iphone

Started by new devil, July 21, 2007, 12:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Was thinking of getting one...wondering has any one on here got one or heard anything about them?

The Real Laoislad

I would hauld me horses about buying one of these,Seemingly they already have a second generation one designed..
Its basic enough i think it's not even 3G internet connection
Plus the first will always be just to see what bugs it gets and how people think it can be improved
Basically its a guinea pig and the 2nd generation will be far better
You'll Never Walk Alone.

balladmaker

Looks like some piece of kit, but what do you really want from a phone?  If gadgets are your thing, then go for it. 

I could never understand why someone wishes to have internet access via a 2 inch screen at rip off rates.  As laoislad said, I would hold off until you hear the actual user reviews.

new devil

well i do like my gadgets, was playing around with 1 in apple store last week and thought it was unreal...bit dear right enough, 4g-500dollars, 8g-600dollars, are they available at home? or would they even work in ireland?

The Real Laoislad

Yeah there coming out at christmas....Bit of a gadget freak myself
You'll Never Walk Alone.

oakleaf stateside

a lad i work with got 1 last week it some job. not for a building site but
Dont Do It

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

Would need a solid case for it, laoislad any word of price or which network works with it, over here you can only get one network, at&t

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: new devil on July 21, 2007, 01:57:04 AM
Would need a solid case for it, laoislad any word of price or which network works with it, over here you can only get one network, at&t

Haven't heard who will get the network over here
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Redgreenery

They are unreal, while out in Chicago they were in all the Apple shops, they have either 30 or 80 Gb on them and they have Sat Nav aswell, I got up my home village on it and it even had one of the estates in the village on it, so you can get basically any village on it, the quality on it is unreal also, you can watch movies on it, great picture, but you would need headfones for it though, and the IPOD is programmed in aswell. I used it out there, class!

When it comes out here it'll be a great buy, but very expensive! Think it'll be around €600. One network will get it out here, dont know who but reckon Vodafone.

new devil

cheers TRL, thats made my mind up looks even better that i thought, redgreenery is it not only 4&8 Gb available?

Redgreenery

Quote from: new devil on July 21, 2007, 02:07:21 AM
cheers TRL, thats made my mind up looks even better that i thought, redgreenery is it not only 4&8 Gb available?

I stand corrected it is 8Gb and 4Gb models, mixed up with IPOD! Also seen that yes Vodafone are the company who'll have it over here and they doubt it'll have 3G as they think it doesnt have 3G speed, basically meaning they are worried it wont work on the fast network of 3G.

CiKe

was pretty sure i read that Vodafone wouldn't get it as they are pretty much the only pan-european operator and so to keep as exclusive as possible Apple was auctioning off country by country. I think O2 are to get it in UK, not sure about back home. May be wrong though

SeanSouth

O2 'to get iPhone contract in UK' 

Half a million phones were sold on the first weekend in the US

iPhone in action 
Mobile phone operator O2 is reported to have won the sought-after deal to sell Apple's iPhone in the UK.
Press reports said that O2 is set to sign an exclusive contract shortly and should have the new phones on sale in time for Christmas.

However a spokesman for O2's owner, Spain's Telefonica, said that a deal had not been signed.

More than 500,000 iPhones were sold in the first weekend in the US by AT&T, which has exclusive rights there.

Vodafone, which had previously been tipped as the likely winner of the contract, saw its shares fall 2.4%.

The agreement with O2 is reported to include Apple receiving a continuing share of the revenue generated for the network operator.

The handsets are expected to be sold for about £300 and O2 will be hoping that the lure of the fashionable phone is enough to win customers from rival networks.

CiKe

just looked at that link, it looks amazing, but i reckon the touchpad keystrokes will be a real pain, particularly for folks like me with fat fingers...if i do ever get one, i'd say i'll wait for the next one, but fortunately I am on O2 already just in case