2019 Bord na Móna Walsh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, November 09, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 07, 2019, 05:40:18 PM
Maybe I should temper my earlier optimism.

I see Podge Lalor is also not involved. I thought he had come on well last year.

That's a lot of young lads that aren't involved that should be - Ross, Leigh, Dwayne, Podge and Collier. Eddies noises on Cha wouldn't fill you with confidence either.

What noises are those?

SidelinePeering

I see Podge Lalor is also not involved. I thought he had come on well last year.

That's a lot of young lads that aren't involved that should be - Ross, Leigh, Dwayne, Podge and Collier. Eddies noises on Cha wouldn't fill you with confidence either.

From what I hear Bergin and Dwayne withdrew for personal and understandable reasons. Which is where the likes of KK don't bat an eyelid where as we panic due to lack of depth on panel.. I personally don't think we are looking for a league win by any means.. it will be all trial and error like Walsh Cup.. All eyes are in for Mcdonagh Cup in my opinion..

blueandwhite1

Quote from: burdizzo on January 07, 2019, 06:26:27 PM

What noises are those?

The end of the interview he gave yesterday. Was asked whether he is involved. Eddie confirmed he was but in a less than emphatic tone. I might be reading it wrong. Hope so.

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on January 07, 2019, 08:26:57 PM
The end of the interview he gave yesterday. Was asked whether he is involved. Eddie confirmed he was but in a less than emphatic tone. I might be reading it wrong. Hope so.

I read it the same way, blueandwhite.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Leixlad

Shur if we had the likes of Joe McKenna up here, we'd blackguard him the way we did Cheddar.
[/quote]

Sadly very very true. Could you imagine cheddar in the likes of kilkenny or tipp the role he would be playing -if he were kilkenny he would take over from Cody. But he is from Laois and was kicked through the door.

portlaoisekid

Chedder is taking the James Stephens job I hear, far play to him if true

Don Draper

Quote from: portlaoisekid on January 08, 2019, 09:41:32 AM
Chedder is taking the James Stephens job I hear, far play to him if true
A fine tradition of Portlaoise men in Stephens.

clonadmad

Quote from: Leixlad on January 08, 2019, 08:15:47 AM

Shur if we had the likes of Joe McKenna up here, we'd blackguard him the way we did Cheddar.

Sadly very very true. Could you imagine cheddar in the likes of kilkenny or tipp the role he would be playing -if he were kilkenny he would take over from Cody. But he is from Laois and was kicked through the door.
[/quote]

Cheddar was mentioned as a possible candidate for the position of head of games development in Tipp when the position becomes vacant

The reality is that in tipp or kk they have men of the likes of Critchley or Cheddar in every club driving them on