The Diva

Started by Zapatista, May 20, 2008, 09:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

Micko! there seems to be no middle ground!

His record is there on paper - you can pick holes at the stints with Kildare and Leix. Were Galway underestimated in 98 - perhaps. Should Leix have won more than the one Leinster - maybe.

He obviously has vast skills and experience. Perhaps he has enough to get a success starved county to punch above their weight for a bit. If Wicklow beat Leix - it would be a shock - but you wouldn't be too surprised either!!

One thing for the fellow Offaly lads, and I imagine I could be strung up here for heresy. Supposing our football Summer yet again is unsatisfactory, and the scenario arose that Mr Micko engages in discussions with the county board and there was "proposals" for the Kerry legend to take over the Offaly footballers, you'd have to let him take it on! (even just for the crack and to get everyone playing). You'd have to!!

(Hi to the lads in this discussion. Keep up the top stuff for 08)

AZOffaly

Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 22, 2008, 10:06:17 PM
Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!

But AZ he's right - you would HAVE to !

orangeman

Do you see who the latest member is ? ODWYER ?????????  ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D Could it be himself ???????

Mike Sheehy

QuoteReally? What's Harte on? Crozier? Gormley? McIvor? PM me if you don't want it public. Amazing the sleuths in Kerry

I heard that Joe Kernan was on ~40k .

I heard that Mickey Harte was about that after the 2003 win. I heard that even the less sucessful counties like Monaghan, Fermanagh pay in the region of $30k.

Whether that information is true or not is hard to say. But sure, who cares, the important thing is to get it out there right. 

orangeman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 22, 2008, 10:57:47 PM
QuoteReally? What's Harte on? Crozier? Gormley? McIvor? PM me if you don't want it public. Amazing the sleuths in Kerry

I heard that Joe Kernan was on ~40k .

I heard that Mickey Harte was about that after the 2003 win. I heard that even the less sucessful counties like Monaghan, Fermanagh pay in the region of $30k.

Whether that information is true or not is hard to say. But sure, who cares, the important thing is to get it out there right. 

Mike - All nonsense !

Mike Sheehy

I'm sure your right Orangeman but thats what I heard. Are you telling me you've never heard of similar amounts of money changing hands ?
Even the big clubs in Dublin are, apparently, paying this much.

orangeman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 22, 2008, 11:18:15 PM
I'm sure your right Orangeman but thats what I heard. Are you telling me you've never heard of similar amounts of money changing hands ?

Maybe but not up here

Main Street

I was once on a side of bacon and 6 lamb chops, every Sunday.
The team minder was a butcher.
Pity he wasn't a pimp as I was a randy vegetarian.

Fear ón Srath Bán

The man is a legend, and 'tis a right well earned moniker on his behalf, of that I've absolutely no doubt whatsoever. You ask any Wicklovian these days about the second coming, and he's already arrived, having successfully united both wings of the county, and within that, both ends of each wing within the county! No mean feat, and only something that a true legend could properly achieve. They now have Blessington lads passing the ball to Baltinglass lads, and not only that but the Baltinglass lads are passing the ball to the Rathnew lads (who used never to line out at all), and the Rathnew lads are even passing the ball to the Bray lads (who they used to decry as 'Dubs'!), and all vice versa and in reverse. 'Tis a veritable miracle, and the man is a (lmost a) saint!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Oh, so now its a joke all of a sudden.

Its time to piss or get off the pot.  I think it suits a lot of people to have a bogeyman like micko around to deflect attention away from what might be going on in their own backyard. Are people ever going to be consistent and fair on this subject ...I doubt it somehow.

Mike Sheehy

honestly, its like watching Bill O'Reilly on the Fox network on here sometimes. He picks someone, does a hatchet job on them and then turns to the camera and talks about the "fair and balanced, no-spin zone"

tyssam5

Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2008, 11:19:57 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 22, 2008, 11:18:15 PM

Maybe but not up here

Club management is where the money is at up here OM.

Zapatista

Any ideas for a poll to add to this thread? Gnevin you seem to be good at that.

Billys Boots

QuoteI heard that even the less sucessful counties like Monaghan, Fermanagh pay in the region of $30k.

Jaysus, if that's right we're looking awful stupid here in Longford (as if we didn't already).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...