The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 02, 2011, 06:55:32 PM
Quote from: boojangles on June 02, 2011, 12:16:59 PM
Quote from: robertemmet on June 02, 2011, 10:10:15 AM
According to the media, Everton are in for Miroslav Klose, Shane Long and Demba Ba.

Moyes needs to add more depth to the squad to bring them up a level.

Seen that this morning. Klose could have 1-2 good seasons left in him. Ba looked impressive from what I seen of him but may cost too much- wages or transfer fee. Shane Long was outstanding this season but its taking a gamble. But I would love to see him come and make it.
miroslav klose's wage demands would probably rule us out of signing him. moyes will hopefully be able to use the cash from the sales of vaughan and hopefully billy, yobo and the yak to bolster the attack. think we also need a centre half. we were lucky distin and jags stayed relatively fit for the majority of last season.
With Spurs and Juventus in for Klose we couldn't compete in terms of wages. Although he looks good for Germany he hasn;t scored many goals at club level in the past few years. Long would be a gamble but he has the work ethic Moyes likes and could play up front on his own.Craig Bellamy might be a good bet even on a 1 year loan.

We also need a left winger and a right back. Looking at our squad it's not bad. 3 or 4 good additions and we will in and around the top 6 again next year.

robertemmet

I think Moyes didn't play Billy enough to be honest.

15m for Felliani was too much money for a club like everton, I think they don't get enough out of him.

could he play Coleman at right back and look out for a right winger.

Agfree need cover for centre of defence.

Orangemac

Quote from: robertemmet on June 03, 2011, 09:29:26 AM
I think Moyes didn't play Billy enough to be honest.

15m for Felliani was too much money for a club like everton, I think they don't get enough out of him.

could he play Coleman at right back and look out for a right winger.

Agfree need cover for centre of defence.
Billy is one of the best strikers of a ball in the PL. He has only scored about 10 goals but most have been beauties. Don't think he is up to the physicality of the PL though.

blewuporstuffed

i'm going to ask what they have been asking on the united thread

jack rodwell- is he any good?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mr. Nakata

At the moment he has potential. I think he'll be a superstar in 2 or 3 years. The fact that he can play in midfield or cenrtal defense is a positive, but Evertonians have yet to see the best from him. I think the next 2 seasons will see him grow physically which is crucial in the premier league. The question is will united/chelski/city/yids think he is worth a gamble at 15m at 20 years old when he could be worth double that at 22. I think he'll stay where he is.

robertemmet

See Everton being linked with Chris Eagles and sopme young lad from Real Madrid on loan.

The Klose and demba ba rumours seem to have stopped

take_yer_points

Quote from: robertemmet on June 14, 2011, 01:16:33 PM
See Everton being linked with Chris Eagles and sopme young lad from Real Madrid on loan.

The Klose and demba ba rumours seem to have stopped

Klose signed for Lazio last week

SHEEDY

tough start away to spurs and with villa, man city and liverpool in first 7 games it could be another early season struggle.

really need to get a few players in but with finances tighter than a ducks arse that might be easier said than done.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Yeah, we should really be getting 10m for yobo & yak, but the buying clubs are taking the piss out of us. Even the dogs on the street know we're totally skint. Fenerbache are talking about 2.5m for yobo after agreeing 6m to get him permanently before his loan started and he had a brilliant season for them by all accounts as well. The window hasn't even opened yet and I'm getting pissed off already.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on June 17, 2011, 01:01:20 PM
Yeah, we should really be getting 10m for yobo & yak, but the buying clubs are taking the piss out of us. Even the dogs on the street know we're totally skint. Fenerbache are talking about 2.5m for yobo after agreeing 6m to get him permanently before his loan started and he had a brilliant season for them by all accounts as well. The window hasn't even opened yet and I'm getting pissed off already.

Just think how pissed off you'll be when Baines goes across the Park for £5m and PFK ;D

Fuzzman

The thing I hate about it all is we always have to wait to the end of the window before we get anyone and usually then its just loans or poor bargain basements.

We should get some descent money for Yobo as he's still a good CH but the Yak has a bad lazy attitude and will probably end up coming back to us to mess up our season.

Tough start again alright but its to be expected every year now.
I think Rodwell will stay. I see Cahill thinks the new young 17 year old lad is very good.

Orangemac

We will be lucky to get £6m for these 2 but at least we will get their high wages off the books. Stories about the likes of Klose have no basis in reality as we have not got £60/£70k to spend on wages per week.

We are really aiming for top 6 as we have no hope of breaking top 4. We have a good squad and I would trust Moyes to bring in a few decent free transfers/Championship players (although N'Zogbia would be great). The U18s won the PL acedemy league and the likes of Bidwell, Barkley and Hope could be pushing for places next year.

In Moyes we trust.

boojangles

Quote from: Orangemac on June 18, 2011, 01:09:32 AM
We will be lucky to get £6m for these 2 but at least we will get their high wages off the books. Stories about the likes of Klose have no basis in reality as we have not got £60/£70k to spend on wages per week.

We are really aiming for top 6 as we have no hope of breaking top 4. We have a good squad and I would trust Moyes to bring in a few decent free transfers/Championship players (although N'Zogbia would be great). The U18s won the PL acedemy league and the likes of Bidwell, Barkley and Hope could be pushing for places next year.

In Moyes we trust.

In Moyes we trust.

SHEEDY

in moyes we trust!! but he can only do so much with his hands tied behind his back. we need kenwright to get serious about trying to get a buyer or investment.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 18, 2011, 04:56:38 PM
in moyes we trust!! but he can only do so much with his hands tied behind his back. we need kenwright to get serious about trying to get a buyer or investment.
Maybe it is time for us to change our motto to "Nothing but the cheapest". I don't know the latin for these.