Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

He basically created a rod for his own back with his views on pay per view and how vocal he was about them.

Eire90

Brolly a legend hes not afraid to speak his voice.

Angelo

Quote from: Eire90 on January 15, 2020, 12:28:32 PM

He's a good man to talk the talk but nowhere near man enough to walk it.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JoG2

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 12:34:00 PM

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

RedHand88

Quote from: weareros on January 15, 2020, 11:36:14 AM
Do think lads are being a bit hard on Brolly. He is entitled to make a living doing what he likes and if we all picked our jobs based on principles, many would be out of work. Besides what EIR will show would likely never be on free to air TV and old men in nursing homes would need to read the morning paper for a report, if they even had a paper... and even then would probably be a few lines dialed in by a reporter not even at the match.
This argument was used to defend the sky deal and it was shot down.

weareros

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 15, 2020, 01:28:11 PM
Do think lads are being a bit hard on Brolly. He is entitled to make a living doing what he likes and if we all picked our jobs based on principles, many would be out of work. Besides what EIR will show would likely never be on free to air TV and old men in nursing homes would need to read the morning paper for a report, if they even had a paper... and even then would probably be a few lines dialed in by a reporter not even at the match.

I know. But Sky is championship. RTE would probably taken some of those big games Brolly complained about. They would have no interest in the league games Eir are showing; TG4 maybe. I didn't agree with Brolly on Sky; I thought their coverage really upped the ante. And I grew up in a time when All-Ireland semi's and finals were the only games ever shown, so thought his whole point was nonsense. But he was fired and is entitled to take up employment elsewhere. I actually prefer media (newspaper, print, digital) where you hear views you vehemently disagree with. Otherwise you are either stuck in an echo-chamber hearing your own views, or listening to very dull and safe commentators.

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 01:13:24 PM

Really Bomber? Aside from the Eir Sports gig, have a wee think about that sentence in bold

Aside from Eir Sports?????

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html

Angelo

Quote from: weareros on January 15, 2020, 01:41:32 PM

I know. But Sky is championship. RTE would probably taken some of those big games Brolly complained about. They would have no interest in the league games Eir are showing; TG4 maybe. I didn't agree with Brolly on Sky; I thought their coverage really upped the ante. And I grew up in a time when All-Ireland semi's and finals were the only games ever shown, so thought his whole point was nonsense. But he was fired and is entitled to take up employment elsewhere. I actually prefer media (newspaper, print, digital) where you hear views you vehemently disagree with. Otherwise you are either stuck in an echo-chamber hearing your own views, or listening to very dull and safe commentators.

RTE completely neglected the football Championship this year.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:32:39 PM

I thought real Tyrone supporters don't watch RTE??

Reminds me of a great passage in the bible Matthew 6:14-15

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on January 15, 2020, 04:44:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:32:39 PM

I thought real Tyrone supporters don't watch RTE??

Not much football on it to watch. RTE threw football into the scrapheap for hurling last summer.

JoG2

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:31:38 PM

I thought this in particular was scandalous and just sums Brolly up - vindictive, spiteful and nasty. A man who will make up any old nonsense just to settle scores.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/jamie-clarke-defends-relationship-with-kieran-mcgeeney-after-joe-brolly-criticism-738492.html

OK, we agree he can be all those things, vindictive, nasty and spiteful, as shown in the example above, but 'but nowhere near man enough to walk it'. The man gave one of his kidneys ffs.
The state of you Tyrone boys and Joe Brolly  ;D

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 04:53:36 PM

OK, we agree he can be all those things, vindictive, nasty and spiteful, as shown in the example above, but 'but nowhere near man enough to walk it'. The man gave one of his kidneys ffs.

So what?

It doesn't excuse some of the poisonous things he has completely fabricated in recent years to settle scores.

JoG2

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 04:59:52 PM

So what?

It doesn't excuse some of the poisonous things he has completely fabricated in recent years to settle scores.

Yeah, covered under' vindictive'. You Tyrone boys are obsessed with Brolly

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 05:24:27 PM

So what?

And a past act from Brolly does not excuse the nasty and spiteful jibes he has put forward over the past few years, many of which he has based on complete fabrications.

He is a nasty character.

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on January 15, 2020, 06:28:46 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2020, 05:24:27 PM

So what?

And a past act from Brolly does not excuse the nasty and spiteful jibes he has put forward over the past few years, many of which he has based on complete fabrications.

He is a nasty character.

Brolly is a very generous and benevolent person as shown by giving a kidney to save a life and all the work he does for organ donation. He's really passionate about football but hates cheating and defensive crap football. Hence why Tyrone have come in for a lot of criticism from him. He calls it as it is though and he will be missed on rte.