Tyrone v Derry, Healy Park, Omagh, 19:00 Sat 5/3/16

Started by never kickt a ball, February 28, 2016, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

With Damian Barton in the stand will Derry rush into a lead again and then let Tyrone back in it again?
How much crying, whinging and gurning will Derry do after this game, in preparation for their championship game in May.
How many new rules will congress consider for next year after this game?
Will the lights in Healy Park cope with this game?

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omagh_gael

I have lost count. If we win on Saturday night will this be our 3rd or 4th time beating these boyos within the last 3 months?

quit yo jibbajabba

Im guessin the sums weren't your strong point at school

nrico2006

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 29, 2016, 09:42:24 AM
I have lost count. If we win on Saturday night will this be our 3rd or 4th time beating these boyos within the last 3 months?

I was good at maths too, still am - but really having difficulty counting it up myself omagh gael.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

TheOptimist

Tyronies are beginning to sound like those of pre-03 hailing Dr McKenna and even O'Fiach Cup (wtf??) wins as great victories. A sign of a county that knows it wont be winning anything of note anytime soon.

screenexile

Not too worried about this weekends game although it would be nice to win and have a chance of promotion but the Championship is where it's at.

Fair play to the Tymoanies coming on spouting shite about winning O'Fiach & McKenna cup games. The Championship game will be a tight dogged affair and the previous games will have no bearing on it at all.

Bottom line is neither team will be within an asses roar of Ulster this year Donegal will always have Tyrone's number for the foreseeable future and they look to be even better this year with a great performance yesterday!

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on February 29, 2016, 11:12:34 AM
Not too worried about this weekends game although it would be nice to win and have a chance of promotion but the Championship is where it's at.

Fair play to the Tymoanies coming on spouting shite about winning O'Fiach & McKenna cup games. The Championship game will be a tight dogged affair and the previous games will have no bearing on it at all.

Bottom line is neither team will be within an asses roar of Ulster this year Donegal will always have Tyrone's number for the foreseeable future and they look to be even better this year with a great performance yesterday!

Really?
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 29, 2016, 11:17:15 AM

Really?

Yes really . . . I've seen nothing to suggest that Tyrone could live with Donegal.

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on February 29, 2016, 11:44:24 AM

Really?

Yes really . . . I've seen nothing to suggest that Tyrone could live with Donegal.

Are they that much improved from last year? Tyrone improved immeasurably from the first round last year. Though, you could be proved right and they certainly have had the hoodoo over Tyrone in recent years, but I'd say its far to early to be saying Tyrone or Derry for that matter wouldn't come within an asses roar of them. In my view they looked like a team who where close to the end of the road by July last year.

screenexile

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 29, 2016, 11:49:52 AM

Really?

Are they that much improved from last year? Tyrone improved immeasurably from the first round last year. You could be right, but I'd say its far to early to be saying Tyrone or Derry for that matter wouldn't come within an asses roar of Donegal - a team who looked like they'd reached close to the end of the road by July last year.

I think Donegal's decline and Tyrone's recovery are both exaggerated to a degree. Tyrone only beat Monaghan last year and that's it really. Yes it got them to an AISF but they had a spectacularly easy draw to get to Monaghan and one good performance got them over the line. They were well beaten by Kerry who in turn were well beaten by Dublin.

I think Tyrone & Monaghan are at the head of the pack chasing the top 4 teams but are still some way behind them. Tyrone's only hope is Monaghan somehow beating Donegal because even though Monaghan are probably a better team Tyrone have a psychological advantage over them which sees them implode when they play against eachother!

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on February 29, 2016, 11:56:10 AM

Really?

Are they that much improved from last year? Tyrone improved immeasurably from the first round last year. You could be right, but I'd say its far to early to be saying Tyrone or Derry for that matter wouldn't come within an asses roar of Donegal - a team who looked like they'd reached close to the end of the road by July last year.

I think Donegal's decline and Tyrone's recovery are both exaggerated to a degree. Tyrone only beat Monaghan last year and that's it really. Yes it got them to an AISF but they had a spectacularly easy draw to get to Monaghan and one good performance got them over the line. They were well beaten by Kerry who in turn were well beaten by Dublin.

I think Tyrone & Monaghan are at the head of the pack chasing the top 4 teams but are still some way behind them. Tyrone's only hope is Monaghan somehow beating Donegal because even though Monaghan are probably a better team Tyrone have a psychological advantage over them which sees them implode when they play against eachother!

I don't know. Donegal where running on empty by the time the AI quarters came around last year and the personnel hasn't changed too much in the mean time, a few league wins in February would not have me convinced that they are unbeatable in Ulster. You are right, however, that Tyrone had a favourable enough run to the semi final last year but that run in itself will have brought on a number of their younger players a great deal and combined with an U21 success would be enough to maybe not write off last season as a flukey run based on a decent draw and give confidence that improvements have been made. Time will tell but I'd be more confident that I was in many years of Tyrone competing with Donegal if it happened this season - regardless of what happens in Celtic Park in the first round where any result is possible.

Walter Cronc

Although they might not have the trophies to back it up I'd argue that Donegal have the most impressive bunch of underage players coming through in Ulster. If they can integrate them into the senior team, which they seem to be doing so far it will stand them well. The fact all their teams from U16 up play the same way helps matters.

Norf Tyrone

Really?

Tyrone were well beaten by Kerry? Were they?

I thought it was fairly close.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 29, 2016, 02:42:24 PM

Really?

Tyrone were well beaten by Kerry? Were they?

I thought it was fairly close.

It was a game Tyrone left behind them with a number of missed goal chances, free takers having a bad day at the office and Deegan making a number of bignore calls against which were incorrect.

Where has Conor Clarke disappeared to since the league started? Injured?