"fifty Dead Men Walking"

Started by gerry, September 29, 2008, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 05:34:23 PM
Where'd you pull that definition from - your ass? Grow up you idiot.

No one fought for me. Or my family. I can go back as many generations as necessary on both sides and they didnt need anyone fighting the brits for them. They kept their heads down and made livings for themselves off the land. Their own land. No "ivory towers" or the like. Sorry to dissapoint you.

Franko - asking me if your opinion is OK is a redundant question. You think whatever you want. I happen to think your comments are disgusting.
I wasn't talking about fighting the brits.  You enjoy freedoms today that are only there because others fought for them. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

So who fought for me? And where was I happy for it?

Unless of course you are holding me responsible for the date and time of my birth.

And what the f**k does that have to do with me thinking that the opinions of people looking forward to McGartland "getting what is coming to him" (which I can only assume is his murder) is disgusting?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 05:43:12 PM
So who fought for me? And where was I happy for it?

Unless of course you are holding me responsible for the date and time of my birth.

And what the f**k does that have to do with me thinking that the opinions of people looking forward to McGartland "getting what is coming to him" (which I can only assume is his murder) is disgusting?
Well you live in the US and enjoy it's freedoms no doubt, a nation built and maintained through violence. Have a look at it's history to see who's been fighting for you.

If you had an issue with Franko's comments then address it to him - from my reading of it you called three of us "provo scumbags" which I think is a mighty rich considering some of your opinions on when killing is acceptable so I said so.

Zapatista

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 05:34:23 PM
Where'd you pull that definition from - your ass? Grow up you idiot.

No one fought for me. Or my family. I can go back as many generations as necessary on both sides and they didnt need anyone fighting the brits for them. They kept their heads down and made livings for themselves off the land. Their own land. No "ivory towers" or the like. Sorry to dissapoint you.

Franko - asking me if your opinion is OK is a redundant question. You think whatever you want. I happen to think your comments are disgusting.

Reminds me of the tale where a man says to a farmer I'll buy your land. The farmer says 'no way it's not for sale. My father and his father and his farther before him have farmed this land and my son will farm it too'. The buyer asks, how did your grandfather get it? The farmer proudly answers, 'he fought for it'. The buyer says, 'well then, I'll fight you for it now'.

Puckoon

I live where I live - I dont give much worry to the history of it. I also enjoy the advances in medicine when I am sick, or my family is sick - does that mean I should agree with the nazism which progressed medicine so rapidly during WW2? Stop trying to use the fact that Im alive in 2010 to suggest that I am happy to let others do my fighting for me. A stupid comment you have used more than once. You love jumping in on my opinions on murder - so maybe you need to settle the head now and then before telling me how and to whom to address my posts.

I lived in the north for 22 years, during plenty of the troubles, and I don't ever recall having any issues with my freedom being denied to me, nor my family.

Now that I think about it, the only things I remember are my dad having two cars stolen from the royal victoria car park, one burned out, and one taken for forensic evidence and my uncle having his sangars van hijacked at gun point by the IRA in Derry. It wasnt the brits that did any of that.

ardmhachaabu

You are wasting your time puck
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Selfless of you puck. It's great you didn't suffer. Tell me though, what of all those who did suffer greatly at the hands of british policies in Ireland? Are those people, who were then motivated to fight back also "scumbags"?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Around and around around and around and around around and around and around around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around...

I'm beginning to think there are really only about 4 topics on here which are rehashed every few days.

Minder

Quite possibly, as for some reason Donagh has just posted two maps of the six counties, coloured orange and green. I would imagine to show how us taigs are taking over the north.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 06:12:25 PM
I live where I live - I dont give much worry to the history of it. I also enjoy the advances in medicine when I am sick, or my family is sick - does that mean I should agree with the nazism which progressed medicine so rapidly during WW2? Stop trying to use the fact that Im alive in 2010 to suggest that I am happy to let others do my fighting for me. A stupid comment you have used more than once. You love jumping in on my opinions on murder - so maybe you need to settle the head now and then before telling me how and to whom to address my posts.

I lived in the north for 22 years, during plenty of the troubles, and I don't ever recall having any issues with my freedom being denied to me, nor my family.

Now that I think about it, the only things I remember are my dad having two cars stolen from the royal victoria car park, one burned out, and one taken for forensic evidence and my uncle having his sangars van hijacked at gun point by the IRA in Derry. It wasnt the brits that did any of that.

Well maybe you should come down out of the ivory tower for 5 minutes and have a think about it.

I need to settle the head?  Have a look back at the beginning of the thread and see who was the first person to abuse other posters. I think you'll find it was you.

Puckoon

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 03, 2010, 08:16:51 PM
Selfless of you puck. It's great you didn't suffer. Tell me though, what of all those who did suffer greatly at the hands of british policies in Ireland? Are those people, who were then motivated to fight back also "scumbags"?

Certainly they were, when they dragged half naked men down deserted country lanes, bound their hands and feet and shot them in the head. Scumbags of the highest order - and half of them themselves reporting to the police/army/MI5/special branch. Do you find honour in this?

Certainly they were when they strapped men into bombed veichles and instructed them to drive into army barracks. Scumbags of the highest order. Do you find honour in that?

But its not for me to judge - they and their apologists can wax lyrical about poor us'uns when they momentarily reach the pearly gates.

It is great I didnt suffer - and its no coincidence it came with a family up bringing of keeping your mouth shut and getting on with your own business - just down the road from you.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on March 03, 2010, 09:21:34 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 03, 2010, 08:16:51 PM

Certainly they were, when they dragged half naked men down deserted country lanes, bound their hands and feet and shot them in the head. Scumbags of the highest order - and half of them themselves reporting to the police/army/MI5/special branch. Do you find honour in this?

Certainly they were when they strapped men into bombed veichles and instructed them to drive into army barracks. Scumbags of the highest order. Do you find honour in that?

But its not for me to judge - they and their apologists can wax lyrical about poor us'uns when they momentarily reach the pearly gates.

It is great I didnt suffer - and its no coincidence it came with a family up bringing of keeping your mouth shut and getting on with your own business - just down the road from you.

Like the man you ran to the defence of in this thread?

As for the other point, you have spouted similar nonsense before - I know a family who minded their own business and kept their mouth shut and they lost their child in a loyalist/brit gun and bomb attack on their family business, hundreds and hundreds of people are like them.

Puckoon

The first point you've highlighted is mentioned to shed light upon the hypocrisy of the IRA members - who often shot innocents to protect the fact that they were a mole.

Anyway - you Provo sympathisers can play together now all you want.

Ive decided I take it all back - all of us owe an enormous debt of gratitude to the provisional IRA for the very freedom we enjoy today.

Now, do you have an address I can send the card and flowers to? If you have said address - will you do us a favour and send it on to the McConville family?

Nally Stand

So puck, by your logic, if you kept your head down nothing would happen? What about the literally hundreds of innocent nationalists who kept their heads down and were killed?? What if your family fell into that?? Also are you so stupid to think that the IRA could have carried out such a strong sustained campaign if 50% of it's members were touts? And your examples aren't exactly typical of their attacks but then that doesn't suit you to admit does it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Puckoon

Who mentioned 50% of the IRA being touts?

By the way, did you ever get those statistics for the claim that the old IRA killed many more innocents than the provisional IRA?