Tyrone Ladies Football Final

Started by Lecale2, June 27, 2011, 08:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Over the head of a "LADIES" football match? Tyronies really are savages.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

Quote from: Sandino on June 27, 2011, 12:20:05 PM
The series of photos on the UTV website are awful to look at. I know tempers can run high during a game but look at the Louth game last year or the Kildare game yesterday, they kept the lid on things. People need to get better ways of dealing with poor decisions (if indeed this was triggered by a poor decision) rather than assulting officials.

:D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 27, 2011, 01:18:40 PM
What else do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

I take it that that sty of yours is comfortable enough?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Applesisapples

Quote from: Sandino on June 27, 2011, 12:20:05 PM
The series of photos on the UTV website are awful to look at. I know tempers can run high during a game but look at the Louth game last year or the Kildare game yesterday, they kept the lid on things. People need to get better ways of dealing with poor decisions (if indeed this was triggered by a poor decision) rather than assulting officials.
Triggered by a decision the perps didn't like, most probably.

amallon

I'd say just about every Club in Ireland has a supporter or two who is capable of doing similar to what happened yesterday.  The book should be thrown at them and criminal charges brought against them.  The message needs to be sent to Gorilla's everywhere that this kind of behaviour isn't on. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

LeoMc

Quote from: amallon on June 27, 2011, 03:32:34 PM
I'd say just about every Club in Ireland has a supporter or two who is capable of doing similar to what happened yesterday.  The book should be thrown at them and criminal charges brought against them.  The message needs to be sent to Gorilla's everywhere that this kind of behaviour isn't on.

It is the only way, most of the time these neaderathals are not members and the GAA has no scope for punishing them. >:(

seafoid

http://www.u.tv/Sport/Tyrone-GAA-to-investigate-match-attacks/56713f0d-3004-4405-a3e6-df4d7171fad7

An investigation has been launched by the Tyrone GAA board after two officials were assaulted and knocked out during the ladies' club football final.It happened amid unsavoury scenes at the end of the match between St Macartan's and Carrickmore at Beragh on Friday evening.   The victims were 43-year-old match referee Simon Brady and Tyrone ladies football chairman Martin Conway. Mr Brady was struck by a spectator as he checked his score card, while Mr Conway was injured as he tried to intervene in the ensuing violence.

Both were taken from the pitch on stretchers.  Mr Brady explained how the incident unfolded.
"A free was scored, the ball came out and I blew up the final whistle," he told UTV.

"I did get a tap on the shoulder from a gentleman I know very well who wanted to shake my hand and I presume congratulate me.

"To be honest, that's the very last thing I remember."

A full investigation into the incident has now been launched by the ladies' board, after it roundly condemned those responsible for the assaults.  It is understood the PSNI is also investigating. Mr Brady added: "I have absolute trust in the respective county board to deal with the matter and to deal with the fact."

ONeill

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 27, 2011, 01:18:40 PM
Typical actions from the Tyrone animals.

What else do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

Ham? Sausages?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Pangurban

The thug that done this must be brought to book in a court of law, where hopefully he will receive a heavy sentence. Incidentally the Posters on here making snide remarks about Tyrone people, are bred out of the same mentality as this thug, and reflect no credit on themselves, their Counties our the association they claim to support. Grow up lads

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Pangurban on June 27, 2011, 07:41:17 PM
Incidentally the Posters on here making snide remarks about Tyrone people, are bred out of the same mentality as this thug, and reflect no credit on themselves, their Counties our the association they claim to support. Grow up lads

I'm here on a fishing trip - nearly caught two big juicy ones too.

Felt sorry for them though and let them back into the water.
i usse an speelchekor

charlie stubbs

says he will be back on tuesday if possibly dair play, shameless act

bennydorano

Jail is the only answer.  Same for fellas who are fond of the judasing in club games.  A few sentences handed out is the only way to erradicate this poison.  Glad to hear the Law are invovled.

Applesisapples

There can be no justification in any code for this type of action. The PSNI need to deal with this not the County Board. Regretable as it is the Interview with Colm Keyes (I think) on Radio Ulster last evening was nothing short of bias. Once again the BBC is delighting in portraying the GAA in a bad light. I wouldn't deny that incidents such as these happen and need to be stamped out but compare the coverage of this to that given to sectarian attacks, crowd violence and attacks on officials in soccer in the North.

goal and a point

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 28, 2011, 09:23:17 AM
There can be no justification in any code for this type of action. The PSNI need to deal with this not the County Board. Regretable as it is the Interview with Colm Keyes (I think) on Radio Ulster last evening was nothing short of bias. Once again the BBC is delighting in portraying the GAA in a bad light. I wouldn't deny that incidents such as these happen and need to be stamped out but compare the coverage of this to that given to sectarian attacks, crowd violence and attacks on officials in soccer in the North.

Your probably right - as much as the incident appauls me - if it was NI Soccer would the news letter or belfast telegraph have it on the front page like the irish news.

under the bar

Its sad that Carrickmore seem to have learned nothing from the dark days for the club during the mid 1990s when some players left the co panel in protest at lengthy bans.  A years ground closure might be the next option for the co board to look at.  Worked for Bellaghy's indiscipline.

Incidentally were moortown not told to give the name of the player who broke joe mcmahons jaw or face the consequences?  Anyone know if they did?