Leaving a mobile phone contract

Started by Karl Kennedy, April 14, 2018, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Kennedy

How legal are mobile phone contracts?

I moved to BT mobile in December and as part of the deal I was to receive an £80 gift voucher. Nearly 4 months later and I still haven't received it despite numerous conversations with them about it. They keep fobbing me off saying it has been sent, give up to 45 days etc to receive. Come the 45 days I ring again and get the same thing repeated. I'm sick of them at this stage.

It is a 12 month contract. If I cancel the direct debit is there anything they can do?

brokencrossbar1

Demand £100 credit to be added to your account or you'll report them to the Regulator for breach of contract.

Karl Kennedy

I did say a few weeks ago I would report them to OFCOM but they didn't bite. Is it just a matter of ringing OFCOM or is it a long paper exercise?

Karl Kennedy

Just filled in a complaint on OFCOM website. Was actually very straight forward.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on April 14, 2018, 09:59:10 PM
I did say a few weeks ago I would report them to OFCOM but they didn't bite. Is it just a matter of ringing OFCOM or is it a long paper exercise?

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/contracts

Go for it