Video editing software

Started by Archie Mitchell, April 14, 2009, 07:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Can anyone recommend any good video editing software?

I have backed up stuff from Sky+ to DVD and want to be able to edit the videos to take out the ad breaks, add a menu, add chapters etc.

Haven't had much experience of this type of software so was wondering has anyone done this before and if there is any good (free) software out there.

Thanks.

The Real Laoislad

Ì use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate.
Find it very good and easy to use

EDIT: As for free I downloaded it off piratebay.org
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Archie Mitchell

Can it do them sort of things that i'm looking to do with the video's?

What sort of spec of a machine would you need to run this type of software. Have a Dell laptop, Vista, 100GB hdd and 4gb. That should be enough shoudn't it?

Aerlik

I use Motion Studio which came with the Panasonic DV cam I bought three years ago.  Don't have any issues with it apart from the titles and credits bit which is a bit antiquated.  U-lead is also one I use at times too.

With that spec on your computer, you should be right.  My wee Toshiba runs on a 1Gb RAM and is grand so 4Gb should be no problem
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 14, 2009, 07:56:48 PM
Can it do them sort of things that i'm looking to do with the video's?

What sort of spec of a machine would you need to run this type of software. Have a Dell laptop, Vista, 100GB hdd and 4gb. That should be enough shoudn't it?

Yeah you can do all that stuff with it.
Im not well up on specs of computers but I reckon yours is far more powerfull than my Toshiba laptop so I'd say your fine on that front
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Do you have to register with Piratebay?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Archie Mitchell

No. Though some torrents need you to register with a site to be able to use them once you download them.