A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

in 20 years time the McCooey proportion of the population could be down to 40%. Brain drain is a massive issue for them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

What has 100 years of two communities pursuing separate unionist/nationalist outcomes achieved? Sectarian,segregation,horrendous violence,poverty,deprivation.What is the point of continuing with this useless approach?

general_lee

Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2016, 06:25:56 PM
What has 100 years of two communities pursuing separate unionist/nationalist outcomes achieved? Sectarian,segregation,horrendous violence,poverty,deprivation.What is the point of continuing with this useless approach?
NI has failed and you want nationalists to abandon their ideology to embrace it?

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2016, 04:51:41 PM
History for slow learners.Freestate abandoned the North 100 years ago.In 1998 over 90% of the electorate voted to jettison Articles 2 and 3.They like Britain dont want anything to do with the North.
Errr... The Irish Free State was established in 1922. The 6 Co " parliament" voted to be excluded from the Irish Free State meaning it only extended to 26 Cos.
The Articles 2 & 3 were voted out as part of a new Agreement which recognised the right of people from the 6 Cos to Irish citizenship.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2016, 06:25:56 PM

There is no point, unionists should stop promoting sectariansim.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

What if nationalists abandoned the elusive and unattainable concept of unity and tried to make a new North of Ireland work? Much of the unionist bigotry is founded on mistrust.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on January 13, 2016, 07:42:44 PM
What if nationalists abandoned the elusive and unattainable concept of unity and tried to make a new North of Ireland work? Much of the unionist bigotry is founded on mistrust.

it is founded an a superiority complex, they think they are better than us Tony, I feel for you Tony, they really did a number on you in Portadown Tone, you ever vote DUP?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

No but I wouldnt be averse to? Superiority? A semi illiterate prod from Sandy Row feels superior to a Taig Doctor on the Malone Road?.I doubt it.Time to end the sham fights

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

😂😂😂.Yes multi millionaire taigs in the North of Ireland are captives alright😱.The only mugs are those being taken in by the sham fights involving the same old parties here,who are interested only in rhetoric and snouts in the trough.Sure didn't Big Ian boast about all the Catholics in N Antrim voting for him on account of the first class service he gave them.

Rossfan

When did secret ballots come in in the North East?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnneycool

Quote from: bennydorano on January 13, 2016, 05:35:52 PM
Trouble is there are 2 'Northern Irish' idenities, not one. I'd say my idea of Northern Irish is different than Jamie Bwyson's.

I can't fathom this 'Northern Irish' identity or cultural thing, but it is something than Unionism is trying to eek out of something from the language of Ulster Scots to the various Orange fest /Somme heritage centres I see popping up all over the place, but it certainly isn't something I can identify with from my upbringing and I'd live hand to glove with some that do.
There has to be an acceptance of both cultures in the north and currently that isn't the case. The establishment is still very much of the unionist variety.

No wides

What if unionist's abandoned their bigotry?

T Fearon

I think bigotry at a political level is all but gone.It is legally forbidden in any case.Pursuit of a common N Irish identity instead of allegiances to states that don't want any of us is plainly the best way forward.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on January 14, 2016, 11:02:33 AM
I think bigotry at a political level is all but gone.It is legally forbidden in any case.Pursuit of a common N Irish identity instead of allegiances to states that don't want any of us is plainly the best way forward.

Do you seriously believe that?