Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Gobshite of an Eoghan McDermott (he's a 2 fm dj for most of you's who wouldn't him) taking exception to the word f**got in that brilliant Christmas tune. I had my 8 year old daughter in the car with me the other evening, listening to his show just after 6pm, had to turn over to another station it was full of foul language. I would not get tired kicking thon yoke.

seafoid

Cryptocurrency

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612507/ethereum-thinks-it-can-change-the-world-its-running-out-of-time-to-prove-it/

To function as a decentralized network that no single entity controls, any cryptocurrency requires a consensus protocol—a process that nodes in its blockchain network use to agree, over and over again, that the information in the blockchain is valid. For Ethereum, Bitcoin, and most other cryptocurrencies, central to the consensus protocol is an algorithm called proof of work.

Proof of work works like a race. Computers designed for cryptocurrency mining devote huge amounts of processing power to repeatedly guessing at a solution to a mathematical puzzle. The first one to solve the puzzle gets to add a new "block" of valid transactions to the chain of previous ones—and receives a cryptocurrency reward. The idea behind proof of work is that would-be attackers are deterred by the massive cost of the mining hardware and electricity they would need to manipulate the ledger.

Bitcoin's creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, did not invent proof of work but did have the inspired idea to use it as a way to make participation in a blockchain network open to the public. Anyone with the right hardware and enough electricity can mine Bitcoin, Ether, and similar cryptocurrencies—no need for permission.

Nakamoto's consensus protocol was revolutionary. But "it's absolutely horrible from every perspective that relates to performance," says Emin Gün Sirer, a computer scientist and cryptocurrency expert at Cornell University. Not only is it painfully slow; it uses way too much electricity."The energy spent is a huge multiple of the actual energy required to build the blockchain," says Sirer. Though Ethereum burns far less than Bitcoin, recent estimates suggest it still consumes about as much electricity as a small country, while Bitcoin uses about as much as a fairly large one. (The amounts fluctuate, but at the time of writing, Ethereum's consumption was on a par with Costa Rica's, and Bitcoin was roughly level with Bangladesh.)

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lurganblue

Was reading on the BBC News NI page there that two tubes threw a glass at May McFettridge in the Opera House. What king of cretin behaves like that ffs

"Panto dame May McFettridge was allegedly attacked as she flew over the audience in a special effects helicopter at Belfast's Grand Opera House on Saturday, the Belfast Telegraph claims.

The newspaper reports that two men, aged 32 and 35, were arrested after glass was thrown at the actor, played by John Linehan, from a private box in the theatre.

They suggest there may now be a total ban on glasses and bottles being used inside the auditorium.
"

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: lurganblue on December 18, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
Was reading on the BBC News NI page there that two tubes threw a glass at May McFettridge in the Opera House. What king of cretin behaves like that ffs

"Panto dame May McFettridge was allegedly attacked as she flew over the audience in a special effects helicopter at Belfast's Grand Opera House on Saturday, the Belfast Telegraph claims.

The newspaper reports that two men, aged 32 and 35, were arrested after glass was thrown at the actor, played by John Linehan, from a private box in the theatre.

They suggest there may now be a total ban on glasses and bottles being used inside the auditorium.
"

Feckin riff raff getting into the private boxes in the GOH nowadays.

MoChara

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 18, 2018, 01:47:47 PM
Cash for ASH (yes stolen healdine from the times but...)

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/353185/cash-for-ash-5k-damages-for-unsightly-mark-on-limerick-boys-forehead.html

Not much surprises me anymore but this has me a bit speechless, did the priest hold the boy down before maliciously dabbing the ash on his forehead. I can't figure out who it was that got sued either.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: MoChara on December 19, 2018, 08:59:54 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 18, 2018, 01:47:47 PM
Cash for ASH (yes stolen healdine from the times but...)

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/353185/cash-for-ash-5k-damages-for-unsightly-mark-on-limerick-boys-forehead.html

Not much surprises me anymore but this has me a bit speechless, did the priest hold the boy down before maliciously dabbing the ash on his forehead. I can't figure out who it was that got sued either.

Even I wouldn't take that case on ;D

Tony Baloney

And in the report the lad's da said he was hoping for more. A good slap is what he needs.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2018, 09:20:21 AM
And in the report the lad's da said he was hoping for more. A good slap is what he needs.

And could he have €200 for christmas?

Judge has the money in trust till the wee lad is 18.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: johnnycool on December 19, 2018, 09:34:16 AM

Requesting money is not unusual but normally for education purposes

RedHand88

Quote from: johnnycool on December 19, 2018, 09:34:16 AM

Ahhhh but there was a sure thing running in the 13.40 at Cheltenham boxing day. Money in the bank.