Glorious Irish Weather

Started by his holiness nb, July 20, 2007, 09:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

In all seriousness, what the f**k is going on this year?
Its nearly fecking dark here!
Ask me holy bollix

ludermor

Can you imagine trying to b uild in this weather, we have f**king lost months this year

the Deel Rover

its like the monsoon year down here never mind season unreal >:( >:( >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

I was in India two weeks ago when the real monsoon rains started, and to be honest, this aint much better!
Ask me holy bollix

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

The blody radio alternates between playing Walking on sunshine and Umbrella.

I feel hibernation coming on.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 20, 2007, 09:31:34 AM
I was in India two weeks ago when the real monsoon rains started, and to be honest, this aint much better!

i well believe you , what was india like hh
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

magpie seanie

Was sitting in the car last night watching the senior lads training with the thunder and lightning rattling round them and it absolutely chucking down. It's quite unreal. A long way from us being baked alive and the farmers crying for a drop of rain in April!

his holiness nb

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 20, 2007, 09:34:04 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on July 20, 2007, 09:31:34 AM

i well believe you , what was india like hh

It was nuts Deel, great experience but was kinda relieved leaving.
Hard work, did Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, Delhi was about 45-48 degrees, Monsoons in Agra, then about 48 degrees in Jaipur. Early morning starts every day due to the tours. Knackered leaving but saw some things I'll never forget, the poverty, the wildlife (found a baby snake in my bathroom one night) and the Taj Mahal really has to be seen up close to be believed.
Wound down though with a week in the Maldives doing nothing but eating, drinking cocktails and snorkelling!
Feck, now I'm even more depressed about this weather!!  >:(
Ask me holy bollix

mannix

famous irish pastime,whinging about the weather.england and france have seen lots of rain and darkness too.we are not alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 20, 2007, 09:36:55 AM
Was sitting in the car last night watching the senior lads training with the thunder and lightning rattling round them and it absolutely chucking down. It's quite unreal. A long way from us being baked alive and the farmers crying for a drop of rain in April!

ah sure a drop of rain is no harm it'll keep the dust down, a favourite saying of the auld farmer and if i hear it said ever again i throttle the person that says it ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

his holiness nb

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 20, 2007, 09:45:29 AM
ah sure a drop of rain is no harm it'll keep the dust down, a favourite saying of the auld farmer and if i hear it said ever again i throttle the person that says it ;)

:D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

maddog

Quote from: mannix on July 20, 2007, 09:44:46 AM
famous irish pastime,whinging about the weather.england and france have seen lots of rain and darkness too.we are not alone.

It is pure dung over here in Birmingham, thunder and lightning last night, bucketing this morning. 2 inches of rain in the next 24 hrs forecast. I've to drive up north tonight 175 miles, and the fecking schools break up today meaning every joe soap with a tent or a caravan will be heading off for the weekend. And to think i bought a water butt to save water in the garden a few months ago. ::)

lynchbhoy

does anyone else rem the weather folk predicting that this was going to be a record HOT summer?

Its a record summer, but they couldnt have been as wrong if they tried !

I didnt believe them anyhow, but was hoping for a few nice days !

Autumn will be fine - it usually is

maddog

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 20, 2007, 10:25:51 AM
does anyone else rem the weather folk predicting that this was going to be a record HOT summer?

Its a record summer, but they couldnt have been as wrong if they tried !

I didnt believe them anyhow, but was hoping for a few nice days !

Autumn will be fine - it usually is

How do they make those long range predictions anyway, sure if they can't accurately predict the next 2 days how can they predict the next 3 months. Were bound to get a bit of use out of the bbq in August arent we? ???

lynchbhoy

like a lot of professions in Ireland these days, the weather people are worse than they ever were.

In years past, they would make predictions and get it wrong

these days they are so f**king shite, that they predict a bit of everything
it will be sunny, with rain, still with windy gusts at times, clear skies and occassionally cloudy.
fcuk sake >:(