Dublin to pay to widen Tyrone roads

Started by armaghniac, July 17, 2007, 07:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Ministers from Northern Ireland and the Republic have agreed to spend £400m on cross-border road projects.

The news of the joint investment came after a meeting of the North-South Ministerial Council in Armagh.

Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness said the road from Omagh to Donegal and the route from Belfast to Larne would become dual carriageways.

And before someone gets on to this, Dublin is one of few counties in the South that actually produces a surplus of tax over expenditure. No doubt the people of Tyrone will be at least as grateful as those in Larne.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tankie

Funny how people forget about their politics when the Euro is offered!
Grand Slam Saturday!

SammyG

Quote from: Tankie on July 17, 2007, 08:12:01 PM

What politics? It's cross-border roads so it's paid for by both governments. Hardly the weirdest idea in history. ::)

Star Spangler

Quotecross-border roads

What's the difference in these and ordinary roads?  ???

Tankie

Quote from: SammyG on July 17, 2007, 08:36:49 PM

What politics? It's cross-border roads so it's paid for by both governments. Hardly the weirdest idea in history. ::)

Big Ian and the boys werent to keen on talking to the republic until the money started to flow thats all. I've no problem with my taxes funding northern roads as it benifits everyone. I just hope this type of stuff keeps happening as the roads up there are a joke!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gnevin

Will you be able to tell who built which parts ? Will certain parts of the road  be full of potholes and 3 lines going into one with no signage?  :P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: Gnevin on July 17, 2007, 10:08:51 PM
Will you be able to tell who built which parts ? Will certain parts of the road  be full of potholes and 3 lines going into one with no signage?  :P

will they still be called the Queens highway? ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Rossfan

any chnce they'd improve the N5 between Strokestown and the Mayo border??
Then again.......... :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tankie on July 17, 2007, 09:39:27 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 17, 2007, 08:36:49 PM

Big Ian and the boys werent to keen on talking to the republic until the money started to flow thats all. I've no problem with my taxes funding northern roads as it benifits everyone. I just hope this type of stuff keeps happening as the roads up there are a joke!
You're either taking the piss or you've never left Dublin!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gabriel_Hurl

never been outside the M50 I'm guessing

armaghniac

I hope there is a big bilingual sign outside Larne, "this road funded by the National Development Plan".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hurler on the Bitch

Guilt over the 1995 All Ireland Final  :o

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2007, 11:22:50 PM

Maybe if we start a War over Ballaghadeereen they might give us some money for our roads Rossfan.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 18, 2007, 09:35:33 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 17, 2007, 11:22:50 PM

Maybe if we start a War over Ballaghadeereen they might give us some money for our roads Rossfan.

I don't know what your on  about fishead in northmayo we have had 3 miles of a dual carrigeway built the last 30 years ,ahh the celtic tiger ;) ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 17, 2007, 11:51:25 PM
never been outside the M50 I'm guessing

Thats understandable, he has probably been stuck on it for about 15 years.  ;)
Ask me holy bollix