Rip Off of Fellow Gaels

Started by Zapatista, July 21, 2008, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

Goods sold within all GAA grounds and at GAA events should allow for the proper exchange of currency. Northerners attending GAA events in the South are getting ripped off using sterling to buy snacks, soft drinks, programs etc. I am sure it is the same for those from the south traveling north. This is a disgrace. >:( >:(

Tankie

so when you go to the USA do you bring ur sterling?  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on July 21, 2008, 02:09:27 PM
Goods sold within all GAA grounds and at GAA events should allow for the proper exchange of currency. Northerners attending GAA events in the South are getting ripped off using sterling to buy snacks, soft drinks, programs etc. I am sure it is the same for those from the south traveling north. This is a disgrace. >:( >:(

Us Northerners have been getting rid round Clones for a long time !

Tankie

Quote from: orangeman on July 21, 2008, 02:14:31 PM

FFS just bring euro and stop bitching. its only a Nordie that could complain about something like this!  ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tankie on July 21, 2008, 02:16:16 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 21, 2008, 02:14:31 PM

FFS just bring euro and stop bitching. its only a Nordie that could complain about something like this!  ::)

Who wants to tell him...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

T Fearon

Better still, bring the goodies with you, as I do. Stocked up in Tescos on Saturday with beverages and snacks and as a result I spent a grand total of  11 euros yesterday, 3 on the match programme (actually it would have been cheaper to pay the sterling price of £2, which I will be doing next week) and 8 euros on two double draws in the lotto on Wednesday and next Saturday.

If you don't plan ahead you will get ripped off ;)

thejuice

Quote from: Tankie on July 21, 2008, 02:16:16 PM

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

T Fearon

Incidentally the biggest rip off in Clones is, and always has been the car parking fees, with every tight fisted cnut that owns a blade of grass or disused yard of concrete cashing in from Gaels. Not that they get anything of me of course.  ;D

Tankie

I still dont get it juice, you got to a differnt country you generally bring that currrency or as you know u will not get a proper exchange rate. whe i go to Britain i don't turn up with euro and ask for two pints!
Grand Slam Saturday!

ziggysego

f**k sake Tankie "different country". You're some Gael.
Testing Accessibility

Tankie

Quote from: ziggysego on July 21, 2008, 02:36:01 PM

well in monetary terms it is, we may not like it but that is the reality so to start bitching that if you spend sterling in the Republic and you don't get a fair rate from a guy selling sweets is jsut stupid!
Grand Slam Saturday!

ziggysego

I take euros with me when I go south. Whether that be Clones, Croke Park or elsewhere.
Testing Accessibility

Tankie

Quote from: ziggysego on July 21, 2008, 02:42:17 PM
I take euros with me when I go south. Whether that be Clones, Croke Park or elsewhere.

and i take sterling when i go up the north, it just makes sense but when i don't like i did last year i could only blame myself for being ripped off!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on July 21, 2008, 02:38:57 PM

well in monetary terms it is, we may not like it but that is the reality so to start bitching that if you spend sterling in the Republic and you don't get a fair rate from a guy selling sweets is jsut stupid!

Tankie I'm going to start a soup thread for you to stir all on your own.

This thread is about the intentional Rip Off of Gaels by Gaels. If I am going to a pub it could be fair enough. But at a game with my three children where I plan to go 10 mile down the road to be hosted by good Gaels and return a few hours later I should atleast expect to be given a fair deal. It is complete exploitation.

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on July 21, 2008, 02:44:52 PM
Quote from: Tankie on July 21, 2008, 02:38:57 PM

Tankie I'm going to start a soup thread for you to stir all on your own.

This thread is about the intentional Rip Off of Gaels by Gaels. If I am going to a pub it could be fair enough. But at a game with my three children where I plan to go 10 mile down the road to be hosted by good Gaels and return a few hours later I should atleast expect to be given a fair deal. It is complete exploitation.

are you for real? you gotta be taking the piss now!
Grand Slam Saturday!