This is getting out of hand!

Started by An Gaeilgoir, June 09, 2007, 12:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: mooncatiii on June 11, 2007, 01:06:27 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 11, 2007, 12:44:35 PM
i think a lot of people are angered by the fact that in this day and age your occupation is a factor in how much attention your missing child gets. is it just me or do an awful lot of people treat their children as a hobby?

i think this right, because these 2 people are doctors the fact they left their child alone in a foreign apartment while they went for dinner has never been brought in to question!  had this been a young mum or a middle class citizen they would be getn ruined in the media day in day out!  and this 700,000 r so tht they have raised,i would like to know what this is being used for?

First of all, this has been questioned, many times, by people who, unless they have never made a mistake in their own lives, are hypocritical, as well as callous.

Second, this idea of "running off to a restaurant" whilst leaving their children alone sorely misrepresents the actual circumstances.

They were staying in a Club Med resort. These are self-contained complexes, with sign-in/sign-out requirements etc specifically designed for families with small children. As such, they pride themselves on the safety of their environment, where children mix happily amongst each other, under careful staff supervision, whilst their parents can also enjoy themselves. As such, people like the McCanns are knowingly paying over the odds for their family holiday, precisely because it is so safe for their kids.

On the night in question, the McCanns were dining in a Club Med restaurant within direct view of the apartment where their kids were sleeping. In addition, they checked on the room every 30 minutes. I have no doubt they will have been surrounded by other diners who were doing exactly the same, each one of which will have spent the entire time since thinking "There but for the Grace of God go I".

I'm not a parent, I have absolutely no connection with the McCanns or anything to do with them and I have absolutely no idea what they're going through. But I have nothing but total sympathy for them.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Square Ball

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 13, 2007, 04:42:33 PM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/home

Looks ominous!!!

doesnt it, apparently they are taking it seriously as there was a similar phrase used when 2 Belgian girls were discovered buried.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

heganboy

looks like this is not ending well:
QuoteOfficers in Portugal are investigating the letter's claims and are poised to visit Odiaxere. Dutch police said part of the reason the letter was being taken so seriously was because it was similar to one sent to the same newspaper last June following the disappearance from the city of Liege, in Belgium, of two girls: Stacy Lemmens, seven, and Natalie Mahy, 10.

In that case the author claimed to know where the girls had been buried. The children's bodies were found two weeks later in a storm drain near a railway crossing a short distance from the location identified in the letter.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

full back

McCanns upset over claim letter 

The search for Madeleine has been taken to Spain and Morocco
The parents of Madeleine McCann say they are "very upset" the credibility of a letter claiming to reveal where her body was had not been examined.
Police are expected to search land after claims her body is buried nine miles from where she was abducted.

Detectives in Portugal say they are investigating an anonymous letter and map sent to a Dutch newspaper.

Gerry McCann said the publication of the letter was an "irresponsible piece of journalism" and was "cruel".

Writing on his internet blog, he also called the newspaper's publication of the letter "irresponsible journalism".

The letter resembles another one sent to the same paper last year, pinpointing where two missing Belgian girls were buried.

Ch Insp Olegario de Sousa said police were "checking the information" given about the British four-year-old.

No matter if the information is accurate or not, there is no doubt the police should have been informed long before the letter was published in the paper.
More publicity for the paper with scant regard for the welfare of the child

pintsofguinness

EG - I know you posted this a few days go but I hadn't the time to answer in the detail I wanted until now.
QuoteFirst of all, this has been questioned, many times, by people who, unless they have never made a mistake in their own lives, are hypocritical, as well as callous.

Second, this idea of "running off to a restaurant" whilst leaving their children alone sorely misrepresents the actual circumstances.

They were staying in a Club Med resort. These are self-contained complexes, with sign-in/sign-out requirements etc specifically designed for families with small children. As such, they pride themselves on the safety of their environment, where children mix happily amongst each other, under careful staff supervision, whilst their parents can also enjoy themselves. As such, people like the McCanns are knowingly paying over the odds for their family holiday, precisely because it is so safe for their kids.

On the night in question, the McCanns were dining in a Club Med restaurant within direct view of the apartment where their kids were sleeping. In addition, they checked on the room every 30 minutes. I have no doubt they will have been surrounded by other diners who were doing exactly the same, each one of which will have spent the entire time since thinking "There but for the Grace of God go I".

I'm not a parent, I have absolutely no connection with the McCanns or anything to do with them and I have absolutely no idea what they're going through.

1. It was not a mistake! A mistake is not thinking for two minutes or being distrated.  Going out to a restaurant and leaving your three children, under the age of 3, alone at home is negligence!!
2. They did run off to a restaurant!
3. I don't care what sort of sign in, sign out arrangements the complex had leaving your children in the apartment is negligence! What's to say some oul pervert hasn't access to the complex?  What good is security if a child wakes up scared, sick, needing a toilet etc?  What if there was a fire? It's perfectly acceptable for them to wait for 30 minutes until the next check? (I don't believe they checked on them every 30 minutes anyway) What good is sign in sign out arrangements, or a direct view of an aparment then?  Catch yourself on. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrone lady

Firstly, Pint of Guinness, i detest ur attitude, u always want to gripe and complain, although i should respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i wish to state mine, although unlike you i dont feel the need to ram my opinion down everyones throats.
I cant imagine nor do i ever want to imagine what the mc canns are going through by no means, how can anyone tell how they would react in a similar situation? its everyones worst nightmare, some say they were highly negligent, some say they were naive, i choose the latter. They didnt care about their children any less than any of us because they thought they would be ok while they were so close to them, they made a foolish decision, one that will haunt them for the rest of their lives, no matter what the outcome, every waking moment they will think about what they have done and for me thats punishment enough. as for people griping about the use of money and the high media publicity, put urself in their shoes, what would u do if it was ur child?? would u go off home and refuse the publics money, would u tell the newspapers not to publicise your childs disappearance? would u tell people not to print posters, would you let people forget?? i doubt it very much, and i know people will say it wouldnt be my child cos i wouldnt leave them, but that isnt really the point anymore, the point is shes gone
If the mc canns going to different countries and keeping this campaign alive is keeping their hopes up and giving them hope that they may find maddie this way then why cant we let them? what harm are they doing us? we are still going about our everyday lives, we are all getting on with our lives, if millionaires etc want to give them money to help then let them. Maybe deep down the mc canns know shes gone, or maybe they tink she isnt. either way, keeping this campaign in high profile gives them a better chance than packing their bags and heading home and doin nothing more. We all differ in opinion about what they should do
none of us are perfect, we all make mistakes, we all do things we shouldnt, none of us can sit here and be judge and jury over what the parents have done. it isnt our place

Long time dead

Quote from: Tyrone lady on June 16, 2007, 02:05:58 PM
Firstly, Pint of Guinness, i detest ur attitude, u always want to gripe and complain, although i should respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i wish to state mine, although unlike you i dont feel the need to ram my opinion down everyones throats.
I cant imagine nor do i ever want to imagine what the mc canns are going through by no means, how can anyone tell how they would react in a similar situation? its everyones worst nightmare, some say they were highly negligent, some say they were naive, i choose the latter. They didnt care about their children any less than any of us because they thought they would be ok while they were so close to them, they made a foolish decision, one that will haunt them for the rest of their lives, no matter what the outcome, every waking moment they will think about what they have done and for me thats punishment enough. as for people griping about the use of money and the high media publicity, put urself in their shoes, what would u do if it was ur child?? would u go off home and refuse the publics money, would u tell the newspapers not to publicise your childs disappearance? would u tell people not to print posters, would you let people forget?? i doubt it very much, and i know people will say it wouldnt be my child cos i wouldnt leave them, but that isnt really the point anymore, the point is shes gone
If the mc canns going to different countries and keeping this campaign alive is keeping their hopes up and giving them hope that they may find maddie this way then why cant we let them? what harm are they doing us? we are still going about our everyday lives, we are all getting on with our lives, if millionaires etc want to give them money to help then let them. Maybe deep down the mc canns know shes gone, or maybe they tink she isnt. either way, keeping this campaign in high profile gives them a better chance than packing their bags and heading home and doin nothing more. We all differ in opinion about what they should do
none of us are perfect, we all make mistakes, we all do things we shouldnt, none of us can sit here and be judge and jury over what the parents have done. it isnt our place

It was pure neglect,fact. 

Why can't we judge them, what they done was reprehensable, leaving 3 kids unattended to go of and enjoy themselves. 

pintsofguinness

Tyrone lady
QuoteFirstly, Pint of Guinness, i detest ur attitude, u always want to gripe and complain, although i should respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i wish to state mine, although unlike you i dont feel the need to ram my opinion down everyones throats.
:o Whack!
I think you've got me very wrong there but anyway...

Quotenone of us are perfect, we all make mistakes, we all do things we shouldnt, none of us can sit here and be judge and jury over what the parents have done. it isnt our place
So if they had to put the child sitting on a hot ring you'd say "we all make mistakes, we all do things we shouldnt"?

(I'm quite offended now)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?