The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Gerrard beside anyone = not very good. Gerrard could rocket a shot into the top corner from 30 yards once every 15 games, but he'd do little else of note, yet still be spoken of as world class lol.

The same thing is happening with the media hyping Barkley. Occasionaly he'll score a good goal, but he'll spend the rest of the game charging head down into trouble and losing possession. He has no awareness and is far too greedy.

imtommygunn

Quote from: The Stallion on March 17, 2016, 06:30:41 AM
Gerrard beside anyone = not very good. Gerrard could rocket a shot into the top corner from 30 yards once every 15 games, but he'd do little else of note, yet still be spoken of as world class lol.

The same thing is happening with the media hyping Barkley. Occasionaly he'll score a good goal, but he'll spend the rest of the game charging head down into trouble and losing possession. He has no awareness and is far too greedy.

You are right to an extent about barkley. I have seen him pass the ball out of play. He will develop if managed right though. Moyes would actually have been the right manager to develop him properly.

Gerrard sadly was very far from being not very good. If you are an everton fan you would have seen that all too many times over the years.

The Stallion

I'm a Liverpool fan and I watched his poor performances week in week out

Minder

Quote from: The Stallion on March 17, 2016, 11:38:02 AM
I'm a Liverpool fan and I watched his poor performances week in week out

You aren't a Liverpool fan though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SHEEDY

today was as bad as anything served up this season, 8 home defeats takes some doing. the sooner martinez goes the better.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Agreed and I've been slow to change my mind.

I mean to me Martinez has moved us on a level and our expectation is a lot higher now than it was with Moyes.
For years we were scraping and scratching with Moyes & BK buying cheap players and never beating the top 4 clubs.
Martinez changed that mindset to a degree and brought in some good players especially Lukaku. I could never have imagined Moyes taking that risk of spending so much money on a forward worried that it might not work. He was too fearful and negative minded.

Now however we've got the opposite type of manager who is so OTT positive that he believes his own shite talk and can't see when the team are underperforming and need a good kick in the arse.
I think Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu & Lukaku can be great players on their day when things are going well but they need discipline and a manager to be strict with them to both praise them but also give out to them.
All the talk where RM doesn't practise set pieces or sort out their defensive woes just beggars belief really

My patience has wore thin and whilst we could win the FA cup (remarkably not have conceded a goal yet) I think the team lacks leaders and a few hard men to stand up and be counted. Coleman and Barry are probably the only too that really would bust a gut to win at all costs. Even our captain, whilst a decent defender is too soft and easily bullied. Someone like Huth or Shawcross needed to put some fire in the belly. Baines is a complete push over these days and is more worried about his hair by all accounts.

How would I like to see as our new manager? I'm not sure. Its been such a weird season in the league.
How would have thought Raineiri would have made such an impact or did he just get lucky with Mahrez and Vardy doing so well this year. Their defence takes no nonsense and gets the ball forward much faster than we do.
Klopp too is having a strange 1st season with them nearly winning the league cup but having a real Jeykl and Hyde league campaign.
Hopefully with the new owner we can get someone more balanced in to sort us out defensively as I think we have some great attacking players

SHEEDY

tonight i expected the worst but the worst was even worse than i expected. shameful performance. martinez out te feck. 
nil satis nisi optimum

johnneycool

Not even Bill Kenwright could keep him after that....

Possibly Stones and Galloway as starting centre backs on Saturday and a lot playing terrible, it could be a long evening on Saturday!!

imtommygunn

Has to go.

If everton had hit this form a month before they did they'd be relegated. They're currently on relegation form barring the fa cup (as per wigan were).

outinfront

Everton owe the fans a performance and a win on Saturday. Not convinced either will happen. Stones seems like he has become indecisive and jittery. Too many mistakes mounting up on the young lad. Any idea if Coleman can be back for Saturday? May struggle without him and Barry. That sending off could also be costly.

J70

ashman

Quote from: outinfront on April 21, 2016, 02:27:19 PM
Everton owe the fans a performance and a win on Saturday. Not convinced either will happen. Stones seems like he has become indecisive and jittery. Too many mistakes mounting up on the young lad. Any idea if Coleman can be back for Saturday? May struggle without him and Barry. That sending off could also be costly.

Everton wil regret not cashing in on Stones.  When the petro dollars chase young english players hands should be bitten.  Everton got 15 mill for Jack fcukin Rodwell !!