Dublin to pay to widen Tyrone roads

Started by armaghniac, July 17, 2007, 07:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 18, 2007, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 18, 2007, 09:35:33 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2007, 11:22:50 PM
any chnce they'd improve the N5 between Strokestown and the Mayo border??
Then again.......... :D

Maybe if we start a War over Ballaghadeereen they might give us some money for our roads Rossfan.

I don't know what your on  about fishead in northmayo we have had 3 miles of a dual carrigeway built the last 30 years ,ahh the celtic tiger ;) ;) ;)

Dual Carriage in Mayo, where???????  ???

I think this thread might unify the Culchies and Jackeens who feel we need the money for our roads, damn those Nordies taking our money  ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 18, 2007, 10:10:09 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 18, 2007, 09:40:20 AM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 18, 2007, 09:35:33 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2007, 11:22:50 PM
any chnce they'd improve the N5 between Strokestown and the Mayo border??
Then again.......... :D

Maybe if we start a War over Ballaghadeereen they might give us some money for our roads Rossfan.

I don't know what your on  about fishead in northmayo we have had 3 miles of a dual carrigeway built the last 30 years ,ahh the celtic tiger ;) ;) ;)

Dual Carriage in Mayo, where???????  ???

I think this thread might unify the Culchies and Jackeens who feel we need the money for our roads, damn those Nordies taking our money  ;)
Just testing you fishhead all we got was 3 miles of a new road, imagine that aren't we lucky now i know what were payiing our taxes for, the old saying still prevails to hell or to connaught >:( >:( >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

5 Sams

Quote from: armaghniac on July 18, 2007, 12:03:55 AM
I hope there is a big bilingual sign outside Larne, "this road funded by the National Development Plan".

Of course there will...I'm lookin forward to seeing what the Ulster Scots for National Development Plan is ???
The Aristocrat Years

Spiritof98

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 18, 2007, 10:37:42 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 18, 2007, 12:03:55 AM
I hope there is a big bilingual sign outside Larne, "this road funded by the National Development Plan".

Of course there will...I'm lookin forward to seeing what the Ulster Scots for National Development Plan is ???

National Development plan hi! ;)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Bensars

with a photograph and inscription under it

Never, Never, Never, Never !                   ( unless its money, jobs and contracts for wrights buses in ballymena )

Fishead_Sam

Ive been saying if for years lads, Connacht/Connaught starts to process of leaving the Republic, suddenly the 85 years past of development in the West might start or the 35 years or so of EU money that was meant for us, we might eventually see. At least by tricking Brussels into thinking it was for the West & Border, we got to use it to build some lovely condos in the IFSC, the Gasworks in Dublin & some nice coffee & wine bars in Ranelagh.

Tankie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 17, 2007, 11:23:41 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 17, 2007, 09:39:27 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 17, 2007, 08:36:49 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 17, 2007, 08:12:01 PM
Funny how people forget about their politics when the Euro is offered!

What politics? It's cross-border roads so it's paid for by both governments. Hardly the weirdest idea in history. ::)

Big Ian and the boys werent to keen on talking to the republic until the money started to flow thats all. I've no problem with my taxes funding northern roads as it benifits everyone. I just hope this type of stuff keeps happening as the roads up there are a joke!
You're either taking the piss or you've never left Dublin!

I aint taking the piss, there are f**k all dual carrigeways for a considerable distance or moterways. the Dublin to Derry Road is shite once you cross the boarded and the Road to Belfast is the same but they seem to be doing some up there about that one. In general road in this country are a joke tho, that M50 is enough to piss anyone off for a week.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 11:10:01 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 17, 2007, 11:23:41 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 17, 2007, 09:39:27 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 17, 2007, 08:36:49 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 17, 2007, 08:12:01 PM
Funny how people forget about their politics when the Euro is offered!

What politics? It's cross-border roads so it's paid for by both governments. Hardly the weirdest idea in history. ::)

Big Ian and the boys werent to keen on talking to the republic until the money started to flow thats all. I've no problem with my taxes funding northern roads as it benifits everyone. I just hope this type of stuff keeps happening as the roads up there are a joke!
You're either taking the piss or you've never left Dublin!

In general road in this country are a joke tho, that M50 is enough to piss anyone off for a week.

A week, sounds about as long as it takes to get thru Claregalway on a workday morning

magickingdom

big ian better be careful that all roads dont lead to rome.... :D

Tankie

Quote from: magickingdom on July 18, 2007, 01:12:19 PM
big ian better be careful that all roads dont lead to rome.... :D

i think we need to make sure they don't aswell :o
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 18, 2007, 11:03:00 AM
Ive been saying if for years lads, Connacht/Connaught starts to process of leaving the Republic, suddenly the 85 years past of development in the West might start or the 35 years or so of EU money that was meant for us, we might eventually see. At least by tricking Brussels into thinking it was for the West & Border, we got to use it to build some lovely condos in the IFSC, the Gasworks in Dublin & some nice coffee & wine bars in Ranelagh.
::) ::)
The poor whest, always been ripped of by the big auld dubs  :P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on July 18, 2007, 01:21:02 PM

also maybe the government worked out that nobody wants to live over there, sure even the culchies run out of there once they are 18 and have a degree!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 01:22:23 PM

also maybe the government worked out that nobody wants to live over there, sure even the culchies run out of there once they are 18 and have a degree!

I got my degree & postgrad in the West, had to move to Dublin because thats where the Government insists on focusing development, after 5 years there, I got an opportunity to move West, damn glad I did.

I think if anyone bothered their arse to see where the EU designated all its billions too, it was the West, but if you did an Audit on Ireland Inc. you would find it went to the East. I really think the EU should sue Ireland for circa €50 Billion.

Gnevin

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 18, 2007, 01:27:58 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 18, 2007, 01:22:23 PM

I got my degree & postgrad in the West, had to move to Dublin because thats where the Government insists on focusing development, after 5 years there, I got an opportunity to move West, damn glad I did.

I think if anyone bothered their arse to see where the EU designated all its billions too, it was the West, but if you did an Audit on Ireland Inc. you would find it went to the East. I really think the EU should sue Ireland for circa €50 Billion.
At the end of the day Fishead is most likely came down to a simple cost benefit . Spend 10 million on a road in the east and improve the lifes of up 1.5 million people . Spend 10 million in the west 250,000 would properly be the most you'd improve
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Rossfan

What's "Whest" ???
Anyway 6 or 7 billion on light railways/metros or whatever in Dublin - noproblem seems the dearer the better.
Then when a group presented plans to the Govt about reopening the Western Rail corridor from Sligo to Limerick at a cost of €250 m. the then Minister (Brennan - a herrin choker -shame !!!) nearly laughed in their faces and muttered something about maybe a commuter service into Galway City.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM