Cluiche Ceannais Laighean 2017, Cill Dara v Áth Cliath

Started by Donnellys Hollow, June 17, 2017, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I know the chances of it happening are miniscule but in the event of a draw in this game where would the replay be played? U2 have Croke park the following weekend.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Ohtoohtobe

Our formline not looking so convincing, considering we were edged by Galway and what the Jacks did to Roscommon

Dinny Breen

I read Kildare have a clean bill of health, does that mean Ben McCormack is available?

It's the hope that kills you, so while I currently suspect it will be a 7 - 11 point defeat by Sunday I will be thinking that we will have a chance to sneak it...

Also going to place a moratorium on speaking about Dublin's inorganic advantages plenty of other threads for that craic.

Sunday really is about performance and hopefully on Monday the Dubs will be on here whinging like they're from Tyrone.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 12, 2017, 05:19:16 PM
I read Kildare have a clean bill of health, does that mean Ben McCormack is available?

Back training but unlikely to feature I'd say.

They managed to keep Paul Cribbin's injury very hush hush before the Meath match so I'm taking any reports of a fully fit squad with a pinch of salt!

seafoid

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 10, 2017, 02:02:20 AM
Our formline not looking so convincing, considering we were edged by Galway and what the Jacks did to Roscommon
I don't think the league means much in July

The Hill is Blue

Despite what the Dubs have achieved over the past six years I've had enough bad days watching them that I would never go to a final assuming that they would win, and the same applies next Sunday. I expect Kildare to arrive very well prepared and they will not be turning up just to make up the numbers. I expect them to fight to the final whistle and I believe that they have a good chance of having their noses in front at the end. Of course I hope that the Dubs will come out on top but would never take a win for granted.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Captain Scarlet

Hearing the tickets are selling well and a good crowd expected. Although not sure what the breakdown will be.
Also Ben McCormack is meant to be ahead of schedule too so it will be very interesting.

I know Kildare have an awful lot to worry about but the Dubs will have to manage our inside line, especially if Brophy and Flynn are there. Both men would be bigger men than anyone they mark and have pace. I know the Dubs don't sit too deep, but surely O'Sullivan will sit in a bit?
I hope that will see Niall Kelly on the ball more as he is due and needs a big game.

Kildare can sit a bit deep but need to keep breaking at pace. I would worry about Tommy Moolick in the middle, but he will probably start. He just lumbers a bit much at times and he could be targeted.
Talk of Paul Cribbin in the middle perhaps and leave Slattery on the wing?
Will be interesting to see match-ups too. Ciaran Kilkenny could find Keith Cribbin as a shadow all day. Will Fenton and Feely go head to head or will both try to play their own games?

I just hope we rattle them a bit and give them something to think about. It feels much more positive than in recent years and we do have lads who could do damage, although we need everyone firing to think of an upset.
Kildare's defence has improved a lot this year and so has their tackling, but this is a massive step up for everyone.

Are the Dubs here being nice in advance or are there many genuine concerns?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 12, 2017, 11:03:53 PM
Hearing the tickets are selling well and a good crowd expected. Although not sure what the breakdown will be.
Also Ben McCormack is meant to be ahead of schedule too so it will be very interesting.

I know Kildare have an awful lot to worry about but the Dubs will have to manage our inside line, especially if Brophy and Flynn are there. Both men would be bigger men than anyone they mark and have pace. I know the Dubs don't sit too deep, but surely O'Sullivan will sit in a bit?
I hope that will see Niall Kelly on the ball more as he is due and needs a big game.

Kildare can sit a bit deep but need to keep breaking at pace. I would worry about Tommy Moolick in the middle, but he will probably start. He just lumbers a bit much at times and he could be targeted.
Talk of Paul Cribbin in the middle perhaps and leave Slattery on the wing?
Will be interesting to see match-ups too. Ciaran Kilkenny could find Keith Cribbin as a shadow all day. Will Fenton and Feely go head to head or will both try to play their own games?

I just hope we rattle them a bit and give them something to think about. It feels much more positive than in recent years and we do have lads who could do damage, although we need everyone firing to think of an upset.
Kildare's defence has improved a lot this year and so has their tackling, but this is a massive step up for everyone.

Are the Dubs here being nice in advance or are there many genuine concerns?

My honest answer is that I have no idea how Sunday will go. It is true that the Dubs have had a great run and there's no reason why that can't continue for a while yet, but of course it is inevitable that at some point they will be beaten and probably when it is not expected. (Remember what Donegal did in 2012). Whose to say that won't be Sunday?

I remember the great Galway team of the 1960s (I was very young ;)). My feeling then was that they would never be beaten - but their day came and in truth they never reached those heights since then.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 12, 2017, 09:16:49 PM
Despite what the Dubs have achieved over the past six years I've had enough bad days watching them that I would never go to a final assuming that they would win, and the same applies next Sunday. I expect Kildare to arrive very well prepared and they will not be turning up just to make up the numbers. I expect them to fight to the final whistle and I believe that they have a good chance of having their noses in front at the end. Of course I hope that the Dubs will come out on top but would never take a win for granted.

Cheers Jim.

del_carroll

/I would worry about Tommy Moolick in the middle, but he will probably start. He just lumbers a bit much at times and he could be targeted.
Talk of Paul Cribbin in the middle perhaps and leave Slattery on the wing?/

I would totally agree with that. I think Tommy will be caught out trying to keep up with James McCarthy and the pace of the fame in general in croker, so given slatterys solid outing against meath, he stays in for me, with cribben across the the middle.

Neil Flynn is ready - so it's 2 Flynns & Brophy for me inside

Donnellys Hollow

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I like Cathal McNally, he always gives 100%, works his socks off and occasionally things click for him like they did against Meath. Proved a lot of people wrong that day. However if everyone is fit and in form I'd have Neil Flynn in ahead of him. 21 points in the 2 Leinster under 21 finals he played in. It would relieve free taking pressure from Feely who despite a very promising start on the frees has become a bit more inconsistent as the games went on.