The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Brilliant win and performance. Has been a good week  of results with teams around us dropping points also, right back in it now. Only 1 point off second.
That 2nd goal was just brilliant.

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2021, 06:29:41 PM
Brilliant win and performance. Has been a good week  of results with teams around us dropping points also, right back in it now. Only 1 point off second.

All 3 goals were brilliant. Not getting carried away as the squad is still thread bare but that's 2 good wins. A 3rd in a row against Brighton would be a great build up for the City game.

A lot of talk that a lad Ben Davies being signed from Preston. Not sure how good he is but reports suggest he is one of the better CBS in the championship. In the last 6 months of his contract so only costing £2m. Low risk deal for a squad player so maybe he could be the 'Klavan' for the squad, Nat Phillips is defo looking like the Lovern reincarnation!

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 31, 2021, 07:36:38 PM

All 3 goals were brilliant. Not getting carried away as the squad is still thread bare but that's 2 good wins. A 3rd in a row against Brighton would be a great build up for the City game.

A lot of talk that a lad Ben Davies being signed from Preston. Not sure how good he is but reports suggest he is one of the better CBS in the championship. In the last 6 months of his contract so only costing £2m. Low risk deal for a squad player so maybe he could be the 'Klavan' for the squad, Nat Phillips is defo looking like the Lovern reincarnation!
Fee of £2 million agreed according to James Pearce.

reillycavan

I thought Ben Davies signed pre contract with Celtic?

Armamike

Salah's second is a good shout for goal of the season.  The swagger was back after that. 

Phillips is looking very solid.  Way better option at the moment than Williams, who doesn't look physically strong enough yet to play that role.  Don't follow the championship so know didley squat about Ben Davies. Would be a massive step up for him and I'd say he would there more as cover and probably behind Phillips at this point.  Would love to see someone drop right in there.
That's just, like your opinion man.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2021, 08:02:58 PM

Fee of £2 million agreed according to James Pearce.
I think it ended up being 1.6 million with a 20% sell on clause.
Seems good business to plug a gap as a back up CB.
It would have been nice to have seen someone of real quality come in that could fit straight in, but another body certainly helps.
I have no idea how good he is, its a massive step up for him and a dream move PNE fans certainly speak highly of him.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

I think the deal is £500k now, £1.6m on add ons with a 20%sell on fee. The add ons are performances related so will depend on how often he plays.

Boycey

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 01, 2021, 11:26:09 AM
I think the deal is £500k now, £1.6m on add ons with a 20%sell on fee. The add ons are performances related so will depend on how often he plays.

Jaysus Preston will owe yis money soon  :)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on February 01, 2021, 11:33:59 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 01, 2021, 11:26:09 AM

Jaysus Preston will owe yis money soon  :)

Mickey Edwards is one hell of a dealer!!!

Hound

Not sure 1 point off second is too relevant!  We've dropped 7 points more than City, so that's the key metric and it's still a very big gap.  Can't really afford for it to increase.

Great to be scoring goals again, and the second was just sublime!

Like most I don't know anything about Davies.  Says he can play left back too. Good in the air and pacy are the two attributes I'm hoping for!

I didn't hear , but I presume Philips has been added to our CL squad now. At this stage it must be clear to management that he's superior to Rhys Williams.