IRFU Premium 10 year tickets

Started by Smokin Joe, June 15, 2007, 09:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

Received a letter yesterday setting out the costs for the new 10 year premium tickets for IRFU matches at the new Lansdown Rd.

The tickets are €15k each for 10 years.

That is €1.5k pa for 2 or else 3 games each year.  I know they are aimed at the corporate market but I think they are too rich even for that market (speaking as someone who asked to be sent the literature in a corporate capacity).

Are the costs extortionate or am I stuck in the past?

Hound

I wouldnt expect them to be anything other than expensive.

There'll be a couple of autumn internationals every year, usually against one of the big 3 from down under.

Are Heineken Cup games that take place in Lansdowne included?

Sky Blue

With the economy on the turn their timing is bad. They'll struggle to shift them at that price.

AZOffaly

Do they include autumn internationals, HEC games etc etc?

the Deel Rover

do they include gaa championship matches whenever croke park in unavailable ;) ;) ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Bud Wiser

Short of sending someone around to your house with a gun and robbing you that way it is a rip off of the highest order.

The GAA guarantee 22 games at Croker including ladies All-Irelands and Club Championship.  Add to that draws like this Sunday and probably at least two more reasons to use one of the nine reserve tickets and you have almost seventy games in Croke Park over the same period!!

The cost of a seat in Croker is 7,100 for five years or 11,000  for ten years and considering the place is sold out they have taken the advice of real gaa fans and resisted the temptation to increase the prices to corporate range only.

Nobody can decide if it is value for money only yourself.  In my case for example my birthday is this Sunday for which I care frig all about whatever about in an earlier life. Then some do-gooder of a family member organises a birthday event - in f**king Howth of all places, jesus, and I miss the game on Sunday.  Then another family upstart decides to get married in September - where? in f**king Spain on top of some mountain village the frigging day of the AIF. >:(

If I paid 15k and three days rugby clashed like this I would go madder than I am now by about 12 k's worth.

Smokin Joe

They inclue Autumn Internationals, but not HC games, quote:

"Tickets to all IRFU senior men's rugby International matches".

So we probably have an average of 5 games per year.  Would all the Autumn Internationals be sell outs (obviously the Big 3 would be, but if they faced the Pumas)?

Hardy

What sort of people organise these things for Summer Sundays? I'd say if Laois were playing on Sunday Bud, they'd be having your birthday party without you.

I have a brother who announces he's going to a christening on Sunday. And Meath playing! I mean it's not like it's his first child or something. (Only joking). The upshot is, I have a spare ticket, if anyone is stuck.

magpie seanie

QuoteThen some do-gooder of a family member organises a birthday event - in f**king Howth of all places, jesus, and I miss the game on Sunday.  Then another family upstart decides to get married in September - where? in f**king Spain on top of some mountain village the frigging day of the AIF.

Some people just don't be thinking at all. I know lads who play football seriously who have got married in July and one who is getting married in August! What's that all about? There's loads of months in the year for that craic besides times where you could miss an important match.

magpie seanie

Quotecame home early from his honeymoon to play again

Well at least he didn't miss a match.

SuperDooperCooper

Way too expensive - would need seriously deep pockets to justify that outlay.
1500 for 5 games works out at 300 per game ( ven allowing for the time value of money argument) those prices make the gaa prices seem cheap.
What price are the GAA 10 year tickets?

rosnarun

Iknow its a cheap shot but maybe for some sligo folk august and Big games don't fit into the same sentence . but I love that kind of faith anyway.
replays are the killer throws the schedule right out
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

magpie seanie

QuoteIknow its a cheap shot but maybe for some sligo folk august and Big games don't fit into the same sentence .

We have a thing called a club championship here in Sligo too you know. We have big games in September too and even October some years.

QuoteI love that kind of faith anyway

I know. Some day one of us will get to see our county win the All-Ireland!