Diego   :'( :'( :'(

The Greatest

laoislad

Quote from: sid waddell on November 25, 2020, 04:22:56 PM

The Greatest
Same date as George Best died.
RIP Maradona.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Captain Obvious

The Greatest

A troubled legend. At his peak the best footballer I have ever seen play. RIP.

Ronnie

Substandard

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 25, 2020, 04:41:58 PM

The Greatest

A troubled legend. At his peak the best footballer I have ever seen play. RIP.

So sad to see this.  A hero from childhood- used to be fascinated with the things he would do with a ball while getting lumps kicked out of himself.

johnnycool

Cunny Funt

Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2020, 04:32:38 PM

The Greatest
Same date as George Best died.
RIP Maradona.
Something else both died the same date.

A different class RIP.

Sean3

A brilliant player forever wrapped up in the memory of 1986. That brilliant goal against England and his tour de force against Belgium in the semi. It was his tournament. The greatest I've seen. His genius, charisma, his troubled personal life and his humble origins endeared him to the Neapolitans in a way that few if any others have managed at any club. RIP Diego

BennyCake

Greatest player ever.

Sad to hear. RIP.

pbat

like so many others in different walks of life a troubled genesis

sid waddell

Quote from: Sean3 on November 25, 2020, 05:22:23 PM
A brilliant player forever wrapped up in the memory of 1986. That brilliant goal against England and his tour de force against Belgium in the semi. It was his tournament. The greatest I've seen. His genius, charisma, his troubled personal life and his humble origins endeared him to the Neapolitans in a way that few if any others have managed at any club. RIP Diego
Literally nobody in the world of sport, maybe even outside sport, has been or ever will be worshipped unconditionally in the way Maradona was and is

He was quite simply a God in Argentina, Naples and in most places in the world that are not England, Brazil or Milan

The earth revolved around him

Hound

I didn't see enough of Diego in club football to have a firm opinion on comparing him to the current greats.

But I've watched almost every match in every World Cup from 1982 to date, and his tournament performances are the best I've ever seen.