag, likely Donnelly.

Not 100% what the selection criteria are, I thought Fenton would be up for YPOTY but he's a certainty in midfield anyway. Good to see Wylie recognised with a nomination but as I say O'Connor has that sewn up.

After the nomination's I'd say the team will be:

Kealy
Enright
O'Carroll
McMahon
Keegan
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey
Fenton
Maher
Donnelly
Kilkenny
Walsh
McManus
O'Shea
Brogan

I hope you had money on that!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 01, 2015, 10:14:33 AM

I would have had him in ahead of AOS
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Schkite

Quote from: BennyCake on November 06, 2015, 07:46:41 PM
Quote from: Schkite on October 01, 2015, 08:51:32 AM
First couple of things that stand out to me is that O'Connor is nailed on for YPOTY and Tyrone have a wing forward spot in the bag, likely Donnelly.

Not 100% what the selection criteria are, I thought Fenton would be up for YPOTY but he's a certainty in midfield anyway. Good to see Wylie recognised with a nomination but as I say O'Connor has that sewn up.

After the nomination's I'd say the team will be:

Kealy
Enright
O'Carroll
McMahon
Keegan
O'Sullivan
McCaffrey
Fenton
Maher
Donnelly
Kilkenny
Walsh
McManus
O'Shea
Brogan

I hope you had money on that!

Ha, I was just about to come on to say the team was fairly predictable and there were no surprises!

If I'd money on it the team would probably be different, that's usually how my betting goes.

Cunny Funt

McCaffrey winning the player of the year the only surprise, i would have him 3rd behind Brogan,McMahon.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 06, 2015, 08:00:03 PM
McCaffrey winning the player of the year the only surprise, i would have him 3rd behind Brogan,McMahon.

Second behind Brogan maybe, McMahon got some ride on the hype train this August-September. I'd have Kilkenny ahead of him this year even on the Dublin team.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2015, 08:06:52 PM

Second behind Brogan maybe, McMahon got some ride on the hype train this August-September. If have Kilkenny ahead of him this year even on the Dublin team.
Its probably best to stick to the 3 nominations.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 06, 2015, 08:15:55 PM

Second behind Brogan maybe, McMahon got some ride on the hype train this August-September. If have Kilkenny ahead of him this year even on the Dublin team.

Why?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2015, 08:24:11 PM

Why?

Because to win or finish 2nd Kilkenny needed to be nominated.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 06, 2015, 08:33:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 06, 2015, 08:24:11 PM

Why?

Because to win or finish 2nd Kilkenny needed to be nominated.

No one here is overally attached to the official selections. I couldn't care less what they are and it doesn't change how I rated Kilkenny's and McMahon's seasons.

omaghjoe

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM