AI minor football championship

Started by GalwayBayBoy, July 16, 2017, 06:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Drives me crazy when one of the first comments on a game is always about how bad the ref is .The referee in this game is doing a good job and applying the rules which if the truth be told most fans have not a clue of in the first place

Chimley

Whatever work they're doing down there in Kerry is certainly paying dividends. They've gone from being pushed around like U12s against Dublin a few years ago to total domination.

Blowitupref

Out of nowhere a 2nd Cavan goal. Kerry 1-17 Cavan 2-7 54mins played.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Zulu

Fair dues to Cavan for battling to the end. They've done their county proud against a very good Kerry team.

Blowitupref

FT Kerry 2-22 Cavan 2-10. Kerry back into another minor All Ireland final unbeaten at this grade since August 2013. Croke Park is like a play ground to Clifford.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Kerry a serious side but a big surprise to see a Ulster side concede so much 2-22 (28) in AI semi final.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 20, 2017, 02:56:58 PM
Kerry a serious side but a big surprise to see a Ulster side concede so much 2-22 (28) in AI semi final.

Given they conceded 1-22 in an Ulster final, it's not all that a surprise.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 20, 2017, 02:56:58 PM

Cavan have being playing an open brand of go out and play all year with no tactics what so ever. Only gets you so far.

Itchy

No game plan evident to even try deal with Clifford. Ref was dire in 1st half, when game was over he started to give some frees to cavan. Kerry a serious team and should win this out.

Syferus

Anyone overlooking Dublin at any grade is making a serious error. Kerry's defence was ropey itself today.

Wildweasel74

I think the biggest question is why Clifford is not going for a 4 in a  row minor  All-irelands, surely at 15 /16 when Kerry won the first 2 , he been good enough for it

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 20, 2017, 07:50:59 PM
I think the biggest question is why Clifford is not going for a 4 in a  row minor  All-irelands, surely at 15 /16 when Kerry won the first 2 , he been good enough for it
Some craic if he appeared in Croke Park next Sat afternoon!!

ONeill

He's some operator alright. Kicks like a veteran All Star forward.

Always seems to be knackered.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on August 20, 2017, 08:08:03 PM

Not allowed because of rule change. Certainly good enough.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 20, 2017, 08:44:45 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on August 20, 2017, 08:08:03 PM

Not allowed because of rule change. Certainly good enough.
In all seriousness though, a seasoned senior player like Keegan would probably knock lumps out of him - he has plenty of time on his side to star for Kerry providing if Tadhg doesn't convince him to head down under.